Feet Pt. 1

Am I Strange?

The door flew open seconds after the door had shut close. Yoomi stood before me with a big smile on her face as she stared at me.

I finally let out a scream and jumped up and down.

I seriously could not believe what just happened. Was this a dream? This was definitely a dream. There is no way that G-Dragon himself would come and ask this from me. And if he did, was he sick? Was he on hallucinatory drugs that were making him act out of character?

“Is this real?” I shakily asked my vocal trainer. She folded her arms across her chest. Her grin grew wider as she nodded. She took large strides towards me and hugged me.

“Congratulations, Hayi!” Her hug tightened around me, and I tightly hugged her back, trying to keep a hold on reality.

“Oh, my god. I already feel the pressure. I’m going to have to train harder.”

My insides felt like they were going to collapse in on themselves out of the excitement and nervousness. Yoomi only laughed and soothingly rubbed my back.

“Don’t worry about it! With YG’s staff, you’ll do great. Now let’s get started before you actually faint on me.”

From then on, the rest of the day seemed like a surreal dream. I didn’t even complain once during workout. My trainer seemed impressed by my change in attitude. However, he wasn’t impressed enough to take it easy on me. I still ended up exercising until I could barely stand.

I felt discomfort in my stomach as I made my way to the restroom. I felt gross, sticky, and repulsed by my own skin. I also assumed that I didn’t exactly smell like roses, either. Well, I'm quite sure I didn't.

The building was pretty empty right now. Usually there was always someone in the building (not including the workers who clean here every day), but every room that I passed was empty. I didn't hear music anymore. No singing, no stomps; nothing. It was eerily quiet, but I felt more at ease with things being that way. It also spared me the embarrassment of them having to see me stumbling down the halls.

I may have overworked myself today. I'm not going to lie; I really lost the notion of time. I felt like I was having an out-of-body experience with the events that happened today. You might be thinking that I am over exaggerating. I mean, just think about it. It's not every day that a member of one of the most popular groups in South Korea asks you personally to collaborate with him.

Now that I think about it, there was someone else that was there with him. I had actually been avoiding thinking about him since it usually brought up past memories of our awkward moments together.

They weren't a bad thing to think about at all. However, when I do start thinking about him, I go out of it and I end up becoming a zombie. (Kind of like today, but ten times worse.)

My stomach churned and grumbled, bringing me out of my thoughts yet again. I hadn't eaten anything since this afternoon. I didn't know if I felt hungry, or if I wanted to puke. Whatever it was, it was making me want to die.

Quickly, I ran to the restroom that was just around the corner.

I didn't miss the feeling of watchful eyes behind on my back.

---

I hadn't really heard anything more concerning the concert. My days had returned to normal, and I was a little bit grateful for that. With every passing day, I felt like I was growing more as an artist. To my surprise, the single that I released recently was doing well and being well received by not only my fans, but others that barely knew a thing about me. Slowly, the song was rising up the charts.

Because of this, my mood has been pretty well. I haven't really thought about anything else besides staying in my happy place. Of course I heard hurtful words here and there by other YG members, but I tried hard not to pay attention. This poker face of mine has really become of use lately.

"When I last saw you, you looked much healthier. Have you been well?"

The deep and rich voice echoed throughout the empty hall. It made me jump, but I froze as soon as I saw who was speaking to me.

A tall shadow loomed over me for a moment before settling down beside me on the cushioned bench. It had been a couple of weeks since I had last seen those dark, expressive eyes and well-kept dark hair. He was dressed casually and looked nice. I couldn't help but stare at him in a daze. In fact, he was sitting so close to me, I could smell the cologne on him. I felt myself relax a bit.

"Hello,” I said, bowing from where I was seated.

He didn't say anything and remained silent.

I nervously cleared my throat before continuing. "You shouldn't worry about me since I have been well. How have you been?"

"I don't believe you," he replied immediately, ignoring my question. He leaned back against the wall and shifted his attention from the window across from him to me. I suddenly felt more self-conscious and scooted a bit away from him. (I hope he doesn't notice.)

"Seriously! I am fine. You more than anyone should know how this is." I forced a smile at him, and quickly looked down at my crossed feet.

I started to tense up again when I realized that he was staring at me. His gaze was making me nervous. I retreated into myself and unconsciously crossed my arms across my chest. He looked at me in curiosity and finally spoke up.

"Would you like to go get something to eat?"

I felt pained, and I wanted to cry at that moment. Of course I wanted to eat! I was hungry, but I knew that I was going to end up either regretting it or overeating and getting sick. (What if my trainer found out? I had barely started getting on his good side. I really didn't want to ruin that.)

"I would really love to, but I don't think I can. Besides, it's getting late, and I'm sure my manager is going to-"

He put his hand up and shook it side to side. I quickly stopped talking, and stared at his hand until he stopped.

