Feet Pt. 2

Am I Strange?

It wasn't particularly awkward once we began to make our way to my home. We didn't talk much, and I was honestly a little grateful for that.

I did catch him looking at me several times when he had to make stops at red lights, but I didn't confront him about it. I mean, I was looking at him, too. His furrowed brow and concerned look sparked curiosity in me. I wanted to know what was making him frown, but I decided not to say anything. It really was none of my concern. (No matter how much I was dying to know.)

For days to come, I would be plagued with the curiosity. Not only with his sudden interest in my health, but with the sudden comfort I took around his presence. When I was with him, I realized that the paranoia that I usually felt around other people was gone. I didn't feel like people were gawking at me. I didn't feel abnormal as I had become used to.

My sudden anxiety died down, and for the first time in months, I felt normal.

"Ms. Lee! We're about to start rehearsing again. You should follow me before the choreographer gets angry."

I scrunched up my nose in distaste and stared at her for a long time until she gave me a questioning look. Really? Ms. Lee?

"Chunhei, for the last time. Please don't call me that. You are older than me. Hearing you call me that makes me feel so weird."

She laughed in response and pulled me up from where I was sitting. Her hand clasped mine tightly as she began to lead the way to the rehearsing room.

Chunhei and I had started getting to know each other as soon as she approached me after the first day of rehearsals together. I really didn't talk to anyone else since I didn't want to intrude. The age difference between the dancers, and I didn't make it any better so I didn't even bother trying. However, she wasn't as shy or as caring about the age difference as I was. We quickly became friends.

"So what is up with that cheesy smile on your face? You've been like that for a couple of days. I mean, it's not weird or anything, but it makes me curious since you either have a somber look on your face or you look jumpy."

I hid my smile as soon as she mentioned it. I looked away and stared at my feet while we walked around the corner.

"It's nothing at all. I was just thinking about some things that have happened recently."

I heard her hum in response, but she didn't question me further once we made it into the room. She was about to ask me something again, but rehearsals commenced and our conversation was cut short.

To be honest, the dances that I have had thus far are not as difficult or as strenuous as compared to others that I have seen. However, with my coordination and lack of experience in dance, everything was harder for me than they should be.

When my body doesn't move the way it should, we have to stop and start all over. If I trip or bump into another dancer on accident, we have to stop and start all over. Sometimes I fear that the dancers hate me for it, but I never see any resentful looks on their faces whenever this stuff happens. The way things had been going today, I would hope that they would be just as kind.

The music stopped for the tenth time in this hour. We all heard a loud sigh as soon as the room grew quiet. No one moved when the tapping of feet echoed throughout the room.

"Alright, everyone! I think it's about time that we take another break. Ms. Lee is starting to lag behind all of you and a couple of you other girls are starting to look a little pale. Eat up, go to the restroom, and freshen up. We'll resume practice in an hour."

I sighed in relief, expecting the director to get mad. I watched him leave the room, observing his expression to see if there was any trace of anger. There wasn't and I felt myself sigh in relief.

Some of the dancers stretched before making their way out of the room. I bowed as each one left, thanking them for doing such a good job and for giving great effort during practice. They returned the bow and made their way out, breaking off into small groups of friends before going into separate directions.

I was about to follow after them when I felt a hand land on my shoulder.

"So!"

I tensed a bit realizing who it was.

"Care to explain what it was that started making you smile?"

I turned around briefly to look at Chunhei before she started pushing me out of the doorway. I tried to stop her, but she was bigger than me and had more strength than I did at the moment.

"Chunhei! It really is nothing important. Or even interesting. Believe me. If I told you the story, you would complain about how boring it is. Besides, we don't even know each other that well! You have no right to ask me."

She pulled me in closer and lowered her chin on my shoulder, digging jaw against my collar bone. She began groaning as her weight made me stagger.

"Tell. Me. Please."

I couldn't even get angry at her. I started laughing and tried elbowing her in the stomach so she would let go of me, but the more I struggled, the more she dragged me down.

Suddenly, I felt my world spin as my knees buckled beneath the pressure. The floor began getting closer as both Chunhei and I collapsed. I shut my eyes closed, waiting for the pain to shoot up through my body, but none came. I opened my eyes to see a pair of long, bent legs before me. I turned my head to see if Chunhei was alright. To my surprise, she was holding onto me from the back. Her face was pale but full of relief that she had managed to catch not only herself but me.

