Star still Shines.

Time has come

 

-Thanks to @Gamerniks who find the story and gave me the link, it's called "Angel" and was written by @Lovefulness. Find out that tha boy is called Lee Hyun, o.0 Got completly shocked, I did not even remember about it. ^^But in my story it's the daughter who's named Lee Hyun, I think it's more feminine. ;D Anyway I'm very glad I find the story, thanks to @Gamerniks but I still wanna thanks the others readers who looked everywhere for it, I got really touched because I hesiated a lot before asking for your help; I was afraid no one would answer, but you all did it and I'm really Touched <3; 

Here's the link : Http://asianfanfics.com/story/view/132770/4/-memoirs-of-the-heart-seokyu

 

 

                                                               XXIII Star still Shines in the Dark. 

 

     "It's Us grandmother!" the children said to the intercom which allowed the doors to open and the black Audi to make its way into the property. 

He opened the door, allowing his children to run while he made his way to the place he was sure to find his mother at this hour of the day. 

"Hey mum!" he greeted his mother while entering the kitchen, "Kyuhyun ah! How's Leehyun ah?!" his mother came rushing towards him, wiping her hand in the dish towel at the same time. "She's fine mum",he said hugging his mother, "Leehyun ah come here! Grandma wants to see you!" he called his daughter who went straight into the living room when they entered the house earlier. "You got me worried my son. I thought something bad happened with her heart again." Mrs Cho senior said holding the towel against her chest. "Grandma!"  Leehyun came running towards her grandmother expecting from her to held her in her arms, but Kyuhyun intercepted the little girl in her race, "Hold on, young Lady." he said holding her  by her collar which caused the girl to stop midway. "You know your grandma can't hold you in her arms. Her back is giving her a had time remember?" he asked his daughter. "Yes, princess. I'm sorry." Mrs Cho said patting her grand daughter hair. "Let me hold you instead." Kyuhyun proposed while holding her in his arms. "There, isn't better?" asked Mrs Cho, "You got a better view right?" she added laughing. "Dad, where are Suho and Xiumin?' asked Jee Hyun entering the kitchen and taking place on one of the chair. "You said they would be at Grandma's place" the boy told his father kind of annoyed. "Why don't you start by greeting your grandmother instead?" scolded him Kyuhyun; "Don't mind him." whispered Mrs Cho in Jee Hyun"s ear while kissing him on the forehead. They went with Changmin to the grocery store. They're probably on their way back now." she said going back to washing the dishes. "Yeah why don't you go in the living room? They'll soon be here." Kyuhyun said while putting down his daughter. 

   He waited for them to take place on the couch before returning in the kitchen. his mother was cutting the carrots so he took place on the same chair his son was sited on 2 minutes ago. 

"Is it serious?" Mrs Cho suddenly asked to her son, Kyuhyun looked at his mother, "What? Leehyun ah?" he asked, "Yeah. What did the doctor say?" she asked looking at her son. She noticed from the moment he entered the house, that something was wrong. That feeling only a mother could feel towards her son. "I told you mom, it's nothing. Just a medicine that her body did not recognize. She'll be ok tomorrow." he said in a whisper.  

  Mrs Cho remained silent, and started thinking by herself, It was not Leehyun ah then it was something else, something only could get him in this situation, and it was Leehyun's mother.: Seohyun. She was sure about it, but she couldn't ask him directly, it would mean taking the risk to have his body right there with them but his mind somewhere else. "Why did Seohyun say about it? She was probably worried. All the mother are the same when it comes to their children" she added chuckling. She kept on cutting the vegetables, waiting for him to answer; but she did not hear anything, so she quickly turned back to take a look at him. And guess he would have guns instead of eyes she would be laying in her own blood, Kyuhyun was looking straight a her, his eyes red from trying to control his anger or maybe his tears. Guess she was right, Leehyun's mother was the  reason of his behavior. Mrs Cho cut down the water  which was until now running and turned back to  face her son. "Kyuhyun ah, what happened?" she asked her son, stepping towards him, "Did you guys fought again? Is it about the children? Or the company maybe? Did she took a wrong decision?  Listen, I know you're the CEO honey, but Seohyun ah is very intelligent and I'm sure she would never-" she was about to praise her granddaughters  mother when Kyuhyun interrupted her. Interrupting the umpteenth time his mother would praise the mother of his children.  "She was pregnant." Mrs Cho remained shocked, "What? How come "Was" She's not anymore? Did she have an abortion without telling you about? Oh my god Kyuhyun ah why did she do that?!" Mrs Cho started to scream but not to loud so the children would not hear her. One hundreds questions started to run into Mrs Cho' head, how come Seohyun ah could have done that?! They were religious, they would attend church every sunday! It was impossible and without telling about it to Kyuhyun! "She was pregnant, and I'm not the father." Kyuhyun suddenly said,seeing that his mother was trembling by herself. The sudden answer from her son, got her to remain frozen; "What?" she asked in a whisper that not even her could hear, "She was pregnant with Yonghwa's child." he added before his mother would ask. "Dad! I can see Changmin's uncle car in the alley!" "Jee Hyun screamed to his father. Kyuhyun looked at his mother who had still wide opened, "The door mum." he told her, she suddenly walked like a robot towards the door, still in  her thoughts, not middling the soup still on the fire, he looked at his mother completely shocked by the news, Guess she did not expect this from the perfect Seohyun, she always adored like a real daughter; sometimes more than him, her own son. 

