Anchored

Time has come

 

 

 

VII  "Everything"

   He was waiting on the parking area, Minho was sitting on the passenger seat, the three ladies in the back. He saw the taxi  passing next to them and stopping right in front.  She got out of the car, he woke up Minho who was sleeping, "She's there.. Stay here I'll be right back;" he told Minho while opening the door. 

 

  She told the driver to stop in front of the building, she thanked him, and got out of the car. She was about to pay him, when a familiar face came to her. "Changmin Oppa", he hugged her. "I'm sorry Seohyun, you were the only one I could call."She nodded. "Let me pay the taxi" he insisted. "Where is he?" she asked him looking at his car behind him. "He's not in my car, he's inside." he answered.  The taxi drove off, "You should also go, these ladies are waiting for you." she said while looking at the women in his backseat. He chuckled. "I'm going, thank you Seo" he hugged her. 

 He went into his car and the engine. The woman in the back seat, asked him who she was. He looked at Seohyun entering Shindong's Club;, he smiled"She's my sister-in-law" 

 

  She went in, waiters were cleaning the place,  and people were leaving. it was the end of the night, they were about to close. It was the first time for her to come here by night in two years, Of course she would come to Shindong's Oppa club, but not by night. She would come during the day, when it was a restaurant. The night , the restaurant turned into a private club, where being a woman was not a good thing. She scanned the place looking for an employee, a waiter came to her. "I'm sorry madam but we're about to close." he told her,  She looked at him, he was about 19 years old, and she was wearing blue jeans and converse, not very an outfit to attend club.  "I came to pick up, mr Cho she said. He looked at her; "Who?" 

It was probably the newbie Changmin was talking about. How could not he be aware of who was Kyuhyun to his boss? She let out a breath; "my husband" she finally said. "Oh I'm sorry. Yeah I forgot!. He put his hand in his apron looking for something.. "There, this is his keys. I did not want him to drive, and all his friends left early. "he gave her the keys of Kyuhyun's car. " That's why Sir Shim Changmin called you." She took the keys. "And where is he right now?" the young man was talkative "He's in the room 9 upstairs,"

   

 

   She climbed the stairs the same journey he had done earlier, she looked for the door 9, she finally reached it, she stopped in front of it, afraid of what she would see. It reminded her of the day she found that  he was cheating on her. The long alley with countless doors,  the red carpet, the smell of luxury and candles. She took a deep breath and opened the door. 

She  would met him for the first time since their night…     

    The first thing she saw was the table, full of  ashtray, Soju bottles and other alcohol, the smoke from the cigarettes was still floating in the air. She then opened a little bit more the door. She saw him, completely shattered. He was wearing black pants and a white shirt, his black jacket on his chest. But something else caught her attention,  he was laying on the couch, his head resting on someone' else legs… a woman. "You're probably Seohyun? Nice to meet you!"  she whispered while handing her hand waiting for Seohyun to shake it. 

"Yeah, I'm Seohyun" she shook her hand "And you are…?" She looked at her, the woman's was sitting on the couch, Kyuhyun's head on her tights. She was wearing a black mini dress and her hair was short and red. "OMO I'm sorry, I'm Dasom, I met your husband tonight, Changmin Oppa introduced me to him." Seohyun looked at her "You know Changmin Oppa?"  the woman seemed empty- headed. Dasom poured a glass of wine to Seohyun; "Yeah we studied together abroad." So she was an architect… But Seohyun declined the drink. "I just came to pick him up", she said, pointing to Kyuhyun who was still sleeping. "Oh Yeah, I understand!"she put down the glass on the table. Seohyun went to Kyuhyun, she tried to wake him up, but he would not move. She took him, he stood up, still half awake. Her hand was encircling his waist and his arm was on her shoulders. He was heavy, Dasom tried to help  her by putting his other arm on her own shoulders but Seohyun stopped her.

 "Please, I'm taking care of him.  It's not the first time. I'm used to it. Can you just pick up his jacket?" Dasom nodded. "Hmm yeah I 'll pick it up"

   

    She managed to arrive to his car Dasom following behind. She helped her to open the door, Seohyun installed Kyuhyun on the backseat. She then went to the driver seat she looked at Dasom who handed her Kyuhyun's jacket "Do you need a drive?" she asked her. "Dasom gave her the jacket "No, thank you, I have my own car." she said pointing to the car next to them. Seohyun nodded, she closed the door, Dasom made two steps back. "Seohyun-shi?" she called her. "He only talked about you." she said. Seohyun looked at her and the engine. "Thank you for staying with him until now" she told Dasom; The ginger girl let a smile appearing on her face. "Take care of him". 

