Blood Stained

Our Wounded Hearts

 

Third Person POV:

A quite young lad drowning himself in wine. The club was not well-ventilated, making it a perfect place for him in his current situation. Having broken up with his girlfriend he tends to drink until he forget how he was just used by the girl he thought worthy for his love. However, things just weren’t what he wanted it to be. Instead of forgetting her, disappointment and pity on himself welled within him. He was ignoring the loud noises around the club. One thing he knows is that he might be surrounded by gang members or even killers and addicts. It was his first time being in the place; however, he doesn’t care about anything else, he just needed to forget “her” and her lies.

Then he heard another round of snickers and mocking which he feels is directed towards him. He looked at the table next to his and he was right, they were eyeing him as if he was the most ridiculous person. A large man in his late thirties stood up from their table and went to young man. He wants to scare off MinHyuk so he made fun of him, degrading the young man’s thin frame. The drummer just scoffed in reply to the taunting bear and continued sipping his wine. But as much as he wants to ignore their immature actions, they were getting to his nerves already. MinHyuk’s scoff made the large man boil inside so he kept on taunting him.

 “Hey young kid!! Stop scoffing at this lion in front of you! Are you too scared to even speak?! I bet you’re trembling already, hahaha!”

Another round of laughter was heard as they enjoy making fun of the young guy. Just as the bear-looking man moves his attention back to the drummer, he was met by a strong punch in his face. Everyone in the club was surprised. And right there, the bar turned into a chaos.

One by one, the mocking group of men took on the lean man to defeat him. Broken glasses and upturned tables and chairs were everywhere.  But only one emerged victorious and that was the brokenhearted lad. It may not be seen in his physical structure but he was quite a skilled fighter. Seeing his opponents all down and struggling in pain, he went out of the bar. As he continued to walk on, he realized the red droplets in his right fist.

“Aishh.. So troublesome..”, he said.

He covered the wounds with the white handkerchief in his pocket although he dreaded using it. He continued to walk on. As soon as he finally made a decision of moving on and leaving all heartaches in the past, he dropped the blood-stained hanky on the ground. And he did that ON purpose.

 

Kathy POV:

I went out of the book store after buying two new books to read. I took out one book and put the marker I always use to mark the books I wanted to read so much. Unlike other girls, I’m the type who prefers books over the mall. People often consider me weird, hard to understand and that I’m living a boring life. They can say whatever they can, but I am enjoying the way I live.

 It’s already been a long time since I’ve got to walk through the streets with nothing to worry about school projects and assignments. I was enjoying my walk when I caught sight of a very familiar figure. I gulped and my heart started to beat in a faster pace.

 I took a deep breath.

 “Ani—that’s impossible… Today’s they’re anniversary and he would be with her.” I thought to myself.

 But then the tall man dropped a white piece of cloth. So I rushed to pick it up and to return it to him. My eyes almost popped out as I realized that it was a white handkerchief but got red because of blood.

“Otteokeyo? He’s wounded.”

 Taking another deep breath, I ran after the owner of the hankie calling out to him louder each time. He turned around giving me an emotionless face.

“Uhmm..Mister, you dropped this”, handing it out to him.  I looked up at him and scanned his face.  I almost felt my heart about to pop out of my chest as he looked back at me.

“Omo..it’s really him!” I started to felt more awkward when he said to me in reply, “I did that on purpose. I don’t want to keep that piece of cloth. I want to forget the person who gave that to me.” Then he started to walk off, his hands in his pocket.

MinHyuk POV:

I threw the white piece of cloth. But some nerd girl came up returning it to me.

I turned around and she said, “Uhmm..Mister, you dropped this.”

 I know of her good intentions but I really can’t bring myself to keep ‘that’ again.

So I told her, “I did that on purpose. I don’t want to keep that piece of cloth. I want to forget the person who gave that to me.”, then I decided to walk off.

“Have you…broken-up??” I was surprised to hear that from the nerd girl. But her voice was one with concern and worry. I turned back to her and looked closely at her. Then it struck me. I realized that the girl in front of me was Lee Kathy, the younger sister of my ex-girlfriend. Although they were sisters, I can’t find any trace of similarity between them. The younger one is a called the “perfectly good heart”, but was considered weird by everyone. She was a wallflower in contrast to her older sister who’s so much popular. She’s often alone and books are always with her while her unnie was always surrounded by people.

“Waeyo? Haven’t she told you?” still looking at her. “Yah~ MinHyuk-ah, why are you mad at her?  She’s not the one who hurt you after all!” My conscience yelled at me.

She looked down and shook her head. “Were not that close after all” she said as she held firmly the paperbag she is holding.  I noticed the difference with the way she and her unnie dress and the way they act. She’s often in t-shirts, pants, and flats. By looking at her, you wouldn’t get the vibe that she came from one of the wealthiest families in the country.

Thinking that the conversation’s over, I rolled my eyes. I was about to continue to walk on but for another time, she stopped me. 

 

Kathy POV:

                Just as I saw him about to walk on again, I gathered up my voice.

“Mianheyo!”

He turned around for the second time with furrowed eyebrows.  I collected the last heap of courage within me.

“I’m so sorry for whatever pain my Unnie has caused you. It’s maybe hard for you to forgive her but I’m hoping that soon your heart will heal.” I looked at him with watery eyes which made him a bit alarmed. “Please forgive her!”, I bowed down at him.

 

MinHyuk POV:

                She asked me to forgive her sister and bowed to me. I became more surprised to see her eyes were teary. I walked towards her. I lifted her head up slowly and asked her, “Why are you asking for forgiveness for her? She doesn’t even treat you well, right?”

“Because although she doesn’t treat me as a little sister, I know she still loves me as one. She just can’t find any ways to show it." she defended her sister.  "So please forgive her.”, she replied. I felt the honesty that goes with it.

I directed my eyes in the other direction. Shaking my head, “That’s not easy. A broken heart does not heal with just a sorry.”

“I know.”, lifting her head up to me.

 “Please tell me when your heart finally heals.  When that moment comes, I know you could finally forgive her.”, she sighed. “Forgiving isn’t easy and I know that. You know, it’s a year now but still I’m giving my best to forgive her although she hasn’t even given me a sorry yet.” Despite all the way she would always treat me.

“I could only forgive her when you have already have forgiven her. Yeah, that’s it..” She nodded slowly to her realization.

“Waeyo? What wrong has she done to you?”, I asked her as my curiosity got the best of me. “What maybe that something that even ‘the perfectly good heart’ finds hard to forgive her? And why does she need me to forgive her sister first before she finally forgives her?” I thought to myself.

I waited for a few seconds for her reply.

 

 

---------

A/N:

Cliffhanger!.. Gosh, sorry about that..keke..But don't worry i'll update it by tomorrow i guess..if time and thecircumstances allow me..

So how was the first chapter??.. Hope I did not disappoint anyone..

To my first subscriber, SimplyJenchi, thanks a lot!:)) I appreciate it so much that I'm teary eyed right now.. 

Feel free to subscribe and comment:))

-MaiYuki_628129