Epilogue

Stuck In Between Two Gangs

 

Breathing in the fresh air, I closed my eyes, wanting to savour the moment. I feel like I haven't slept for an eternity. My life has changed quite a so it over the past 2 years. I was no longer the weak, helpless 18 year old anymore; I was now a 20 year old woman - and a strong one at that.

I've definitely learnt from my mistakes and there's no turning back. I've accepted the things of the past, and I see no reason to not live my life to the fullest. A very wise young man once said, 'You Only Live Once - That's the Motto, YOLO!'. Ahh how I loved Drake - I still do actually. I guess I've really matured... well kinda, since high school.

My past wasn't the best you know - forced into marriage, bullied for no reason, humiliated, betrayed... the list goes on. But, I've got to be grateful for the people in my life, and the things that I have - clothes on my back,  a roof (And a very large one at that) over my head, and last but not least, my loving family.

Sometimes I just sit alone and think - I think about that disastrous day. I think about what had happened, what I had been through, and most importantly, the what if's.

What if I hadn't told Zelo and YooMi about the phone calls? What if L.Joe hadn't found me? What if Kris had lost all control? What if I didn't buck up enough courage to try and save me and my fiancé? But the most important and apparent what if on my mind... What if the trigger hadn't been pulled?

Shaking my head, I try to get rid of those morbid thoughts, not wanting to scare myself into thinking of the horrible past. Smiling to myself, I let the warm summer breeze softly blow onto my face, while the fierce, red sun radiates my skin with its fiery glare. I get up to enter my house, suddenly feeling the sun's heavy gaze get to me.

 

 

Slowly walking down the hall, I let my feet get cooled down by the cold tiles. I used to wear heels, but now he wouldn’t allow me to - said he didn't want me to fall and hurt my beautiful face.

 

 

I would love to binge every Friday night, but now he wouldn’t allow me to - said my body didn't need all of the unnecessary fat; it was perfect the way it was. I then remembered the endless crying - I would cry every night, afraid of what life would bring the next day - he would never fail to wipe my tears, always telling me that he would make my life one that I would never regret living.

 

 

The smallest smile played on my lips as I arrived at my location. Softly knocking, I waited for a response, and when I had heard the voice that I grew to love, I peeped through the small crack of the door. He signalled for me to come in with his back facing me.

 

 

Folding my arms, I stomped my right foot with creased eyebrows, "Yah!". That should get his attention - he really hates when I speak to him like that. My actions were a success as he swiveled around in his chair, almost in a model-like fashion. Damn! Can someone be that good looking?

 

 

Smirking at him, I raised my eye brows, almost challenging him. He got up before smoothing down his suit, that I had gotten him might I add. He looks so HAWT ! Thank you Mr.Ted Baker.

 

 

Slowly approaching me, he kept his eyes glued to mine. He always knew how mesmerised I got from looking into his beautiful chocolate brown eyes. Subtly gulping, I stayed focused, not wanting to make him think that he was winning or anything. As he made his way to me, he pulled me to him softly, burying his face into my neck. I had to withhold my chuckle - it tickled.

 

 

Wrapping his arms around me, I did the same to him. We stayed like this for about 10 seconds, until he broke the comfortable silence. Still not looking up, he whispered into my ear, making my heart quake, "Do you really want to get beaten up?". Laughing, I playfully hit his arm, "Is that any way to speak to your wife - your pregnant one at that?".

 

 

Chucking, L.Joe pulled away, bending down to face my growing belly. "Don't worry L.Joe Jr. Daddy would never even think of hurting you, or you're pretty mommy, who I am proud to call my wife". He then kissed my belly, and at that moment, I couldn't help but be grateful for the life that I was gifted with. L.Joe had kept his promise - he was the best husband a girl could ask for.

 

 

I'm so thankful for both mine and L.Joe’s lives. That day was dreadful, but it brought us closer. Nobody got shot, and I'm happy for that. Our aims were way off, causing the bullet to bounce off of the wall, and soon enough, help had arrived. Turns out Zelo and YooMi had it all covered, oh how I love them - I will forever be in debt to them.

 

 

He who shall not be named is in a much better place now - no, he's not dead. He's in prison, and I have never felt more relieved.

 

 

Grabbing L.Joe, I forcefully hug him, as if he was going to be taken away from me at any given moment. "Hey, be careful. You might hurt L.Joe Jr.". Hugging him even tighter, I savour the moment until - hold on... L.Joe Jr.? There's no way in hell- "Is it so bad to show my wonderful husband a little affection? I do love him after all".

 

 

Bringing his hands down to my waist, he hugged me back, "No... I am pretty wonderful, although I do prefer breathtakingly handsome, but anyway, love you too". Humming, I gave into his conceited ways. After a minute, I pulled away smiling at him, while he did the same to me, "As much as I love you Byunghun, there's no way in heck  that I'm letting you name our son that", was exactly what I said before I quickly kissed him on the cheek before running out of his study.

 

 

Poor boy had his heart set on that name. "HEY! NO RUNNING!", I could hear his voice as he quickly ran to me before he caught me in his arms. "Hey!", he said with a lot of seriousness present in his tone of voice. Turning my head to him, I slowly answered him, "Yeeessss?". His serious face turned into one filled with happiness.

 

 

"I Love You", I broke out into a smile before responding, "I Love You too".

 

We then shared a chaste kiss.

 

 

I was so in love with my life, but most importantly, my love for L.Joe was stronger than ever, and it was the kind of love that would last an eternity