ChanYeol

When the rich get bored

 

ChanYeol was kind of aware that a girl was blabbering in front of him, but he didn’t really pay attention. It was noon, and all he wanted was eating with his friends; but that girl whom he didn’t even know the name had dragged him out in the school park and was now squeaking, unable to look at him straight. ChanYeol sighed. He was tired.

‘Are you asking me out?’ he stated blankly, all in finesse.

The girl blushed harder and nodded, stuttering.

‘Ok. I don’t want to. I’m not interested, actually. But I’m touched and yadda yadda. Now, bye.’

He left the girl alone, and went back to the cafeteria. Now, he was angry. He quickly made his way inside the building, heading to buy his lunch. He moved to their habitual table, and dropped on a chair next to BaekHyun, sighing heavily.

‘What’s up again?’ Kai asked, stealing some pieces of SeHun’s meal with his chopsticks. His best friend didn’t seem to care anyway.

ChanYeol broke his chopsticks, and then put an arm around BaekHyun’s back of chair.

‘I’m fed up with girls, really’ He growled, slurping his noodles.

‘Wait, another one? It’s the third time this week!’ SuHo exclaimed incredulously.

ChanYeol just nodded, tightening his grip around BaekHyun’s shoulder.

‘Well, be gay with us, Channie! It’s so much fun around there!’ Kai practically yelled, a large grin across his face.

‘Oh no, please, don’t ert my Yeollie too!’ BaekHyun shouted out, resting his thin digits on his tall friend’s thigh.

ChanYeol shuddered a little. The window was opened, most likely.

‘And you’re not even gay, I point it out, Kai.’

The younger stuck his tongue out.

‘Not as queer as SuHo, that’s right.’ He laughed, earning an outrageous slap from the leader.

ChanYeol laughed his turn, and BaekHyun threw him a warning glass.

‘I’m serious, Channie, I’d be the only straight guy here. You’re mine, neh?’ The elder whined, tugging ChanYeol’s hand.

‘Yeah, yeah, BaekHyun. Don’t worry, I won’t fall in love with anybody!’

Kai whistled.

‘And you guys are sure you’re not gays? I really doubt it, now.’

 

---------------------

 

ChanYeol, Kai, SuHo and KyungSoo were coming back from school. Kai and SuHo were arguing, as always; KyungSoo was just following, as always; and ChanYeol was unusually quiet. When SuHo and KyungSoo left the other two alone, ChanYeol held Kai’s arm back hesitantly.

‘Em … Can I talk to you for a second?’ He stated without looking at his friend.

Kai tilted his head to the side, staring at him, curious. He nodded and pulled him down to the nearest café, a small coffee shop with small blue boxes.

When they entered, the waitress gazed at them in amazement. Kai just winked at her; he was used. They sat on a corner of the shop, ordering a black coffee for Kai and an orange juice for ChanYeol. Once the waitress has brought their drink, eyeing Kai once more, they stayed in silence for a while, the youngest waiting for his friend to begin.

‘Kai. ’ ChanYeol said after drinking half of his glass. ‘Have you ever been in love?’

The other chuckled first at the awkwardness of the question, but then frowned, thinking seriously.

‘Hm … Yeah. Twice, I think. I’m still not sure.’

Before ChanYeol had the time to ask what that “still” meant, the dark-haired one raised his eyes towards his friend’s face.

‘Why? Are you? In love?’

ChanYeol cleared his throat.

‘I don’t know. I-I think so but I’m not … I’m not …’

‘Gay ?’ Kai stated, smirking.

‘Erm. Yeah.’

Kai’s smile widened. Suddenly, he bent across the table and leaned his lips on ChanYeol’s. The elder didn’t react for a second, blushing then jumped away on his seat.

‘Wh-what are you-‘

Kai laughed, his deep voice resonating in the empty shop.

‘Relax, Channie ! It was just a test ! Did you feel anything ?’

ChanYeol, who was still surprised, took his time to calm his heartbeat.

‘Well … Apart of surprise, no.’ He answered, biting his lower lips.

‘So that means that you’re not gay. And in love with BaekHyun. And that I’m hurt because you’re the first person who didn’t feel anything kissing me.’

ChanYeol let out an exasperated sigh.

‘Hurt, really – Hey but wait, I didn’t say it was BaekHyun.’

Kai stared at him wryly.

‘Yeollie, please. I see how you look at him. I KNOW it’s him. Everybody knows.’

ChanYeol hid his face in his big hands, embarrassed.

‘Is it that obvious ?’

‘It was, even before you knew you like him. But BaekHyun doesn’t seem to be aware. This stupid kid is completely blind. And I won’t tell him.

ChanYeol watched his friend suspiciously. Kai pretended to be outraged.

‘I’m not that mean, you know? And I know what you feel. Being in love with someone who likes someone else.’

ChanYeol felt a bit confused. He had always thought of Kai as from the never-get-attached kind.

‘You ? Really ?’

Kai smiled sadly.

‘Yes, but I don’t know which one of the two I love, in fact.’

ChanYeol didn’t insist, as much as he wanted to do. They finished their drinks in silence, Kai sipping his coffee, looking outside. They didn’t talk a lot while paying, and then went out in the hot afternoon sun. Just before leaving his friend, ChanYeol opened his mouth.

‘… Kai, who-‘

‘Later, Channie.’ Kai cut him with a sorrowful gaze. ‘I know it’s a fascinating story, but I won’t tell you now. Not yet.’

 

 

A/N: it seems like my chapters are getting longer bit by bit :3 Anyway, sorry for the shortness of this one ... I can't write much these days :(
And BaekYeol is starting !! *cheers*
Thanks for reading, don't forget to commeeeeeent or i'll be haunting you for the rest of your life ~ ♥