Prologue

Rank: No. 2

 

The passionate cries of my stage name chanted through the semi-darkness as the flashing lights played with the tune of the crowd filled through me. My eyes adjusted to the short flashes on the faces of the audience; white banners with their text of “We <3 MBLAQ” were vibrantly hit by the bright lights throbbing on them for an instant.

 

As I heard his own stage name squealing through the crowd, Joon Hyung glanced at me and nodded, grinning as I could see the hint in his eye that simply said, “It's been a while.”

 

Knowing exactly what he meant I smiled back in agreement, letting my eyes drift over my other Hyungs and band members, each of our bodies standing a metre apart, spread across the wide stage. The mist of darkness that covered the stage filled the atmosphere as I could feel the anxiety inside me build up, waiting to reveal ourselves to the fans who had waited over a year for us.

 

A sudden ripple of girls voices screaming, “We love you, Cheondung!” made me grin, and a snicker of a reply in my earpiece from the crew chuckled, “We love you too, Park Sanghyun.”

 

Laughing quietly, I lifted the microphone to my lips and, as they parted, a sudden thought flashed through my mind - a simple few words;

 

I am MBLAQ's Cheondung, and I'm happy.

 

I grinned and let the words flow from my lips, “Hey.”

 

The crowd erupted as the music started, and a chill of satisfaction rippled through my body.

 

“Time is too slow for me, baby. Listen here girl.”