 

   She parked the car in the parking of his apartment complex. She looked at him in the rear-view mirror, he was using his hand to cover his eyes. She sighed, she had to lie to Yonghwa, to come to pick him up. But no one would know about that, since Kyuhyun would never talk with Yonghwa anyway. 

   She managed to lead him towards the elevator, he was mumbling and whispering by himself. They got into the elevator.; she pushed the button;14th floor. He was becoming heavier by each minute. Finally the doors opened, they went out of the elevator, they reached his door. He felt on the floor completely drunk. She was glad he was a the silent type, not like Heechul Oppa who would scream and sing out loud. The door had a door code, she bitted her lips, she did not know the code. She looked at him he was sleeping on the floor, he was not in the state to have a decent conversation.

 She had only three chances, the door would block if she failed after the third time. She tried his birth date, Access denied, she tried their children combination birthdate; Access Denied. She had only one chance left. She thought trying to look for any code possible, football player, Starcraft birthdate etc…But it could not be that. 

   She thought about a code, she was not sure, why would he keep this code… her finger went on the numbers…6..2..8..2..0..3. The door opened; she let out a breath of happiness. It was their birthdate, she never thought he would keep the same code. 

She made him stood up, they entered the apartment; she managed to led him to his bedroom. He landed on the bed, she put the jacket she was holding on the chair next to his bed. She looked at him, he was smelling alcohol and cigarettes.  She took of his shoes and covered him with the blanket.  She closed the door of his bedroom. She went back to the main door, taking off her own shoes and putting his on the floor; She scanned the apartment; actually it was her first time; she never visited his place before. She would usually stop in front of the building and he would get down to pick up the children. The apartment belonged to the Company, usually employee would live here, he moved in when they separated. 

   She gave herself the authorization to visit the apartment, there were a bathroom, 2 bedroom, a kitchen opened on the living room and a balcony. Pictures of their children along with the oppa and the unnies were on the wall. She searched for a picture of herself but none. Nothing about her. Why would picture of her be on the wall? 

  She went into his office, she took a look at the papers, it was contract about Hyun Corporation. She used to take care of it, she wondered why she stopped coming to the office. She separated from Kyuhyun but not from the company itself. She put the papers back to its place and closed  the door. 

She looked at her phone, already 3 am in the morning. Was she going to stay or leave now that he was comfortably sleeping in his bedroom?  She could not leave like this, and she had no car to go home. She sighed, the sound from her stomach reminded her that she did not eat since the dinner with Yonghwa, she opened the fridge, there were tone of Kimchi, probably Kyuhyun's mother, she smiled. She opened a cup of ramen and sat on the couch. But as she sat, she sat on the remote controller. she trow it away; but the environment caught her eyes. she looked around her; The place was messy, can of soda and empty cup of ramen where surrounding the table along with the kitchen., dust on TV and empty box of pizza everywhere. So that's how he was living? 

 

-Flashback-

  He was running in the stairs, his phone in the hand the other trying to loosen his tie. The elevator was not working. The meeting took more time than it was supposed to take and the traffic did not help either. He had to leave his car 3 blocks away from the building. Finally he reached the 7th Floor he opened the door, the alley was dark some lights were turning ON and OFF by themselves. It was a weird place.  He made his way looking for the Door DF4. He stood in front of it. "Dr Zhyang Lin. Familial Councilor." Or THE ULTIMATE CHANCE. He opened the door. A woman was on the phone., she was older than him. He looked into the waiting room, no one. Was she gone? The secretary hang up, "Yes?" she looked at him. "I have an appointment" she stood up to threw her chewing gum in the trash "You're Mr Cho right?" She came back to her seat "The door on the left, they've been waiting for you"  she told him. 

 

  He quickly wiped the sweat which was running on his forehead and knock on the door. The door opened , a woman came to him, "You're probably Mr Cho? Nice to meet you, we've been waiting for you." She shook his hand. "Please take place on the couch next to your wife." 

