Chapter 4

A Soldiers Wish

 

The day you dreaded the most came pretty fast. The long awaited day of your brothers funeral. Your first time home in weeks, sitting in your room getting ready like a zombie. Buttoning up your blouse, and running final touches in your hair, you had to admit, it was the prettiest you had looked since you found out about his death.

You were home again, your mom insisted you get ready at home. It was hard to be here again after so long, it pained you. Your room held too many memories of him in it, photos of the two of you as children on Halloween together when you were 7. He was batman, you were robin. It was the favourite picture you had of the two of you. Gyu and you were in super hero poses, looking like complete dorks.

You finished getting ready, adding a few touches of makeup to your face, trying to hide your eye bags that have grown so visible these past few weeks. You had to admit, you hadn't felt this good about yourself in a while.

You walked downstairs, greeted by your mother and father who were waiting for you so that you could all head to the church for the funeral. Your mother reached her arm out to you and you linked arms with her. With her free hand she grabbed onto your fathers hand, and together the 3 of you walked to the car.

The ride to the church was horribly silent. You weren't the type to like silence, and after staying in the Infinite dorm for a few weeks, the silence in here was starting to kill you. Staring out the window and into the sky, you thought of Sunggyu. You always thought of him while you looked at the sky nowadays. He was your soldier, and now he was up in the sky watching over you.

Arriving at the church, you opened the car door and stepped out, your heels digging into the dirt of the courtyard where all the guests were gathered before the ceremony and burial. Your eyes darted, looking for the 6 boys of Infinite, finally finding who you were looking for. Your lips curled into a smile as his eyes drifted onto you, a smile forming on his face too.You took in his appearance. Black skinny jeans with a black button up shirt and a black skinny tie. He looked gorgeous, but as usual he always did.

Walking towards each other, he held his arms open and you walked into his arms.  You loved the warmth that radiated from Myungsoos body whenever he hugged you. The musky scent he gave off whenever you were near. You hated to admit, but you had to face it, you were in love with him.

"You look pretty, " He said smiling, placing a kiss on your cheek.

"Thanks Myungsoo," You replied, keeping a hold of his hand and heading into the church.

You headed to the back, off to where your brothers coffin was sitting. Before the ceremony, there was an closed coffin where guests could say their final words to Sunggyu before the burial. Since, your brother died in an explosion, an open coffin would have been traumatizing.

You hesitated, not sure whether or not it was a good idea for you to approach the coffin. You wanted to pay your respects to your brother, but frankly you knew it would prove to be too much for you, and you would get back into a state of depression. You kept a firm grip on Myungsoos hand, and walked to the coffin with him.

He nodded at you, holding your hand tightly, assuring that he'd be here for you. You took a deep breath, and began to speak, a little bit shakily. "Gyu," Your eyes started watering slowly, but you continued. "I miss you, Gyu. Don't worry about me down here okay? I'm fine, you know? Remember when you told me you'd always be there for me? I won't forget that, every time I look at the sky, I see you watching over me. I know whatever I do, you'll be guiding me through it. I love you Gyu." You placed both hands on the coffin and kissed the cover.

You were crying now, it was clear, but thankfully you had chosen your tear proof mascara. Myungsoo held you close, as you tried your best to hold in your tears. It was your final goodbye to your brother, something you never really thought you would do, and it was killing you.


Authors Note:  Well summer has officially started for me since I've graduated and all that jazz and so I'll definitely be updating my fanfics! I hope you guys enjoyed this little update!