I turned back around and looked up to my other savior. A pair of sharp eyes full of concern stared me down. Clumsily, I tried to regain my balance and pushed up against Chunhei who began helping me up. I tried not to look at him once I felt the heat grow on my cheeks. He had just been mere centimeters from my face.

"Are you alright?" T.O.P. asked.

I nodded, pulling a wild strand of hair behind my ear. I looked back up at him and smiled. It wasn't until then that I had realized that the rest of Big Bang was there.

GD was right behind T.O.P. who looked a little surprised at, I assume, what had just happened. Seungri, Taeyang, and Daesung were behind the two. The same look of shock was present on their faces.

A small awkward silence grew pregnant in the hall. I shuffled awkwardly from side to side. I grew more nervous once no one made a move to break the silence.

"I'm alright, too. Don't worry about me, guys."

I turned around to look at Chunhei. She motioned to her body, revealing that she was alright. I elbowed her on the side, but couldn't help smiling as I felt the tense atmosphere soften up. A couple of the members laughed at her display of narcissism and even managed to make T.O.P. relax. I sighed in relief, bumping her lightly on the arm in appreciation.

"Hey, uh, so I'm gonna go because I'm starving, and I have a feeling one of you may want to talk to this little lady here, so I'm out. Thank you for taking the time to rescue us. Goodbye!" She bowed before each member and walked around them. Before she turned at one of the halls, I caught her wiggling her eyebrows at me and giving me two thumbs up. I managed to glare at her, which earned me a mischievous laugh.

"I'm really sorry about her," I said with a sigh.

"Don't worry about it," Taeyang said, speaking up for the rest of his friends. "If you don't mind, we're also going to head off." He gave me a crooked smile that made my heart ram hard against my chest.

How can a group of such attractive people exist?

"Please take care of yourself and try not to roughhouse too much," Daesung said smiling as well. "I know from experience. It can end badly."

I stared at him for a bit as the members started walking past me and T.O.P. I managed to utter a thank you and bowed before him.

These men are going to be the end of me.

"Seriously, take care. I can't have anything happen to my future collaborator." GD stopped before me and patted my arm lightly. He gave me a serious look then smiled a bit before turning to T.O.P.

"You guys go ahead. I'll catch up with you later."

GD nodded and finally let go of me. They bid their farewell, leaving me and T.O.P alone in the desolate hall.

"You haven't been taking care of yourself, have you?"

The look he gave me made me feel bad, as if I had done something wrong. I averted my gaze from his accusing one, and opted to look at my worn boots.

He sighed in response. He motioned for me to follow him, and began walking as soon as I nodded.

Despite feeling like a child being chastised for doing something wrong, his concern made me feel warm inside. I could feel another one of those 'cheesy smiles' creeping up on my face and felt the blood rush to my cheeks. I hadn't felt like this about someone in such a long time. Not to mention that no one aside from my family shows concern for me like this. I don't know if his intentions are purely platonic, but from the way my heart was beating, I could tell that my feelings for him were starting to grow into something more.

T.O.P. finally stopped at a small bench just outside of the cafeteria. I stood on the tip of my toes and peeked through the little windows, spotting Chunhei harassing another one of the dancers for food. I giggled a bit before sitting down beside him.

"I hope this doesn't sound weird," he began, playing with one of his rings. He remained silent for a moment, thinking over his words before continuing. “... or creepy-" he added as an afterthought. -but I have been watching you for a while. I may have no right to feel concern over you, but I do. Unlike so many other idols who were trainees that trained for things like this specifically before debuting, you have not and it makes me worried about you. I know you still haven't gotten used to the stress and that you are still getting used to the hectic schedule that you are always faced with, but you really need to take care of yourself."

This wasn't what I was expecting. I mean, I wasn't expecting anything, but I wasn't prepared for this. I opted to remain silent and nodded.

"I watch the television every now and then and surf the web when I have the chance. Every time that I see pictures or live feed of you, you look more pale and tired. I can tell that you have been dieting, and believe me, I think you look great,-" my heart fluttered at the compliment. "-but you look so sick." He stopped and looked up at me.