He sat next to her, he did not know what to do. How to greet her, he was not going to shake her hand. She was his wife! She did not even look at him. He could not kiss her. If he could they would not be there today.  

 The Dr sat on a chair across them, "So, now that both of you are here, we can start." 

----

 "What do you think is the reason for you Mr and Mrs Cho to be here?" she asked them. 

He looked at her, waiting for her to answer, but she did not. We' re going through  a hard time" he answered. The Dr nodded, "Good, you're conscious about it. And who got the idea?" she asked hoping for Seohyun to answer. "I got the idea, hmm you have been recommended by my wife's cousin Nicole."  Kyuhyun answered instead. 

The Dr nodded, to Kyuhyun, she then shifted her gaze to Seohyun who was quiet until there. "Mrs Cho?" Seohyun lifted her head. "Do you think that you're going through a difficult time?" Kyuhyun looked at her, waiting to hear her answer. "Yes" she simply said. "Then what do you plane to do?" the Dr asked her. Seohyun crossed her legs, "I don't know you're the Dr here. You're the one who should tell us what to do." she coldly answered. "I'm here to help you take a decision, not to take it for you." the woman answered. Kyuhyun knew that Seohyun was about to explode, he felt the tension, he quickly tried to change the subject, hoping to calm down the atmosphere. "We've been married for 6 years, hmm we started to date each other  at quite a young age, she was 14 and I was 16. I proposed to her when I was 21, back then my, now parents -in -law gave their authorization."   

  The Dr showed her surprise "Wow, I would never had imagined that you were married for 6 years already at such a young age. Anything else I should know?" she asked. "We have two child" Seohyun suddenly said.  "A boy and a girl; Jeehyun who is 2 and Leehyun who is 6 months."   The Dr smiled and wrote something on her notebook. Kyuhyun let out a breath, things were going smoothly, Seohyun was finally speaking and answering the questions asked by the Dr. 

But he did not expected the following question from the Dr, like a thunder during a sunny day; "Mrs Cho? Are you jealous or do you hate your husband for working while you're taking care alone of the child?"  Kyuhyun frowned "Sorry, I don't understand the sense of the question" he said. Was he paying her to help them or what?!!  The Dr smiled, "I see that you graduated from the same University, from the same department, that you attended the same school since you were 6. You also created Hyun Corporation together along with your family. So I was wondering if Seohyun was not hating you for working while she was stuck at home with the kids when both of you have  obviously the same diplomas."  Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun curious to hear her answer.  Indeed Seohyun was very intelligent but she stepped out of the company to take care of their children.She was playing with a pen, he noticed that she stopped when she heard the question. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun "No, I did not, never."  she was being honest, Kyuhyun smiled and took her hand in his,  he was sure, they would get through this storm . But unfortunately Seohyun wasn't over with her response " I started to hate him when he cheated on me with one of our secretary from yhe company"  he was puzzled by her sudden answer., she let go of his hand playing again with the pen. 

-End Flashback-

 

 The sun ray of lights woke him up, he covered his eyes with a pillow trying to get back to sleep but he couldn't. His head was hurting him, he looked at the clock, (5:15 AM). He sighed, he did not know how he managed to get until his apartment even more until his bed. He was still wearing his pants and his white shirt. He stood up and took it off, the shirt was smelling alcohol, he throw it in the basket. He frowned, the only thing he remembered from last night was him and Minho trying to drink as much as possible. He opened the door hoping for a hot coffee, but as he step closer to his kitchen he heard noises. He wasn't expecting to see what was going on in front of him.  

Seohyun was having coffee in his kitchen., he blinked thinking that it was only his imagination. She realized that he was looking at her . "You're finally awake?" she told him. he was shirtless,she quickly shifted her gaze away "Come have a breakfast."she added. He hesitantly walked toward the table, she stood up, looking for a glass in his drawer. He was completely lost. She comeback to sit in front of him, she poured him a cup of coffee, "Two sugars, right?" she asked him, he only nodded. He was looking at her, trying to find why she was here? "Did… did something happened with the kids?" he asked her worried. 

She let out a smile, "You don't remember right?". He looked at her frowning,  Did they make love again? He did not remember, how was it possible? She blushed, she knew what he was thinking about. "Changmin Oppa called me, you passed out yesterday. Apparently I'm still registered as the number to call when you can't drive." 

