First Dance To The World

Rank: No. 2

The sound of soft screeching from the soles of shoes undertoned the music being hurled through the speakers, commanding the superioir members to viciously dance to the beat. I could see their talent, merging and clicking together, in time to the music. They had obviously practiced endlessly and I was strainingly impressed, yet my eyes couldn't help to see the loss of passion and determination. They're footwork must of been flawless yet there was something missing entirely. I wasn't surprised, having to dance endlessly in a studio with a temperature close to freezing. It was, as I had heard Rain Hyung, good practice for them to dance in tough conditions.

Rain Hyung's voice boomed over the music, his words sharp, shutting the pre-recorded music to a stop, "No! Not good enough!"

I shivered as I wrapped my arms around myself, trying to keep all the body heat trapped inside me.

"You saw it, didn't you?" he glanced at me, his eyes dark with seriousness and I widened my eyes, looking at him, bewildered.

Seeing the irritation in Rain Hyung's voice - glacing around as the other members stood, breathing heavily as they tried to regain their regular posture, looking at me as if they were waiting for an answer to - I mumbled under my voice, "No passion."

"No passion!" Rain Hyung repeated my words, yet much more loudly, turning his head towards the others. "The audience won't ever feel it if you yourselves don't have passion and feeling throughout your body." 

I could cleerly see the dismay in the eyes of the more experienced members, yet I knew they were determined to try their hardest to improve. My roommate, who had recently been regarded as 'Mir' - meaning dragon accending into heaven, apparently - ran his fingers through his long, shaggy, bronze hair nervously, which was considerably a change from the person I had learned him to be. His personality was loud and, considering he was the youngest of us all, beating me by a year, it was no suprise he acted far younger than his years. The Hyung who had, apparently, had his stage name stolen by Mir, listened carefully to what Rain Hyung had to say,as a true leader should. Being the shortest of the group, I noticed, as he stood next to the others, his chestnut hair spiked up rapidly, increasing his height for him. It was strange, I thought, how he had his hair styled as if perfectly alligned when they were simply having another practice.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Rain Hyung nodding at me and muttering, "Wanna show them how it's done?"

Blinking, astonished, I slowely dragged my body from the wall and stood in front of the others who now had decided to position themselves where I had been only moments before. I clamped my feet to the scratched, wooden floor, my body rigid as I looked upon the many eyes waiting for me to start dancing. Unsure, and feeling uncertainty crawling up my throat, it's claws scraping at the skin, causing my voice to become dry and hoarse.

Using coughing as an excuse to glance away for a few seconds, I traced the patterns of the wood on the floor, their, twirls and swirls distracting me from my nervous heart. With a sudden thump of determination to prove I was worthy of the position I was given, I started. I allowed my limbs to rapidly bend to the beat of the music in my head, my body twisting and turning, flowing quickly. Pulling my feet along the soft, varnished wood, I used the mini stage I had made for me to my advantage to show the world, or what little of the world I had in front of me, that I was worth something; I was worth anything! And I wouldn't let any feelings of regret or abandonedment get in the way. I was not giving up!

As my feet shuddered to a stop and my body froze - gracefully, I hoped - I heard the sound of applause fill the room and I glanced up at the smiling faces of the other members. Perhaps my eyes decieved me as I saw, in the gaze of a couple, shadowed resentment, weaked by the happiness on their lips.

Straightening up, I watched Rain Hyung walk towards me and patted me on the back, pointing to another of my Hyung's, Lee ChangSeon, saying, "Lee Joon, you'll be working with Park Sanghyun here. He needs to learn his choreography. I think you'll both benefit."

Rain Hyung laughed as the others sniggered at his joke directed towards Joon Hyung. It was then that I noticed the friendship between the four members I was to share my dream and fame with. Smiling lightly as Joon Hyung nodded to me, G.O Hyung slapping him on the back playfully, laughs escaping his lips. 

The distant sound of Joon Hyungs, "Yah! G.O-sshi!" echoed throughout the room as Rain Hyung turned to me and muttered, "You're a good dancer. You're very emotional in your moves. Makes the audience have goosebumps."

Glancing at the others who were laughing with eachother I smiled to my Hyung who continued, "Thunder. That's you're stage name. I've decided."

With that, he gave me another pat on the back and smiled, leaving the room, annoucing practice would start early the next morning.

"And," he finished as he left the room to continue his schedule. "Don't be late." His eyes glared at Joon Hyung who glanced around to the others afterwards with a look that said, "What I do?"