I stared hard at the floor. I hadn't thought that anyone had realized this. I didn't want to tell anyone about it. It didn't matter anyway since no one was making me do this. I was doing this out of my own accord. I still managed to feel bad for making someone worry like this about it. Especially since this someone was T.O.P., a man who had more important things to do that to worry about this rookie.

"I know I may be overdoing it, but I feel this unbelievable pressure to try my hardest. Like you said, I haven't gone through training, and I am trying my best to catch up on all of those years that I should already have under my belt. I want to look as good as everyone in YG does, but all I have is my voice. That's only part of what is needed to be an idol," I replied. As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt an unbelievable pressure lift off of my shoulders. I sighed and gave the floor one last look before shifting my attention back up to him.

T.O.P. looked astonished at my response, but quickly regained his composure. "Look, I know what you feel, but the way you have won your fans is through your voice. Not your appearance. I doubt it would really matter what you look like as long as you keep singing as wonderfully as you have."

His words gave me sense of relief (and even made me feel a bit flattered), but I was still worried. I wanted to believe him wholeheartedly, but deep inside, I knew I had to be better.

He tapped his thumb against his thigh in thought. Before I knew it, his hand was outstretched towards me.

"What?" I asked.

He shoved his outstretched hand at me a couple of times until I realized he was motioning for the lump in my pocket. I stood up momentarily, got my phone, and carefully placed it in his hand.

It didn't occur to me to ask what he wanted with it, but I didn't want to question him once I saw the look of determination on his face. I suddenly grew nervous when I realized that I had a couple of weird selfies on my phone.

My fears were replaced by confusion once he took his own phone out. He messed with both phones for a couple more minutes before he handed the device back to me. He put his phone back in his pocket and turned to look at me.

"What-" I tried to begin, but he cut me off short.

"I put my number in there, and got yours in return."

I quickly scanned my contact list, and sure enough, his name was at the bottom of the list.

"If you ever need someone to talk to, I want you to either send me a message or call me, okay?"

I dumbly nodded at his request which earned me a sincere smile.

He looked at his watch and patted his thighs before standing up. I followed his lead and stood beside him.

"I think you should go and join your friend. Please eat well. From the looks of it, you'll be exercising a lot. For once, let yourself eat enough calories to last throughout the day."

I nodded again, stumbling a bit when he shoved me towards the direction of the door.

"I'll see you later. Thank you for not being awkward this time." He took off after his farewell, leaving me behind completely awestruck.

Once his broad back was out of my sight, I turned towards the door and walked to the only occupied table. Most of the people had already gone to do other things before the last of our thirty minutes was up.

"What’s wrong with you?" Chunhei asked when I stumbled into the seat across from her.

I stared at my phone, pressing on the 'OK' button to view his number on my phone. From the corner of my eyes, I could see her curiosity peak. She stood up and looked at my screen briefly before sitting back down.

I put my phone against my lap and stared at the black boots before me.

"I can't feel my feet."

---

Hi. Uh, sorry for, y'know, not updating last weekend when I said I would. I ended up not feeling good, so I hope you guys can forgive me. If you can't bring yourself to do it, here's a picture just for you guys: http://cykloper.tumblr.com/post/49125332371/remember-that-time-hayi-went-out-in-i-think

Ok, so an important note about this chapter: what do you guys think about Chunhei? I wasn't actually going to give her such a large part, but I did and now I am attached to her. I want to give her a part in the story, but wanted to know what you guys think about it. If yes, then she might get her own story and be an interactive character in a separate fanfic. You'll get to decide what she does, who she gets with (if you want to romance it up /wink wink), what POV the story gets told in, and how she ultimately looks like. Whatever Chunhei does in relation to Hayi will affect what happens to that adorable little lady (as well as some of the members in Big Bang.) If not, then she will probably still have a separate fanfic, but she won't appear much in this story.

Let me know what you think.

NOTE: I have finals coming up, so I don't know if I will be updating next week. But fear not! After finals, I can be a total lazy bum and finally write one chapter every week with the addition of other stories! /gasp

Anyway, sorry for the long author note. Thank you for reading, and I hope you rad little ladies and gents had a fantastic weekend!

(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)