Eight

Bom is Coming

The alarm went on, after a week of holiday, it was supposed to be the day she start school again today. Bom reached out for her alarm clock and switched it off. She wrapped herself with the mattress once more, trying to fight off the pain she felt in her head. Today is her appointment with the specialist doctor, this was her fifth one and she doesn’t know why she needs to go when there’s no sign of her recovering. It’s already been made clear that she only have three months left! What more do they want?

Bom heard a knock on the door and the sound of the door slowly opening. She turned to look at who it was and her dad was standing there, looking straight at her. Usually her dad has already gone out to work at this time.

“Dad… You haven’t gone off to work?” Bom asked, surprised to see her dad still at home.

 “I’m going to keep my baby girl’s company for today’s appointment.” Her dad replied, smiling sweetly at her.

“You’re only making me feel a lot worse by being nice…” Bom sighed, “It reminds me of the time I have left in this world…”

“Hey, hey…” her dad approached her and quickly patted her on the shoulder.

After that, Bom could only let her tears fall over and over again. It took Bom a while to calm herself down and then bath to go to the hospital. Her mom is not going to follow them as she has some house chores to do. On the way to the hospital, in the car, her dad has switched on the radio and a song was playing. Bom closed her eyes while she taps her fingers on her knees and swayed her head left to right. She loves the lyrics of the song.

“It’s a song called ‘Perfect’ by Nell… Do you like it?” her dad asked softly.

Bom could only smile at her dad and nod her head.

Is it normal that this song is bringing back all the memories she has of Siwon? After telling Siwon her situation, it is funny how she totally thought of the time they were together and all she wanted was to go back to how things were.

Perfect –Nell. She will download the song in her phone.

“We’re here~” her dad said as soon as they arrive at the car park area of the hospital.

“Bom, do you want anything from me? Like something that you’ve been eyeing on? It’ll be a gift from me to you…” her dad asked abruptly while they sat on the waiting section.

Bom looked at her dad in the eye. She knows he is feeling a little solemn inside. Bom doesn’t know what to ask from her dad and asking for something is not her style at all. Her dad has given her everything she needs and wants in life. What more can she ask for? However, looking at her father’s expectant face made her think of something for her father to buy.

“Flowers…” Bom finally said.

“Flowers?” her dad frowned.

“hhmmm!” Bom nodded, “a flower a day… until there comes a day where you can’t give me any flowers anymore…”

“Errmmm… If that’s what you want...” Her dad placed his hand on her shoulder and hugged her.

Mr Park never expected that to be Bom’s answer. A flower, a day till there comes the day that he won’t be able to give her anymore… He wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or not. He loves Bom so much. He would do anything for her! Nothing can make him think twice of trading anything he has in life for Bom. He had never really showed much affection to Bom so right now he is giving all his best to show Bom that he loves her.

Bom stole a glance at her dad who was thinking hard of something. Why did she ask for flowers? She’s a patient, in her opinion it’s only right that she receive flowers. She thinks that flowers are the most sincere thing in life and the most beautiful gift nature had provided for everyone to admire. The most important thing is that if she receives flowers daily, she will at least know that her dad is thinking about her every single day.

 

 

“Mom, that’s enough!” Seunghyun hugged his mom tight.

She was struggling in between his arms. Her temperature has been rising since this morning and he doesn’t know if he should bring her to the hospital when he was told clearly by his mom not to. His mom advised him that even if she were to struggle, she doesn’t want to be sent to the hospital. She threatened that if someone sent her there, she’s going to kill herself.

“Mom… Let’s go to the hospital.” Seunghyun said softly.

“Let me go! Let me go!” she screamed on top of her lungs.

“Mom… Please don’t do this anymore!” Seunghyun made sure that she wasn’t hurt under his grasp.

He had to be in that position for a while until his mom calmed down and became unconscious. Seunghyun quickly carried her to be taken to the hospital. He doesn’t care anymore! Whatever happens later, he’s going to be responsible for everything!

Seunghyun took the important documents and some fresh clothes for him and his mom. He took out his phone along the way and called his older sister to tell her about the situation. Her sister was hesitant at first but she agreed when he gave her some piece of rationality.

“I’m really sorry Tabi for letting you go through all this…” his sister sounded solemn.

He wasn’t affected by it. His sister has always been the same, all talk and never action. Seunghyun had to go through a lot as a child. He was physically abused by his own father and when he was just 15 his father had left the family. It was difficult at first because his mom worked day and night to feed them as a family and he didn’t have any money to buy new school uniforms. His uniforms were always smaller and the rest of the kids would laugh at him.

When he was 18, he went to the police station for the first time to settle his sister’s drug case and he got to know that his sister had filed a report against a few men who had touched her. At first, he was furious of what they did but soon he discovered that his sister had been working as an ‘Entertainer’ in a club district. What’s worse is that his friends knew about it and they sometimes went to his sister for ‘special’ services.

His sister always apologized for it and he always forgave her. He doesn’t know why but it has been a lot of times since that happened and like a fool, he forgave her all the time. During that period of time, his mom was always there for him even though she was busy and tired with the workload she had. However, it wasn’t long until she discovered what her daughter had done and she immediately fell sick. She said it was dirty having them as their children. She said that she worked hard to let them live but at last her daughter is selling her body for money and her son is supporting whatever his sister is doing!

