KyungSoo

When the rich get bored

KyungSoo never said anything. Just never. He listened -more or less. Sometimes he even forgot when someone was talking to him and his attention just subconsciously slipped away. He rather listened the birds in the trees or the rustling of the leaves than the unbearable buzzing that was leaving almost every human mouth. Not every human mouth, actually.

KyungSoo, really, was more of an listener. That was why Suho liked him so much -the elder could whine about how mean Yixing was, or about how hot Kris was with that shirt on without having Chanyeol or Kai's constant snickers.

KyungSoo, too, was more of an observer. That was why Jongin despised him so much -and why the junior had started to beat him. Kai couldn't stand KyungSoo's look of understanding and pity, and that was why he had choose to express his hate through bruises and fists. Even now that Suho had made Jongin stop and took Kyungsoo under his protection, Kai's murdering eyes woke up his old scars in his back -those when he was shoved against the lockers. He was used now and the pain was just an everyday thing. He had learnt to live with it.

 

Oh, hey, what are you doing here alone ?”

 

KyungSoo raised his head to realize that ChanYeol was nearing the bench he was sitting in. He smiled as his friend sat down with his oh-so-eternal goofy smile all over his face.

 

Nothing. Just thninking. He answered quietly.

You're always thinking, Soo. Doesn't your head hurt sometimes ?” The other wondered, chuckling.

 

KyungSoo let his eyes wander pass the students running in the stadium a few feet away and muttered:

 

Not my head.”

 

He was not sure ChanYeol did hear him.

They stayed silent for a while, the taller messing with his hands as the hyperactive child he was. The quiet atmosphere did not last long though.

 

Hey, I was wondering ...”

 

KyungSoo repressed a snort. He hated when sentences began like that. ChanYeol did not notice however and kept talking.

 

D'you know why does Kai hate you so much ? I mean, you barely speak to him, not that you really speak to us as well but ...”

 

His friend shrugged his tiny shoulders, suddenly enthralled by a plane flying above their head. It was such a beautiful day.

 

Well, I guess he blames me for not being his punchingball anymore.”

 

KyungSoo bit his lower lip. He did not mean to sound that sarcastic.

 

Why ?” ChanYeol inquired.

 

His tone was genuily surprised, and KyunSoo tried not to sigh. He did not really like talking about those old stories.

 

Well don't you already know ? He used to beat me for whatever reason, Suho made him stop at some point and now I assume he'd like to beat me again, giving how he seems to be always trying to throw daggers at me everytime I'm less than two miles away from him.”

 

ChanYeol hummed. He was certainly the only one who would not notice how KyungSoo was being out-of-character at this very moment. KyungSoo was not meant to be sassy, according to aproximatively the entire world.

 

Well I did know that but ...”

 

The wind ruffled their hair. ChanYeol did not bother replace it – it already was so messy, anyway; but KyungSoo immediately rearranged his in neat strands. Someone shouted from the stadium.

 

He really likes SuHo that much, didn't he ?” The giant observed wistfully.

 

KyungSoo nearly laughed bitterly out loud, but choose instead to change the subject. They were coming on dangerous ground.

 

So, are you okay with Baekyun dating Tiffany ? He seems serious, for once.”

Yeah. Why would I be bothered ?”

 

ChanYeol had just answered too quickly. KyungSoo rolled his eyes and gave him a deadpan look. His friend groaned and threw his arms helplessly in the air.

 

Ok, ok, I'm not okay. , why everyone keep wanting to remind me of the fact that I'm ing in love my straight best friend ?” He nearly shouted, glaring at nothing.

 

KyungSoo paused and suddenly felt guilty. He just wanted to help, he thought ChanYeol had not realized his love yet, since he did not have someone to speak with except Baehyun.

 

I'm sorry.” The boy whispered.

 

ChanYeol smiled brightly at him, so brightly it hurt to look.

 

I've already had someone who helped me to sort this out, don't worry. And well, yeah, I suffer but what can I do ?”

 

He suddenly bent and laid down on the bench, putting his head on KyungSoo's lap. He closed his eyes, leaving his friend dumbfounded. ChanYeol was still smiling when he spoke up.

 

He's straight. I don't even have to argue even further.”

You were straight before, too.” KyungSoo pointed out.

Well, not exactly. I was neither straight nor gay, I think, I was just … in love with Baek. But he doesn't. He's straight, and well, I can't do anything against that.

But it's sad.”

 

ChanYeol chuckled, looking up at KyungSoo's face which was anything but sad.

 

So what ? That's an unrequited love, as a thousand of others. I don't want to mope about how sad is my love life when a lot of other's are worse.”

 

KyungSoo sighed.

 

But you're sad.”

 

Chanyeol's smile slipped away and he frowned.

 

Yeah, I'm sad. I'm awfully sad. Damnit, KyungSoo. Everyone normally stop asking further, at this point. Everyone actually believes what I told you. Why do you always find what's wrong when I try to convince you otherwise ?”

 

He huffed, closing his eyes once again when KyungSoo's fingers started caressing his brown locks. He was nearly asleep when his friend answered, causing him to open his eyelids quickly.

 

Because I know. I know this too much.”

 


 

 

 

 

A/N: Ok guys, I'm really sorry ... It's been what ... six months ? And my update is so lame, I'm so sorry .... School this year is horrible, I don't have the time to write anymore but as you are almost 150 suscribers I kicked my (yes I can do that) to write this little ... thing.

I don't think I'll be able to post another chapter until June, my exams are nearing, and again I'm really sorry ... Thank you so much for your comments and for waiting, I'll update more starting June I promise ! I love youuu ♥♥