He heard, the noise in the main entrance, "Kyuhyun ahI know you're here! I saw your car! Come help me with the grocery shopping!" Changmin screamed from the entrance. Mrs Cho turned to give a last look to her son, "Mum, Don't tell them, at least not tonight." Kyuhyun asked her, standing up and following her towards the door to help his cousin. 

 

"So Eunhyuk was about to jump when Kyuhyun pushed him causing your uncle Eunhyuk to fall on his face!" Changmin told to his nieces, "Is it true Appa?! Jeehyun asked to his father,  "Yeah, it's kind of what happened" Kyuhyun said giving a small smile to his son, "So that's why you call Eunhyuk uncle anchovy?" asked this time Suho while eating, "Yeah that's how he got that name, but only adults can call him like this ok?" Changmin informed the children, "Why? It's so unfair!" protested Jeehyun, "Krystal Noona calls him Anchovy and she's not even an adult!" Changmin laughed, "Yeah, Krystal can call him anchovy because Eunhyuk calls her-" 

"Changmin ah" Mrs Cho interrupted him,  "We should clean now don't you think?" she told him glaring at him, Changmin suddenly realized that he was going to use a swear word, in front of the children "Yeah auntie it's right, we should clean up the table now" he quickly said standing up, "What?  We want to know how does uncle Eunhyuk call Krystal noona!!" the children got even more  interested, feeling the sudden awkwardness of their uncle.  "Well help clean up and maybe I will tell you" Changmin used as excuse for the children to do the chores. 

 

     Seeing that the children were going to help Kyuhyun stood up and went upstairs in his now former bedroom. He opened the door, and went in, same bed, same posters on the wall, everything remained to its place. Tired he went to lay on his bad, he smiled, same Dragon Ball Z sheet, his bed remained the same, still comfortable and same spot on the left side to avoid, if you did not want to wake up with a backache. He looked at the ceiling, phosphorescent stars he put on when he was thirteen and wanted to become an astronaut. He tried to remember the first time he left his room for more than two weeks. 

 The first time he left this bedroom  for more than a month was when he did his military service right after he gratuated from High School, joining his hyungs. The second times was when he attended two semesters of College abroad,  the third times was when he married Seohyun, he left his room for a apartment downtown in Seoul when they lived together until they welcomed Jee Hyun. 

 He could have comeback of course to his parents house when him and Seohyun decided to live separately, but he did not want to, he did not want his mother to worry  and his father to remind him every morning and everyday night that it was his own fault, that he was the only one to blame for losing Seohyun.  He was kind of relieved that his father and noona were both in Japan at this moment or he would hear his father scolding him for letting Seohyun be pregnant with another man and losing the baby. 

  And of course he was ashamed, ashamed to go back to his parents house at 29 years old, and that the reason for that was that he cheated on his wife with another woman. We were probably living in the 21st Century, but still they were things you could not obviously tell to your parents. Suddenly something started to ring, like a alarm. He got a heart attack from the sudden noise, but quickly calmed himself when he remembered tom where the sound was coming from. Kyuhyun quickly his right side, to face the night table, the same  clock that since he was eight would ring at 8.PM, no matter how much he disliked it he never once thought about throwing it to the trash. It was a clock him and his father made together. He turned Off the clock, before opening  the drawer and putting the clock in, but it seemed like the drawer did not want to close, something was preventing the drawer to do so, so he sat on his bed trying to see what was blocking the drawer,  he passed his hand in, taking an object from it, a rectangular object like a photo. He was about to taking it out from the drawer when he stopped, he suddenly knew what photo it was, he was sure about it, he put it back to its place not  even looking at it.  He went back laying on his bed facing the ceiling, he heard his daughter laughing in the garden probably playing with her brother and cousins. The laugh of his daughter helped him closing his eyes, things he did not seem to have done since the hospital. 