His mom never went to work again after that. He had to work and school at the same time to make sure food is at the table every single day. Life was havoc but he never mentioned to anyone what he was facing and he swore that he wouldn’t do that ever. He doesn’t want people to think that he is asking for sympathy.

“Tabi-ah~” his sister called from the other line.

“Ouh?!” Seunghyun shook his head. “I’ll see you at the hospital…” that’s all he said before hanging up.

Seunghyun carried his mom all the way from inside her room to the main road to get a taxi. When the taxi arrived, he quickly lay her down on the backseat. He sat at the passenger seat beside the taxi driver and told him to go to the nearest hospital.

 

 

Minzy looked over her shoulder, she saw Jay walking briskly towards her with a sweater hanged loosely on his arm. When he saw the sight of her, he quickly ran to her and kisses her cheeks. Jay put his arms around her and smiled sweetly at her but he realized that she never smiled back.

Jay placed his hands over hers and fiddled with her fingers. He knows what’s in her mind but he doesn’t want to bring that particular topic up, he just wants to let her know that he’s with her. If she’s scared, he’s here for her. That’s all that is to say.

“I’m still scared if you’re wondering about it…” Minzy said, her voice shaky.

“I won’t leave you. I promise!” Jay said as he brought her hands to his lips.

He kisses her knuckles softly and hugged her.

“Did you tell anybody yet?” Jay asked.

“Are you crazy?! What would they think of me?” Minzy widen her eyes.

Jay sighed and tightens his grasp on Minzy’s warm hands. Both of them remained silent for a while and they thought long about something. She thought of what the future might bring while he thought if it was possible for him and her to stay this way till the end. Will they still love each other after this? It’s easy to say ‘Yes’ but it’s much easier said than done.

“3 months…” Minzy’s voice trailed off as she closed her eyes.

It’s already in the third month, why didn’t both of them realize it? Jay placed her other hand on Minzy’s stomach and smile. He felt it, how lovely… It’s the product of their love for each other. How wonderful. It’s just that the time wasn’t right! If they were careful, this wouldn’t happen.

“When can we go scan for a picture?” Jay asked brightly while Minzy smiled at his words.

Yes, it wasn’t the right time and he wished it didn’t happen but if a child was to be born from Minzy and it’s his, then that means he is a father! He’s happy to hear that although there are lots of burden he knows he have to face soon to be called that.

 

 

Seunghyun rests on the chairs along the corridor of the hospital. A sigh left his lips as he look at his watch. Seunghyun closed his eyes and hung his head backwards. He needs some time to think and rest. He’s tired.

“You’re Choi Seunghyun that is carefree and energetic… You’re a cool guy… You’re fine; you’re doing just fine…” Seunghyun smiled as he repeated said these words in his head.

He has been using this type of psychology so that he will be able to control himself. He doesn’t know when he started this but it has always helped him be a different person, the person he wants to be. The person that he is going to college is Seunghyun and not Tabi. Seunghyun is a person that he wants to be. Tabi is someone that is weak and full of bad luck. Why was he even given that nickname when he was little if that name just brings him bad luck and sadness?

Seunghyun clenched his fist. The memory that he wants to bury deep is coming out again. He is starting to reminisce of the time when he was abused by his father. Seunghyun breathes in and out repeatedly. In his mind, he keeps on saying the mantra that he treasures so much.

“You’re Choi Seunghyun that is carefree and energetic… You’re a cool guy… You’re fine; you’re doing just fine… You’re Choi-“

“Seunghyun?” he heard a familiar voice and he quickly opened his eyes.

Now, this is a pleasant surprise.

“Are you sick? How come you didn’t go to school today?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m sick.” Bom answered.

Then, the awkward ambience came. Both of them remained silent and yes, both are thinking about the chalet they had at Jeju. How things ended the way they did. Seunghyun wasn’t comfortable with how things are coming today. If Bom don’t go, she will find out about his family’s situation soon.

“Why are you here?” Bom asked.

“I’m waiting for my mom to finish her appointment with the doctor…” Seunghyun cleared and Bom could only nod her head.

“I’ll see you in school. My dad is waiting for me…” Bom smiled but before she could walk away, Seunghyun held onto her arms. He needs to clear things out with her. After the chalet, he didn’t have time to talk to her and he didn’t want her to misunderstand anything. He still wants to be friends with her or even more than that.

“We’re fine right? Nothing is wrong between us, right?” Seunghyun asked when she turned around.

Bom shook her head, wearing the same smile on her face. She waved at him and walked towards the entrance of the hospital. Bom looks too fine to be sick today. Even when he grabbed onto her arm just now, it doesn’t seem like she had fever. She’s not trying to avoid him, is she? Seunghyun felt like there was something wrong.

“Seunghyun-sshi?” the doctor who was in charge of his mother’s treatment called him

“Yes… Doctor.” He answered.

“Your mom’s condition is not getting any better… I’m afraid that we have to admit her in the hospital today.” The doctor said.

“Anything that is necessary, I will do it.” Seunghyun nodded his head.

 

Writer's Note:

I'm back at last after being on a hiatus for over a month~ I hope you guys aren't tired of waiting! Thanx for the 4 UPVOTES!!! And those who commented, Love you guys too! To my silent readers, I love you too~ Heheh~~

I'll try to update the next chapter as fast as I can guys coz I know the ending is a lil abrupt, I will make sure that it wont be for long. Maybe tomorrow?

heheheh~ ^_^

Henghso!!! kkeut-

:3