Chapter 37

Stuck In Between Two Gangs

Kimmie’s POV

I can’t believe the look on L.Joe’s face. He looks mortified, and I couldn’t help but feel guilty about this whole situation. I stood awkwardly staring ahead of me. Hoping to break the awkward silence, Mrs Lee went up to L.Joe, gesturing him to my parents.

 

“Byunghun darling, meet Choi Jaehyo and Choi Khloé your future mother and father in-law”. I had to hold back my laugh when I was L.Joe smile nervously at my dad, probably afraid seeing his ‘tough’ exterior. Hahaha, what kind of gangster is he?! While my mother awed at his beauty, ughh she always does this!

 

“Hello sir and ma’am, my name is Lee Byunghun. It’s nice to meet you”. Wow, he’s actually showing that he has manners, and woah, did I just see him show off his not-so-familiar angelic smile? Usually, it’s just, “Yah! The name’s L.Joe, you better respect me unless you’re wishing for death this Christmas”.

 

While L.Joe nervously held out his hand waiting for my father to shake it, he looked taken aback when my father laughed whole-heartedly, bringing him into a warm embrace. Mrs Lee and I just stood watching the scene in amusement with our arms crossed, while my mother was probably appreciating how fast dad had warmed up to L.Joe. L.Joe glanced at me, and I flashed him a smile hoping he wouldn’t be too mad later on. I was relieved when he returned it, grinning, revealing his perfectly white teeth. He patted my father’s back, also smiling.

 

They pulled away and as my father was about to say something Mr Lee entered through the front door, probably just getting back from work. “Oh! I see that we all know about the upcoming arrangements. Let’s talk over dinner shall we?” He looked tired, but nonetheless he managed to show a genuine smile.

 

L.Joe’s POV

Well… that wasn’t so bad; I just hope that my parents have a good explanation for all of this. If push comes to shove and I have no choice but to marry Kimmie then I’ll do it; my parents have done a lot for me, I think that complaining about them wanting to better my life will only increase the stress that I’ve caused them, I mean killing off my parents isn’t what I’m hoping for in the near-future, if anything, my life should be taken before that idea is fathomable.

 

We were led to the tables where a lot of food was laid out, probably made by my mom and served by the maids. Honestly, we only have maids because my mom feels like helping these women out by giving them a job which earns good money will help them make ends meet…thoughtful isn’t she?

 

I was sat next to Kimmie who looked like she committed some sort of horrible crime. Is it possible to look that guilty? Playfully nudging her, I sent her smile which basically said not to worry so much. She looked like she had been holding her breath as she exhaled while nodding her head as if she was relieved that I didn’t overreact and make a big scene. Psshhh, who me, an over reactor? Loud?! Never.

 

The nudge hadn’t gone unnoticed as our parents gave us creepy looks, obviously pleased that we were warming up to each other and were being ‘playful’. Deciding to play with them a little, I put my arm around Kimmie who jumped a little from the sudden contact. I gave her a look which told her to play along, which she happily complied to.

 

Using her hand closest to mine wrapped around her shoulder, she held mine, entwining ours together. I swear I could hear my mom squeal; I’ve never heard that before hahaha. We served ourselves since we were perfectly capable. Enjoying our parents’ reactions, I decided to serve Kimmie her food while she did the same for me. The fathers nodded in approval while the mothers acted worse than my fangirl’s act. Coming to the conclusion that I should at least get something fun out of this night, I decided to feed Kimmie some of her rice which she widened her eyes to, but it didn’t last as she hesitantly opened my mouth, rolling her eyes at my mischievous behaviour. I raised my brows discreetly, which was a gesture for her to do the same for me. She held up my fork which had mashed potatoes on it, but as it was about go into my mouth, it missed. It ended up on my perfectly sculptured god-like nose. No way…

 

Gulping, Kimmie’s eyes widened, but soon she was laughing along with my parents. Not being willing to take what just happened I stood up and was about to do the same to her, but she was one step ahead of me as she had already started running. I followed behind her and soon she was heading upstairs, it was easy to catch up to her since she was wearing heels so I ran, intending to give her, her comeuppance.

 

I could hear our parents downstairs laughing, happy to see us enjoying each other’s company. “Okay kids, you go play! Get to know each other better, but hey…no funny business, you hear?!” I shook my head at my childish father shouting up to us.

 

As I made my way to the top steps, I heard clicking of heels approaching the right which was where my room was located. Deciding to look there first, I moved with caution, the spoon fool of mashed potatoes in my hand. Yes, a spoon; unlike Kimmie I’m trying not to make people blind by using a fork. Still approaching my room, I peeked through the crack of the door, and there she was. Kimmie was sitting on my bed with a somewhat troubled look on her face.

 

Twisting my lips, I approached Kimmie who was in her own little bubble probably thinking. Her head was facing down, so I held the spoonful of potatoes in front of her, “Why so glum, chum? Want some potatoes?” I smiled dopily at her in hopes that she’ll show some sort of reaction. She sadly smiled up at me and accepted my offer and she began eating the spoonful of potatoes.

 

Tousling her hair, I gave her a thumbs up, “Atta girl”. Sitting beside her, I nudged her in order to get her attention, “What’s wrong?” Heavily sighing, she turned to face me, “What are we going to do L.Joe? We’re 18 and we’re being forced into a marriage that neither of us want. You have your own life and I’m sure that you don’t want to be stuck with me for the most of it”.

 

Rolling my eyes, I turned to her and looked up at her with a serious expression on my face, “Kimmie, stop worrying because stress isn’t a good look on you. If we have to, then it’s simple…we’ll get married and no matter what, I’ll try to be the best husband that I can be, in order to make your life much better than it is now. And don’t be ridiculous, having to spend the rest of my life with you wouldn’t be a struggle…it’d be a pleasure really”.

 

Wow, I didn’t know that I could be so…deep. Mmm L.Joe, I’m impressed, and it seemed like Kimmie was too as she pulled me in for a hug while holding in her sobs, “Oh L.Joe thank you, thank you so much!” Smiling, I hugged her back, wanting to make her feel comfortable.

 

Author’s POV

While the soon-to-be newlyweds were warming up to each other, their parents were outside of the room snooping. Peeking through the crack of the door, Mrs Lee and Mrs Choi held in their feels for the ‘couple’, not wanting to ruin the moment. “I guess we’ve made the right choice. This will surely be a happy family”, Jaehyo whispered while smiling proudly. “I cannot wait for my grandkids!” Mrs Choi squealed. Scowling, her husband gave her a look, “Khloé!”.

 

Author’s Note: Hello! I hope you’re enjoying this story so far. Hopefully you’ll enjoy the ending as much as you did this chapter… yes, sadly this story will be ending soon *sobs*. If all goes to plan, before next year... which is in 1 day and a bit…

Please subscribe, comment and by all means upvote…? Thank you~

Ppyong! >.<