 

---

He started to read again and again, but he did not manage to have the understand  He sighed throwing his book on the other side of his bedroom. But he did not hear it touching the floor, instead "Ouch!" someone exclaimed; "Just tell me and I'll leave, don't need to be violent." someone said stepping in his bedroom. He did not need to turn, he already recognized the voice, "Sorry baby, It's just that these homework's are driving me crazy!" he said trying to pull out his hair, She came behind him, putting her chin on his shoulder, her hand caressing his chest, "Shht, Just show me.  I might be able to help you." she said trying to calm him. ""Romeo and Juliet"? What is it about?" she asked him, taking the book with her free hand which caused Kyuhyun to be completely encircled in her embrace. "Are you kidding?" he asked her,looking straight in her, eyes "You don't know "Romeo and Juliet"!?" he asked completely surprised about Seohyun not knowing about this masterpiece! he looked at he, smiling, "I mean, I know we're 3 years apart but even in primary school they tell you about "Romeo and Juliet" and all these europeans romance bull! he exclaimed still disturbed by his intelligent girlfriend no knowing about it. She looked at him, before bursting into laughters, "Of course I know about "Romeo and Juliet!" Pabo!" she laughed, "When I asked you "What is it about?" I meant what is the subject of your essay!" she tapped his head, before sitting on his bed leaving him alone at his desk. "Oh the subject…" he find himself whispering, "So?" she asked him putting her legs on the wall, her back on the bed,  while he quickly turned the pages of his notebook, looking for the subject the  teacher gave him,  "So,it's -What effect does the accelerated time scheme have on the play’s development?" OR   a stupid question!" he said shutting the notebook,

   "Which teacher is it?" she asked him playing with her legs on his wall, 'Its, Mr Kang" he said as if the man was in front of him; "Mr Kang? Isn'it the same teacher Leeteuk Oppa had 3 years ago?" she asked him, "Why don't you ask Leeteuk Oppa to give you his own essay? I'm sure Mr Kang won't see anything, he's too old now" she added laughing. But seemed like she was the only one enjoying her joke, "I already asked Hyung to give me his essay, but he asked 80 dollars instead, this rascal. Not even Won but dollars!!" Seohyun sat up on the bed, "80 dollars you're saying? I'm sure it doesn't even worth 5 dollars." she said laying back and chuckling. "Baby, Leeteuk hyung did not help me and you're not either" he said throwing another sheet in the trash. Seohyun her belly to see her boyfriend who seemed to have difficulties completing his literature essay, guess he was more into mathematics. She was not yet a senior and she would probably not get half of the subject since she did not studied the subject, being Three years younger than him but she could at least tell him what was passing through her mind, it would at least complete a part of the empty sheet, "Well, Why don't you start by saying that; "Because of the intensity of the relationship between Romeo and Juliet and the complex development of events during the few days of the play’s action, the story can certainly seem to take place over a time span much longer than the one it actually occupies." Guess the teacher want you to say something like that." she hesitantly added. He looked at her, a smile appearing on his face, "What? Is it funny? I' m sorry, we did not studied the english literature yet" she tried to excuse herself, he stood up laying down next to her, on the bed, passing his hand under his head, he looked at the ceiling, she followed his stare, putting both her hands on her belly, "Do you see theses stars?" he asked her referring to the fake stars he had glued on his ceiling, "They say everyone has a star that lead you in life." She looked at him, then at the ceiling, "Which one is it for you?" she asked him curiously, "The one on the  right side" he answered, she looked at the ceiling, looking for the star he was talking about, "On your right or my right?" she asked him since they had both their body facing the opposite  direction; Seohyun having her legs on the wall, while his body was normally laying on the bed. "On my right." she heard him saying, in her ear, she saw him putting his elbow on the bed, his head in his hand, "You're my star Joo hyun. You're the one who's leading me." he said before kissing her on the lips. 

