Confused and Awkward

Four's A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo chewed on his steak silently and hungrily, while his parents seemed to be having their own private conversation, although he could hear most of it, he didn't actually bother listening. That is, until his father spoke up.

"Myungsoo," his father turned away from his wife to look at him, before wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Me and your mother have been thinking, just when are you going to get a girlfriend? It's almost about time you got married. You're already in your twenties!" He spoke sternly, and Myungsoo hid a scowl by taking a sip of wine.

"Father... I-"

Mrs Kim cut him off before he could speak any further, "Son, I don't want to rush you, but I think we should set up some marriage meetings for you. I know Mrs Lee's daughter is very-"

"Mother, I-"

"Myungsoo! You should listen when your mother is talking to you. We really want to introduce some appropriate ladies to you, work is important but you need to make your own family too".

Myungsoo sighed, and then frowned, "Father, Mother! As I was trying to say, I already have a girl I like, okay?! Geez..."

"Oh my, son... That's great! We were beginning to think that you liked men!" His mother beamed in delight, but Myungsoo felt himself choke on his own breath, "W-Wait, what? You thought I-"

This time, his father spoke up, "You should introduce her to us! How about lunch on Friday evening after work?" Myungsoo's lips pressed into a firm line, as he contemplated whether to agree or not. It would be awkward and embarrassing to tell Sohye he had mentioned her as a potential wife to his parents.

"I can't believe my son has a girlfriend!" Mrs Kim grinned at his husband, and Myungsoo's eyes widened. .

"Wait, she's not my-"

But none of them were listening, they were too busy shouting things like, "make sure you bring her on Friday!" and "ooh, I can't wait to meet her!"

Myungsoo sighed in frustration, well this was going to be awkward.

 

Adjusting his tie and looking up from his glossy black shoes, Myungsoo made his way through the main entrance of his office. It was Friday, and he had avoided telling Sohye about the dinner for two whole days. I mean, how could he just bring it up suddenly? What was he supposed to say?

Lost in thought, Myungsoo continued walking until he bumped into a familar face carrying piles and piles of folders.

"Ouch! I'm really sorry", the voice spoke, as she bent done picking up the documents, and Myungsoo also knelt down to help.

"Yoonjoo?" He said, recognising her face.

Immediately, she felt a small fluttering rise inside of her and she looked up, seeing Myungsoo's gaze on her. "Oh, h-hi oppa". They quickly gathered the files and stood back up. Yoonjoo held out her pile for him to stack his on top, but he just smiled and offered to carry it for her.

"I'll just do it," he said as they made their way to the elevators.

"T-Thanks" she gulped, suddenly feeling nervous.

The gold elevator doors opened, and Yoonjoo felt her heart thump when she realised no one else was in the elevator, so she would be alone with Myungsoo. As they entered, she stared up at his sharp jawline, her gaze slowly making its way to his sparkling yet nonchalant eyes.

The more he didn't seem to care, the more she wanted him. He was so handsome, and so nice. But then so was Daehyun. Confusion arose in her head once again, and she shook her head desperately to let go of any doubtful thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo stared at her, and she nodded, croaking out a soft yes.

Inwardly, she let out a dreamy sigh at the caring and charismatic tone of his voice. The elevator ride seemed to last forever, but Yoonjoo didn't really mind anymore.

Finally, when the elevator doors opened to Yoonjoo's floor, she reluctantly stepped out, taking the files from Myungsoo and bid goodbye.

"See you later, then", Myungsoo replied casually and she nodded, as the doors closed.

 

When Myungsoo finally reached his office, he felt himself suppressing a grin as he saw Sohye working diligently in her seat. "Good morning" He spoke up, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Morning", she replied, sounding calm, but her mind couldn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter