EIGHT

Is This Real Life?

Alice... Alice~.... Wake up sweetie~
I followed the voice that was calling my name, and woke up to see my mom standing over me... What had just happened? I tried to recall where I was... Thinking. Thinking.... Niel... Ricky... oh- OH YEAH!
I shot up where I was laying, nearly bashing my head into my mom's. 
"Oh Alice!" she said, falling over. "You shocked me... How are you feeling?"
"Ughhhhh..." I grunted. I did NOT feel well at all. My head was killing me. I looked around the room and tried to figure out where I was.
I've never seen this room before... 
"Where am I?"
"You're in Mr. and Mrs. Ahn's room, dear." she answered.
I looked down, and discovered that I was in a king sized bed. The sheets were uber soft, and the bed was so cushy.
"How is your head doing? You went down pretty hard, or so I heard. Smacked it right on the floor. Luckily you missed the pieces of shattered glass."
"Hmmm...." I acknowledged, as she handed me a glass of water.
"You know, you should really thank Mr. Ahn and Niel. They took really good care of you. Niel, well... he's been quite the little helper. Stayed by your side until I got here, and wouldn't leave me alone, asking if there was anything he could do or get for me. Mr. Ahn even chose to put you in his and Mrs. Ahn's room so you would be more comfortable. Apparently the two guest rooms are under construction... I didn't even know they had ONE let alone TWO. Of course it does make sense, since..." she started to ramble and talk to herself, and I couldn't pay attention to that right now. I felt horrible. Poor Perry, whom I kicked out of the house~ and poor Niel and Ricky, going through all of that because of me. I'd say I got everything that I deserved, but I didn't get enough, really. I caused this wreck, and they still took SUCH great care of me. Aishhhh. What can I do to make things right?
Well, I knew that the first thing I needed to do was talk to Niel. I need to see his face. 
The memory of him from that day flashed through my mind. How angry he got when Ricky was saying all of those things... How caring he was. Mom was still talking...
"I wonder what it would have been like to marry a rich ma- Hey, Alice! Where are you going? You just woke up, give yourself some time to regain your strength!!" she called after me as I threw the sheets off and quickly and woozily wobbled out of the room in search of Niel.