---

   He woke up, in his bed, he looked by the window, it was night outside, he did not even remember falling asleep. He raised up his body, rubbing his neck, he looked for his phone on the night table, 9.25 PM, he slept for 1 hour and twenty-five minutes, he sighed, he would have swore he had slept for Two days. He was about to put back his phone on the night table when he stopped midway. He remained frozen for at least 120 seconds, not moving and maybe not even breathing. He then finally decided to move, he slowly raised up his head, looking at the ceiling, the stars he had glued younger where still here, not one missing. He then looked at the table night, as if he was challenging it, he slightly laid on the bed reaching for the drawer, it was half open, since it did not want to close properly earlier, he took out the clock which was preventing the drawer from closing. He put it back to its place on the night stand table, it would ring again tomorrow at 8.PM. He then got the courage to put his hand in, he felt his finger touching the object, he took it out, putting the face of it against the bed so he could only stare at its back. He starred one last time at the ceiling as if the plastic stars would give him advice. He let out a breath before returning the  object so he could kind of face it. He finally turned it, It was a photo, he put his hand on half of it, he looked at it, it was him when he was 23 years old, smiling, he could see the sparkle in his eyes, as if he was looking at something shiny, something fancy, as if he was starring at a star. He took out his hand which was hiding the other part of the photo. He was starring at Seohyun, he was back hugging her,  she was 20 years old back then and they were both attending Seoul University; the photo used to stand on his night table in their bedroom, but he took it with him, when they decided to live apart from each other, so he put it on his night table at the apartment, but he could not face it anymore, seeing her each morning while he could not even touch her, so he bought the photo to his parents house, putting it in his drawer and  hoping to forget that she was not his star anymore. But guess even when it's dark you can still see the stars shining. 

 

 

The real reason for Kyuhyun not to come back to his parents house was that everything reminded him of Seohyun, since she would always be there. That was the reason. 

Because the star was shining even more when he was in his bedroom alone. 

 

   Someone knocked on his door," Come in",  it was probably his mother since Changmin would come in without  knocking or being invited to. He quickly put back the photo in the drawer, but it did not want to close, so he quickly put it behind his back. 

'You're awake? I came earlier but you were sleeping." his mother said entering her son's bedroom. 'Yeah, I felt asleep" he awkwardly told his mother. "Can I sit?" she asked him, he looked at her dumfounded, of course she could sit! "Why are you even asking?" he asked her, slightly annoyed. "Maybe you wanted to go back to sleep" she said still on her feet, he removed the sheet, 'I'm not going to. There sit down." he politely told her. "Where are the children?" he asked his mother, "Your children are sleeping in Ara's bedroom while Changmin drove back Suho and Xiumin to their house." she said sitting. " I'm sorry, I should not have let you alone dealing with the kids when your back is giving you a hard time theses days." he apologized to his mother. "Don't worry about it. Changmin was here. Talking about him, does he have a girlfriend, because I have a friend who has a daughter, she's a lawyer from a wealthy family and I'm sure she would correspond to your cousin's criteria. She's tall, skinny well not that much but still she.-"

"Mum..Mum.."Kyuhyun tried to cut her off,  "Mum, Changmin isn't interested…" he tried to explain his mother  "How come he's not interested? Omo! Does he like men instead?" She started to talk by herself,  No, what I'm saying is that Changmin isn't into these medieval form of dating. He'll find a girl by himself. And trust me he's not begging for them to meet him."he laughed, "What do you mean? Is he a playboy? I told my sister not to let him go study in England! I'm sure he became like that after this trip!" she started to mumble. They then remained silent, 

"Kyuhyun, I know it might sound weird and awkward to you but." Mrs Cho started to say, "But are you sure you're not the father of the child? Because I thought about it and never Seohyun would do that!" she asked now in tears, "Mum, I'm telling you I'm not the father. he told his mother angry to suddenly remember what happened this afternoon. "There's no need to talk about it!" he said standing up looking by the window at the calm and clean residential street that the only rain drops were getting dirty.  Mrs Cho saw her son standing up trying to control his anger, she then  put her hand on the sheet like an automatism as if she was ironing the bed. She was placing the pillow back to its place when something caught her attention, it was a photo, which seemed to be hidden under the pillow, she took it,  it was her son and Seohyun looking more in love than ever. She remembered when Seohyun was born, her and Seohyun's mother jokingly said that one day their children will get married together,  being back then both the maknaes of the Family. She never thought it would happen, but guess it was written since Seohyun and Kyuhyun were both identical and so much different at the same point; They were meant to be. If only she has asked for them to remain together forever. "Are you sure you did not have with Seohyun?" she suddenly find herself saying, kind of shocked by her own words. Kyuhyun turned to face his mother, shocked himself. "NO I did not have with Seohyun since!-" he stopped midway when he saw his mother holding the photo in her hands, as if she was hugging it. It then him, like a sudden flashback, his hand caressing her body, her against his chest, his lips on hers. They did it, they did have 5 months ago.! How could he forget that!?"

