Chapter 1

A Soldiers Wish

Myungsoo was pulled aside by his hyung, before he took off in the train. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo. You've expressed your feelings towards my sister, and so while I'm gone I leave her in your hands! Make sure she doesn't get into any trouble, make sure she doesn't get involved with boys...if it's you then I'll be okay. I trust you Myungsoo-ah." Sunggyu said as he boarded the train, and headed off to the military.

You walked home from school. It had been a good day for you. You passed a test you thought you did really bad on, and you had a supply teacher for the subject that you hated the most. Also, today marked the day that your brother had been in the army for 1 year and 7 months. This meant he would be returning in 5 months. All in all, it was a really good day for you and you came home happy.

You opened the front door and entered your house. Suddenly the happy atmosphere that you once felt, was washed away from you. You saw your father on the phone, and your mother crying into his shoulder. You didn't know what was going on, but you knew it couldn't be good.

"Umma, appa whats wrong? Is Gyu oppa hurt? Did something happen to him?" You knew it had to do with your brother, just you didn't know what. Tears brimmed at your eyes, for a reason in which you didn't even know.

Your father hung up the phone and held your mother close to him. "There was an explosive set off near your brothers camp. 3 men died." Your mother sobbed into your fathers shirt, and your father sat there expressionless.

You didn't know what to feel. You just felt numb. Tears escaped your eyes, and sobs broke out. You knew you must have sounded like a dying whale, but at this moment, nothing mattered to you. You didn't need your parents to tell you what happened, you could already tell.

You opened the door and ran out of the house. You didn't really know where to go, but it felt as if your body guided you to the only place it could think of; the Infinite dorm. It was only a few blocks from your house. You ran there, but didn't stop crying. You didn't care about what people thought about the way you looked right now.

You banged on the door, sobbing and panting from all the running that you did. The door opened and you didn't even know who opened it, but you ran into their arms and continued crying.

"Sohee-ah? Whats wrong?" The voice was Hoyas. He embraced you awkwardly and called the others over.

You could hear the other members gathering around you but you couldn't explain it to them. You just couldn't find the words to say something that you didn't truly believe yourself. You were in denial.

Myungsoo pushed his way through the other members to get to you. He pushed Hoya away and pulled you to the couch. You lay your head in his chest and cried. No one knew what to say, or what was even happening, but no one said anything.

Someones phone rang, and you could hear Woohyuns voice as he answered the phone. He was silent for a moment before he said a few more things and then hung up the phone. "Manager hyung is coming here shortly. He has something to tell us." Upon hearing this, you began to cry even harder, sobs escaping from your lips.

Myungsoo didn't know what to do. He wasn't really good at comforting people, but he had to be there for you. It broke his heart seeing you like this, he wanted to comfort you. He wanted to kiss you, but he couldn't because he didn't know if you felt the same way about him as he felt about you.

A while later the door open and the manager walked in. Your body ached from crying, but you couldn't stop. "Ah...Sohee-shi is here." The manager said.

"Neh hyungnim..." Dongwoo said looking at you with sad eyes.

Myungsoo pulled you closer, rubbing your back soothingly. "Well, I take it that you guys don't know." The boys all shook their heads. "Sunggyu...was killed today." He said, in a shaky voice. Hearing this, your sobs turned into screams. 

 


Authors Note : This chapter was emotional for me to write. Even though I had thought about this in my mind, putting it into words broke me. Thank god I wrote this alone, because my family would have thought I was crazy for crying into my computer. I know this story starts off extremely sad, but please, don't take this to heart, it will get happier.