People Like You Guys

You're Mine

Nam Soon twirled the pen in his hand as he flipped through the daily newspaper. Finding a job was harder than he thought. When he started modelling, he didn't really had to work hard for it or even think about it. He was just scouted on the streets while Heung Soo and him and a bunch of friends were just hanging out one day. It was frustrating. Most of the ones he thought could give him the big bucks either required skills he didn't have or qualifications that were way above than a lonely high school diploma.

Nam Soon grunted as he buried his face into the newspaper. It's been days since he was doing this and the sight of ads on a newspaper would just make him sick at the moment. He threw the pen across the room in discontent before his mind nagged on him to go pick it up. Nam Soon lazily got off the floor and walked towards where the pen had dropped and rolled near the kitchen counter.

As he stood up from his position, trying to keep his composure and continue going through the ads again, the door bell when off. Nam Soon waited for the door bell to ring again. They never get visitors at home. No one ever really comes over. Just when he thought he was just imagining the sound, the door bell rang again. This time, Nam Soon slowly made his way towards the door. He turned towards the monitor they had next to the door and checked who was at their door. A familiar face came on. Nam Soon was actually reluctant but finally unlocked the front door. 

"Annyeong Nam Soon ah!" The short haired girl chirped as she waved at him.

"May I come in?" She said as she walked in past him.

"Lee Kang Joo?" Nam Soon blurted out her name in suprise.

"If you hadn't had amnesia in the past year or gotten stupider or something, yes I'm Lee Kang Joo. Your high school classmate? Ring a bell?" Kang Joo said it all sarcastically in one shot.

"You're still annoying as you were." Nam Soon mumbled as he unlocked the front door before walking towards the kitchen.

"Should I get you something to drink?" He asked.

"Just water would do." Kang Joo said as she walked towards the living room.

"So, I heard you and Heung Soo live together huh?" Kang Joo said as Nam Soon offered her a glass of water.

"Urm... yeah.' Nam Soon answered briefly as he sat down.

"You guys definitely did it huh? This place is really nice." Kang Joo said as she grinned looking around.

"Stop beating around the bush. Why are you here exactly?" Nam Soon said as he sighed.

"Can't I just visit an old friend? By the way, where's Heung Soo?" Kang Joo asked trying to change subjects.

"He's at work. Now again, why are you here?" Nam Soon asked again.

"I thought you guys were you know... Out of work?" Kang Joo said slowly as if she was sorry that she even said it.

Nam Soon's face turned sour but quickly recovered.

"It's a part time job." Nam Soon answered. Lying wasn't gonna benefit him in anyway so he might as well just tell the truth.

"Okay, he probably should." Kang Joo said it quietly but Nam Soon could definitely hear her.

"You still haven't answered my question." Nam Soon was starting to get annoyed.

"Alright, alright. I know that you guys have been in a really tight spot lately and people really aren't giving you guys the time of day or even a chance to step into the limelight..." Kang Joo kept talking but Nam Soon stopped her.

"Just, get straight to the point will ya?!" Nam Soon tried not to scream but he definitely shook Kang Joo.

"Fine I will. As a friend, I felt bad seeing how the industry are really bashing you guys badly so I was thinking of offering you guys a job." Kang Joo said before she started ping her bag.

"What job?" Nam Soon asked out of curiosity.

"It isn't really a big one though but it might help you guys to start somewhere right?" Kang Joo said as he pulled out a catalog from her bag.

"It's a catalogue. I'm actually just helping out a friend for his new online boutique. It's mens wear. Seems that he was interested in getting the both of you to model for him." Kang Joo explained.

"The both of us?" Nam Soon repeated.

"Uhuh. The both of you. You know people like 'you guys' are actually big fans of the both of you, ya know. If you hadn't noticed." Kang Joo said as she took a gulp of her water.