"That won't be a problem. I will be your chauffeur for this evening."

"But what about my manager?" I started again.

"I had to pay her off. You have one tough manager. I couldn't even sweet talk her into letting me take you home."

I stifled a giggle as an exasperated look broke out from his previously serious face. My stiff shoulders slowly relaxed as I looked down at my shuffling feet, thinking of what to reply.

"Well," I said, thinking carefully what to say. "If it was really okay with my manager, then I accept your offer. But don't blame me if it gets awkward." I felt my knees weaken when I saw a radiant smile break out on his face.

"Alright, alright. I'll take the blame. Now come on. That food isn't going to eat itself." He stood up and grabbed me by the arm, dragging me out of the building before I had the chance to change my mind.

---
We ended up ordering takeout food at a local restaurant since we really didn't want to attract the attention of neither fans nor the media. It was silent for the most part during the whole ordeal.

The drive back to YG wasn't too bad either (so far) since he had the radio on, but I still wished we could have carried on a conversation. I didn't want to make things awkward so I remained silent and looked outside of the window, holding on to the bags that held our food for the night.

Without a notice, the station began to play a very familiar song. T.O.P. leaned over slightly and raised the volume up, leaning back into his seat and tapping his fingers to the beat against the steering wheel.

I froze completely when I heard my voice through the speakers. The distinct piano and snares along with my voice confirmed my fears; this was indeed my recent single.

Slowly, I turned around to look at him while my heart threatened to break out of my chest. To my horror, he was nodding his head to the beat and even mouthing some of the parts.

This was honestly a shock to me. Never in my life would I have imagined that one of my idols would be enjoying one of my songs right in front of me. Instead of being happy like any other person in their right mind should be, I felt embarrassment.  

His baritone voice caught me off guard when he started to sing along. His voice harmonized with mine, but I wanted to die when he turned around to smile at me.

Without thinking, my hand shot out towards the stereo, and I pressed a random button. It got awkwardly quiet as soon as the station changed to a talk show, and at that moment, I wouldn't have minded being struck by lightning.

"Why'd you change it?" he asked with a hint of disappointment in his voice. He reached down and changed it back just in time for the chorus.

I hid my face in one hand as the bright lights of the YG building hit the car. From behind my hand, I could see the lights dancing on the dashboard and on our legs.

"Please don't ask me in that tone of voice. It's embarrassing."

He didn't say anything as he made one final turn before coming to a gentle halt.

"What's embarrassing? Me enjoying your song or me singing along?"

This was agony. I'm sure he was doing this on purpose. I could even hear the grin in his voice.

"Wow, I know I can't sing, but there's no need to feel embarrassed."

I quickly put my hand on the bag once I heard the engine die down and the door open. The car gently rocked side to side when he closed the door of the car. Before I knew it, he was already opening the door for me to get out.

"I didn't mean it that way!" I quickly said as he grabbed the food from my lap. He chuckled in response and closed the door after I stepped out.

"I just... I don't know. It's just embarrassing. I'm not used to this yet," I finally managed to blurt out once we started walking back inside.

He nodded. "Well, that's understandable. I was like that, too, when Big Bang first debuted. You'll get used to it, though."

I nodded in response and smiled when he turned to look at me. We remained silent the rest of our walk until we found an area to sit at. Nothing much was said as we both began to eat.

I slowly ate and unconsciously began thinking back on what he had said. I was hoping he was right. It's not that I doubted his word or anything, but lately I had been feeling so self-conscious about myself. The only thing that I felt proud of was my voice.

Somehow even now, I was feeling ashamed of that. It made me feel petty and a bit stupid.

I turned up to look at T.O.P. who had stopped eating. His attention was directed at either me or my plate. As soon as he realized I was looking at him, he looked up at me as if expecting me to say something.

I forced the food that I was chewing down my throat and took a small drink to wash down the lump of food.

"Is there something wrong?" I carefully asked. I looked down at my clothes to see if any food had fallen on my shirt and even wiped my face just in case there was a problem there. He didn't say anything, though, and continued to stare me down.

"T.O.P….?"

"You've sighed more than seven times since we started eating. Are you sure you are alright? I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I am concerned. You're not even eating properly. You've barely even touched your food."

I looked down at my food and stared at the full plate. I turned to look at his plate and realized that he was more than halfway through.

"I didn't even realize I was sighing so much. I'm sorry if that disturbed you," I said looking at him in the eye. "And I'm not really that used to eating much anymore..." I set my chopsticks down and sighed.

"I see," he finally replied back and set his own utensils down.

A pregnant silence fell between us until he finally spoke up.

"I think we should take you home. It's getting late."

I took out my phone and unlocked the screen. The time lazily flashed once before changing to 11:00 pm.

"Okay," I replied.

I looked up at him and smiled, helping him put away our mess.