"You made love right?" Mrs Cho suddenly asked him, "Yeah…we made love, and I'm maybe the father." he answered realizing his mistakes. 

 

 

 White blouse and blood were all she saw since this afternoon. Siren and screams were all she heard since this afternoon. She remained sit on a bench, the same bench her son was sited on earlier. A white papers in the hand, probably a prescription, her purse on the laps and vomit on her shirt. "Mrs the consultations are now over, you should go now please." a woman wearing pink told her the hands on her knees, she suddenly raise up her head, "What?" she seemed to be far away, "Mrs, the consultations are over now, the emergency are still open but-" she paused "Mrs are you okay?" the nurse asked seeing that the woman did not seem to hear her, "My daughter, she's …" Seohyun tried to explain, "Is she in the operating room?" the nurse tried to ask, "No, she went with her father." Seohyun answered kind of puzzled, "Mrs I think that you should go, the service is about to close, and it's now over with the visits." the nurse told her slightly impatient. "What time is it?" Seohyun asked her standing up, "It's past 8 o'clock mrs." the nurse told her while helping her to stand up. She walked towards the exit, she went outside, no one the place was desert,  it was already night and it was raining like crazy, she could hear the thunder approaching from the other side of the city. She had no umbrella and nothing to keep her for catching a cold only this  now dirty  Cacharel shirt. She was now completely soaked with rain, she looked for her car, but she did not remember when she parked it, she was in a rush, her son by the hand and  her daughter in the arms. She did not remember. Maybe she was becoming crazy.  

She looked for her keys in her bag, maybe she would turn ON the lights of her car from afar and she would get the position of it. She was looking into her bag, but with difficulties since the rain was growing stronger and the fews streets lamps were not lighting up the place as they should. She suddenly got pushed on the floor when a group of medical service came rushing through the doors, "Sorry miss! someone seemed to have say. But she did not answer back, she remained on the floor picking up her stuff, wallet,keys, mirror, make up, pencil,phone, documents, everything was soaked with rain. She then looked at the purple box that came out of her bag and which was a little bit far away from where the others stuff were. It was the "Luna Twelve" box completely soaked with rain, she did not reach for it, instead she remained at her place. She was on her knees, her bag half opened, as if she was collecting rain drops, she wiped a rain drop from her lips, and another one, this one was different, it was salty, she was crying. Crying in silence, the rain drops seems to be the music of her real tears. How did he dare to let her down.? To leave without hearing her explanation? Did her heart made a mistake by choosing him?  Did she married the wrong person? Never once she thought he would turn his back on her, leaving her, abandoning her like he did.  She started to cry even more, Maybe he should have died instead of her baby! She hated him, she suddenly find the strength to stand up and to shoot in the box,"I HATE YOU!" she screamed sending the purple box on the other side of the parking, and as is she had used all the energy left, she felt back on her knees, her hands on the ground, "You killed my baby…" she started to whisper, the rain soaking her back. 

She then felt a warm clothe being posed on her back, like an armor protecting her from being wet, she felt someone putting his arms around her, helping her to stand up, she recognized the smell, she closed her eyes, not wanting to face him. He held her by the hand not letting her go or she would collapse on the floor, while he kneeled picking up her bag on the ground. He stood up, putting his arms around her,  and zipping the coat. She balanced her body backward and forward, her eyes still closed, she felt his hands on her cheeks, wiping the tears that did not stop falling from her eyes which were still closed. She suddenly felt her legs leaving the ground, as if she was flying in the air, he passed his other hand in her back holding her. She remained her eyes closed, and put her head against this chest she knew so much, she heard the rains still falling, in echo with his heartbeats that used to be her lullaby and guess it was still working since she felt asleep.  

 

Ali. 

PS; I hope you guys aren't disappointed. I wrote a long chapter to excuse the long wait, (Worts than a SNSD comeback ^^)  Please enjoy and leave comments.