If people like the ones she had just mentioned heard the way she had just said that, they would have probably be really offended but Nam Soon guessed Kang Joo had always been a bit rough on her choices of words. Nam Soon was quiet as he flipped through the catalogue when a beeping sound grabbed his attention. Kang Joo hurriedly rummaged through her bag and picked up her phone. Kang Joo answered the call hurriedly before she hung up.

"Sorry but I have to get going. Here's my number. Call me when you've decided alright?" Kang Joo said as she slipped a calling card towards Nam Soon.

"It was actually great seeing you again though." Kang Joo said before she left.

After Kang Joo left, Nam Soon was left in the living area with the catalogue spread out on the coffee table. The catalogues were filled with mens wear down from casual t-shirts to even formal suits. The back of the catalogue had a picture of the designer/owner of the boutique. Nam Soon had googled about him and he was known for being open on his gender preference and seemed to be someone pretty big in the LGBT community. That was what Kang Joo meant by 'people like you guys'. Nam Soon chewed on his lip. He felt bitter somehow but at the same time, he wanted to do it. Maybe this could be their redemption ticket out of this nonsense they were in at the moment.

Nam Soon ended up leaving the catalogues as they were on the coffee table and decided that he was going to start making dinner before Heung Soo comes home. When Heung Soo got home, he was earlier than Nam Soon had expected and the rice hadn't even managed to finish cooking yet.

"Hold on a minute alright? The rice will be done in just a minute." Nam Soon said to Heung Soo.

"Don't worry. Take your time." Heung Soo said as he plopped down on the couch. 

The first thing that caught Heung Soo's eye was the several catalougues spread out. Heung Soo leaned towards the table and picked one up. As he was flipping through the pages, Nam Soon poked his head from the kitchen and hollered for Heung Soo.

"Dinner's ready!" Nam Soon called.

"Were you planning to shop?" Heung Soo asked puzzled as he held up the catalogue in his hand.

"You know that our financials are really tight at the moment. I'd allow you to buy new clothes if we had the money but..." Heung Soo blabbed but his words were cut off by Nam Soon.

"I know but no I wasn't planning to shop for any new clothes." Nam Soon said as he shook his head.

"Then, what are these doing here?" Heung Soo asked more puzzled.

"Lee Kang Joo came by earlier today." Nam Soon started.

"What does this have to do with her? Did she start a boutique or something?" Heung Soo asked he tried flipping through the pages.

"No. Listen to me first. She came by with those catalogue to offer us a job." Nam Soon said that left Heung Soo quiet for a while.

"I guess the owner's finding models for his latest catalogue and boutique." Nam Soon continued and slowly a smile drew on Heung Soo's face.

"You're saying we're finally getting a job?" Heung Soo asked.

"I don't know if it pays much but the main reason they wanted us because of you know..." Nam Soon's words trailed off as he looked up at Heung Soo thinking that he would understand but Heung Soo was giving him one of his doggly clueless look.

Nam Soon sighed and sat next to Heung Soo. "How can you be so clever yet so clueless at the same time?" Nam Soon said as he caressed Heung Soo's cheek.

"They're hiring us because we're gay. Okay?" Nam Soon sighed as he grabbed the catalogue from Heung Soo's hand and was about to put them away with the rest of the catalogues.

"So what?" Heung Soo said as he stopped Nam Soon and took catalogues from his hand.

"Aren't you proud? Aren't you happy with me?" Heung Soo asked.

Nam Soon smiled as he snuggled up next to Heung Soo.

"I am. You're the best thing that happened to me." Nam Soon whispered into his chest.

"Then it'll all be fine if we take this job right?" Heung Soo asked.

"Yup." Nam Soon said nodding his head.

"Okay, let's eat. I'm hungry." Heung Soo said as he pulled Nam Soon up and they both headed towards the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know its been way too too long since my last update. School has been keeping me really busy. Didn't had the time to actually sit down and write a proper chapter. Now that I'm on break I'm hoping I get to write some chapters for you guys. I'm also rushing on some other fics I've unintentionally abandoned for quite some time. So, I hope you guys enjoy this one. ^_^