Where would he be... in his room? Where's that? I walked down the dark, quiet hallway and wondered what time it was. How long had I been asleep? 
I headed for a door on the end of the hall, and slowly opened it a crack. I peaked in... Saw some SNSD posters on the wall, a bed in the corner, books... I opened the door a bit more, and saw Niel sitting in a computer chair at a desk in front of a laptop. I got a jolt. I actually didn't expect to see him in there. 
Oh man, I really should have knocked. What am I even doing, creepily watching him through a crack in the door. I closed the door slightly and knocked. No answer. I gulped. "Niel?" I squeaked awkwardly through the silence, knocking a bit louder this time. I opened the door again, and looked at him closer. He was wearing headphones. He couldn't hear me.
Aaaaghhhhhhhh..... I screamed in my mind whist hitting my head. Stupid idea, since my head was still pounding. 
Great. Now I have to be REALLY creepy and just randomly show up next to him and freak him all out... Why me.
So I started on the adventure through his room. I died a little bit as I did this. I'm in his room right nowwww!!! EEEEK~~~!!!! Wait. No. Pull yourself together. You're on a mission. 
"Ni- ... Niel?" I tried once more, but he still didn't respond. I looked around the room a bit more. The clock said 11:00. Yikes it really is late. I'm sooo inconveniencing this family right now with how long I've been here.
I finally stumbled over to his computer chair. I was standing right next to him, but he still didn't notice... I bent down and looked at his face... Surprisingly, his eyes were closed. I then realized that he was asleep.
.....
Awkwarrrrrrrrd. This made me feel 10 times more like a stalker creeper freak. In his room... while he's sleeping...
I looked at his computer screen, just wondering what he was doing when he fell asleep. Facebook was open. I looked closer, and.. It was my facebook. I just got a LOT more woozy as I felt my face turning red. We weren't friends yet. So it was just my page, with no information... just my profile picture. The cursor was hovered over "Add as Friend" but the button hadn't been clicked. I frowned, and in an instant I just clicked the button.
... what did I just DOOOO? I should have added him on my account when I got home. But I just used his computer. He's going to KNOOWWWW.
I was contemplating running out of his room, sobbing forever... I probably would have done it, too... But at that moment, I just looked at him. Sleeping so soundly. So peacefully. He looked totally adorable. And handsome. I wondered what he was listening to, but his ipod was in his pocket. No WAY I was going to try to look at that. I bent over to try to look at him closer. I was about 3 inches from his face, then realized how close I really was and what the heck I was doing, and shocked myself causing me to lose my balance. NOOOO.
I only slightly lost my balance, but bending over, my headache, and my wooziness just made it a lot worse. And then I just... fell over. Catching myself on the arm of his chair... and his knee.
oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap. I'm dead.
He opened his eyes, and stared at me. First he had a dazed and sleepy look on his face. then it immediately turned to a look of confusion.
I gave up trying to support myself, and just fell over on to his hard wood floor.
"ALICE!" he exclaimed, shooting up out of his seat and looking down at me.
"UMMMM." was all I could say... Um. Smooth.
He looked over at his laptop and shut the lid as fast as he could. Then took his headphones off and scratched his head. "What- uhhh. How.. are you feeling?" he tried to say in a fake non-chalant voice.
"I'm. Okay. I think. My head hurts. But I'm not... dead." 
Just kidding, I really did die.
Then the silence came. We both stood there (well obviously I didn't stand, I fell on my on the floor) and stared at each other. He then realized the difference in height, and helped me up.
"What are you doing here?" he asked me. I thought a minute... and really didn't have a legit answer for that. I don't know why I'm in his room, I just... wanted to see him. But no way I'm telling him that.
"I came looking for you... I just woke up, and... yeah. But you were asleep so... OH! But I didn't know you were asleep, I did knock! You just didn't hear me. I knocked TWICE, actually! I thought it was because you had headphones on, err so you couldn't hear me. But it was because you were asleep. But you had headphones on too. And..."
He started to laugh. 
"Alice. It's okay. I'm glad you woke me up."
Well actually I didn't MEAN to wake you up, I fell on you... And yet, you still smile at me so perfectly after this oh so rude awakening.
"I'm glad that you're glad~!" I said with a woozy stumble. He gripped tightly onto my arms before I could fall over again.
"Why don't you sit down. You still don't look very well."
He sat me down on his bed, since it was the closest seat. His bed was cushy, too. I winced. He was being too nice to me.
"How is Ricky? I feel terrible about what happened..."
He scoffed. "Ricky was being a- ... *cough* a jerk. He needs to get over it. He left after you passed out. Probably left out of guilt." He pulled his chair over, and sat down in front of me. He was staring so intensely into my eyes, I couldn't take it. I looked down at my fidgeting hands. "What about you?" he asked me. "Are you alright? Ricky really didn't need to say all of those things."
"I'm okay. He was mostly right, anyway. But Niel..." I looked back up at him. "Thank you."
He smiled, and I smiled back at him.
We were having a ~moment~! I could tell. And then.... my mom came in. That's awkward. 
She said it was time to go, and I agreed. I had stayed long enough. Niel helped me down the stairs, and even to our car. Mr. and Mrs. Ahn saw us out as well, and apologized for everything that happened. I felt so guilty.

"Never a dull day, is there?" my mom said with a chuckle in the car.
I glared at her. And then my stomach growled so loudly, I was wondering if the Ahn's would be able to hear it all the way back at their house. 
"Oh no, I missed dinner, didn't I!!!" I cried.
"You did~ Since I was there anyway, Mrs. Ahn asked me to eat dinner with them. It was delicious. " she replied with a satisfied smile.
"Awww mommmmmmm. Take me to McDonalds. Now. Or Wendy's. Anything, I'm begging you! Buy some food for your poor invalid daughter!!"
We argued a bit, but she turned into the Mcdonalds drive-thru anyway. I happily scarfed my fries as I pictured Niel's sleeping face in my head. So angelic~
And then I remembered! OH YEAH. 
I have one friend request from a Daniel Ahn when I get home~ ♥
I squeeled so happily and loudly.
My mom shot me a puzzled look. "Are those fries really that good?"
"Yes mom. Yes they are."