  He was deceived, he wished something happened between them, but no, the last time was really the last time. "I'm sorry,I'm going to change the number, I'll ask someone else to be my guardian." She laughed, "Don't worry. " she agreed to his idea "Yeah you should change your guardian now that we_" she stopped. "Yeah" he only said putting his head into his hands while yawning. She took a sip of her coffee, She find herself looking at his chest, he did not put on a shirt,  she looked at him, her eyes were looking for something special: an anchor he got tattooed on his right pectoral. It was still there, he did not get it removed.  She had the same next to her , it meant that they were tied to each other, they were anchored to each other. They got it done on a rainy night, after their first serious fight. They then added the name of their children around it, she got LJ while he got JL. 

   She was taken out of her thoughts when he passed his hand in his hair, she noticed that he was not wearing his ring. "You're not wearing your ring?" she asked him, she pinched herself, sometimes she wished she would think before speaking! The words came out of , ..  He lifted up his head and took a look at his hand, indeed he was not wearing his wedding ring.  "Yeah, I took it off, now that I'm single…"

She did not know why, but somehow it hurt her. What was she thinking about, Of course the day would come where he would take it off...she took hers off a long time ago already. 

 "I can tell you that you'll never be considered as a single man when you' re already the father of two children" He smirked, 1-0.  she was drinking her coffee,  the cup covering her face, he could only see her eyes, and he saw something in them that he did not see in a long time,  it was jealousy. "Are you jealous?" he asked her blankly. She put down her glass while  faking a laugh. "No I'm not!" she stood up to clean up the table. Yes it was jealousy ... and he missed it. 

   

 

   He watched her moving in his kitchen, he never thought that he would see her there, he took a look around his apartment, it was clean, no can of soda, or empty box, you could see your face on the floor. He shifted back his gaze to her; she was washing the dishes. He always loved watching her back, when she was focusing on something. She was lovely.  

But he remembered that she was not going to be his anymore. "Seohyun ah?" he called her name. She turned, drying her hands in a tea towel. "Yeah?" he had to tell her " I think that you should go now, I don't think that Yonghwa would be happy to know that you're…here."  She put the towel back to its place, "You're right, it's already 6 am now, I should go."  He watched her putting on  her coat, her shoes and picking up her bag; she was now in front of the door, ready to open it. "He stood up, "Thank you for everything".        

  Once she closed the door, he went to his bedroom, he was looking for something, he find his jacket on the chair, he looked in the pocket inside, he find  his wedding ring, he sighed,  he wished she understood what he meant by Everything. 

 

   She pushed the button of the elevator, the doors closed.  She watched the screen telling her that the elevator was going down, 14th floor… 13Th floor…12th floor…soon she was not able to read the number on the screen, her view started to get blurred, tears started to roll on her cheeks, in one instant she find herself crying, her bag fell on the floor, while she put her hand on trying to cover a moan. Of course she understood what he meant by everything, he did not thank her for the breakfast or for cleaning his apartment. He thanked her for their family, their life,  for the moment spent together, for all the things they had. He was letting her go, he was not going to chase after her anymore.He was giving up...

Her phone rang, she looked for her bag on the floor, it was Yonghwa, he was calling her for the seventh time. She could not answer it, actually  she did not want to, she threw her phone on the floor. it turned into million of pieces..;they said it was unbreakable. Tsk

The doors opened, she quickly went out running out of the building. She held a taxi, the driver saw that she was crying "Is everything ok madam?" she did not answer, so the  driver turned back to face the road. It was Saturday morning and she was his first passenger, he sighed the day was going to be long. 

 

 

  The anchors are the same from the picture but situated on Kyuhyun's right pectoral and next to Seohyun's . 

Please give me your impresions, I got a lot of comments for the previous Chap "Need You Now" so I uploaded two days after only instaed of 7 ^^ I was realy touched, by how you guys  show interest into my story.;D  

The story is soon getting to its end. 

By the way, Hyoyeon is dating!! She deserve it so much! The guy is amazing, he's tall, y and have already done twice the tour of the world; He's a businessman.  Of course, I wish she was dating Eunhyuk but I kind of lost hope since the IU Scandal. Sometimes it's right infront of you and you don't even see it. Thaht's eactly what's happening to Hyohyuk... I wonder if Eunhyuk knows about Hyoyeon being in love.