Pizza's Up!

Rank: No. 2

 

My eyes wandered the walls of the dorm's living room, yet it could hardly acquire that status with wallpaper running with brown, almost mould-like, patches, and only one sofa that could barely fit three, full grown men, let alone five.

 

It was considerably warmer in our dorm then the practice room that I would, I suspected, call more like home considering I'd be spending almost all my time within it. However, it felt empty. All the others were hiding away in there rooms, laughing with each other and working on their own talents. ByungHee Hyung was the only one to be seen, almost aimlessly, floating around the room.

 

“Yah!” He cried almost as soon as the doorbell rang and a series of knocks were cast against the doors wood. “Pizza's up!” Thanking the delivery boy, the four pizza boxes balanced in his arms, he closed the door behind him with a simple kick of his foot.

 

The crispy slices of Americanised Italian food slobbered with layers of cheese and dripping with tomato's landed on the coffee table in front of me and the sudden smell of baked carbohydrates seeped towards me, filling the room with a call for dinner. G.O Hyung grinned at me as I glanced at the piping hot pizza, one box opened to reveal the glory inside. I'd heard that Rain Hyung had allowed us to order pizza with us so near debut, simply as a celebration of my joining the group. Not much of a celebration when it would clog us up for practice the next morning.

 

Dropping himself on the sofa space beside me, G.O Hyung dragged the open box onto his lap and I could feel the heat rising from it, wafting onto my face.

 

“Hyung?” I whispered, trying not to sound rude.

 

Glancing up from his eating spot, G.O Hyung looked at me questionably, his eyes searching the lines of my face for some sort of clue towards what I was going to ask him. Sequentially munching his food, he blinked almost blankly at me, waiting for me to open my lips and speak.

 

“Hyung... why is there only 4 boxes?”

 

My Hyung was silent for a moment, then a bleak smile broke in his expression as he shrugged, excusing it with a, “We just didn't know what you wanted.”

 

Hurt stabbed me, frowning at the word "just". My mind scattered as I felt a scowl scar itself across my eyebrows, yet I restrained myself from blurting out that they could have just asked.

 

“SangBae always shared with me anyway,” G.O Hyung laughed and pushed his pizza box towards me, offering me a slice. “Besides, the other members always steal mine.”

 

He raised his eyebrows and laughed, but I could feel my out expression as empty, watching him silently, my lips twisting in thought. Just then, a figure swept past accompanied with a pair of intense, dark eyes and a laughing smirk as he swooped down and attacked one of G.O Hyung's pizza slices, bringing it with his own pizza box as he slipped away.

 

“Yah!” G.O Hyung called after Seungho Hyung, both of their laughter merging together with an echo of playful evil glares. “See what I mean?” Hyung shrugged, grinning.

 

Smiling awkwardly back at him, I reached for my own slice of pizza, leaving G.O Hyung with one less.

 

As I was about to slip it into onto my tongue, a call from my new room vibrated through the door, “SangBae!! Come hear this!”

 

I blinked, my body shivering when I felt hairs at the back of my neck stand to attention. I glared at the door, my ears filling with a throbbing pain when they heard that name. It wasn't like I hated him – I'd never met this "SangBae"; yet I was still compared to him, I would always be second best.

 

Sighing, watching G.O Hyung stare at me, his voice speaking, yet I couldn't seem to make out what he was saying. My mind was blanked out and I just wanted to give up – to stop trying to impress, to let this other "Sang" win. Yet this was my dream, this was what I had been training for. I didn't want to let it slip away just because of one name.

 

“I said,” G.O Hyung coughed, focused on me, a sort of searching expression on his face, looking for something in my dazed eyes. “I think he means you.”