One

Because we haven't even start yet

'Why won't you tell me the reason that you're like this?'
'Just stress from work'
'Well tell me more about it...it might help?'
'It's nothing'
'Stop it. I know it's something ok'
'I said it's nothing'
'You keep saying nothing these days'
'Well because it's nothing'
'It's not nothing Jae'
'It's none of your business Yunho'
'It is my business to know why you're always in a bad mood these days'
...
'Don't I have the right to know what's going with you?'
...
'What am I to you Jae?'
...
'What are we?'

---

The pang tugging at his chest never seemed to ease even when Yunho had read then re-read for the hundredth time his most recent conversation with Jae.
There was still no reply from the latter even after a week. And with no Jae to tell about his day, no Jae to listen to his complains, Yunho felt like he would burst into million of pieces from holding everything inside.


He flipped his phone shut and slid it under his pillow. Closing his eyes and pulled the blanket up to his chin, he tried to find sleep, but all that filled his mind was Jae.


He was the oldest in the family. The responsible one in his group of friends. The strong one with the broad shoulders for everyone to lean on.
So his discomfort, his sadness, his worry were forced to keep under the facade smile that assure everyone that everything will be okay.

Then Jae came along...

He met Jae in a forum about his favorite band roughly about a year ago. The first time they talked was over a topic that someone had brought up. Even though he barely remember what it was about, he still remembered how enjoyable it was. But it wasn't until Jae found him on a social network that they started to buddy up.

The second time they talked, Jae had already share stories of his life and opened up maybe too much in Yunho's perspective. But he didn't mind, only found the man's experience to be amusing as how it was told.
Then the third time it became Yunho's turn, and he probably told Jae too much of his feelings, those feelings and thoughts that were buried deeply in his mind. Jae had understood and gave him the comfort that he always longed for.

He wasn't sure when was it that talking to Jae had become a daily routine.
Morning, they would exchange greetings then Jae would ask if he has eaten breakfast yet.
Afternoon, during lunch break, Jae would ask if he has eaten lunch yet.
Evening, they would ask each other about their day then Jae would 'order' him to do his homework without forgetting to remind him to eat dinner.

Maybe it was this mother-like concern that Yunho had found Jae to be lovable and cute.
Maybe that it was because his feeling for Jae was no longer of a friend that he didn't hesitate to say yes when he received 'You might think it's weird ... but will you go out with me?' from Jae one day.

They never met.

Jae could be a fat, ert, middle-aged man and Yunho could never know.

The fact that he was rushing into this worried Yunho a bit. But after getting a 'Good morning Yunnie-ah ^^ Happy 1 day anniversary. Let's be together everyday ne?' he could careless of whoever Jae really was.
Because at that moment he was Yunho's Jae and Yunho loved him to bit.