Chapter 1

It Can't Be

HyunA glanced at her Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch. It was 3:50 and in a few minutes the airplane that she was riding in, was about to land. She felt butterflies in her stomach. In a few minutes, she was gonna step foot in Korea once again. She couldn’t help but think about YunHo and the others.

 

It’s been 3 years since she left Korea and left everything behind. Though she kept in touch with the girls and told them everything, they still accepted her. She was now very successful with her dance studio. With the money from YunHo, she renovated the dance studio and made it better and complete with fans, air cons and sound systems. Since BoA was also a dancer, BoA helped teach dance in Korea while she was in the U.S.

 

Finally, the plane landed and she heard the attendant saying that they’ve arrived in Korea. She stepped out of the plane as she felt the Korean air blow away her long brunette hair.

 

‘You can do this, HyunA’ HyunA gave herself a mental high five as she smiled lightly, pushing away the strewn hair on her face. She looked around and absentmindedly touched her Cartier Love Necklace which YunHo gave her on the day of JiHye’s wedding and the day before she left without any marks or even words.

 

Since 3 years have passed, a lot has changed too. She dyed her hair light brown and wavy and her skin was white now, even Gina and the others noticed her maturity. But, she still was the sweet, fun-loving, quirky HyunA with the model body and angelic face.

 

She also pursued her career being a model and a fashion designer and she’s still teaching class. Everything she wore screamed ‘designer’ and her designs were very popular among fashionable crowds. And in her two years in the U.S., she only dated 2 guys, SiWan, a Law student and Yoo AhIn, the model that she dated for 6 months, but it seemed that her relationships were short lived. And deep inside, she knew she left her heart with YunHo when she left Korea.

 

“Mommy, I can’t find Teddy.” A 2 year old boy pulled on his coat, looking at his Mother with teary eyes as he rubbed his red nose.

 

She smiled, kneeling down to his level, kissing his small forehead as she cupped his face. “Don’t worry, YunJoo-ah, Mommy has Teddy in her bag,” she smiled, pulling out her son’s teddy, handing it to him. “Stop crying, ok?” She smiled, wiping his tears.

 

“Yes, Mommy.” YunJoo sniffed, hugging his bear tight.

 

They stepped off the plane and walked to get their luggages. Everywhere they went, people would stop and stare. She took out her phone and rang BoA’s phone, but she felt someone bump with her, making her drop her phone.

 

“Oh, I am soo sorry, Miss.” A pretty woman bowed as the two of them scrambled for HyunA’s phone on the floor.

 

“Gwaenchanha.” HyunA smiled bowing back before turning on her phone.

 

“Let me pay for the damages.” She gave a guilty smile.

 

“Aniyo. Jungmal gwaenchanha.” HyunA smiled back.

 

“I’m Kwon Yuri.” She took her hand out so the two could shake hands.

 

“I’m Kim HyunA, nice to meet you, Yuri-ssi.” She shook her hand.