Reunited

For Never Was a Tale of Greater Woe Than This of Ji Hyo & her Nero

The next morning, Ji Hyo awoke to find a carton of chocolate milk on her beside table, with a note that said, "Goodmorning sunshine!" She took a few moments to fully gain conciousness and comprehend the situation. She eyed the milk carton suspiciously. 

"ani ah....it can't be. Impossibe!" Ji Hyo thought. She stumbled out of bed and into 'narnia'. Just as she expected, Young Jee was still asleep. Images of her old flame begun to appear in her mind. "I wonder what he looks like now," she thought. "And as usual...I don't feel a thing. I wish that I could say that it's because I don't love him anymore. But I can't. It's all because I'm a monster." 

Just then, she noticed a separate note on her dressing table. It read:

"Seong-Im ah,

I miss you.

I have so much to explain to you and so much to do to make up for lost time. I know you've been grieving but I know that you've never given up hope.

Please meet me at the gazebo at 6 30 this evening. I'll be waiting.

I love you.
Joo Ji Hoon"


 

She folded the letter and the note neatly and stuffed it into the pocket of her uniform which was hanging in her wardrobe. After which, she proceeded to wake Young Jee up for school.

"Hmm?" Young Jee sitrred from her sleep. "ah..." she smiled with her eyes still closed, "I had such a good night's sleep. Thank you very much, Seong Im ah."

Ji Hyo just smiled and stuffed the milk carton into Young Jee's hand. "For you. Hurry wake up, wash up and drink that, and we'll have to set off for school before my parents wake up."

Young Jee nodded and Ji Hyo waited in the living room.


 

Ji Hyo seemed rather unaffected upon reading the letter. She just carried on with her life as if nothing has happened. Perhaps it was because she could hardly experience emotions. Young Jee noticed nothing amiss and they skipped happily after school.


 


 

After school ended, it was already 5 30. Ji Hyo walked leisurely and slowly with no intentions of being early for meeting Ji Hoon or even meeting him at all. She decided, if she wasn't too tired, she did not see the harm in meeting him. Thus, she, along with Young Jee, made her way home comfortably. By the time they reached home, showered and had her dinner, it was already 7 45. 

"Young Jee ah, I'm so sorry but I have to be somewhere now. Are you okay on your own?"

"yeh. I'll jjust stay in the wonderful 'narnia'!"

"Ok. i won't be long! take care!"

Once again, Ji Hyo walked leisurely to the gazebo, not minding the fact that she would ronly each there in 30 mins.


 

"Seong-Im noona!" a voice cried. Ji Hyo didn't recognise that voice. "seong im, do you know how long I waited for you?"

"no, as a matter of fact, I don't. Why don't you tell me?" she snapped. She didn't know why she did that, inside she did not feel anger.

"Noona ah, why are you being like this?"

"Are you really asking me that question? If i were to answer your previous question again - no, but what i know for sure, is that I definitely waited longer than you did."

"noona, you don't understa-" she interrupts him

"indeed, i do not. enlighten me."

"Seong-im ah...we grew up, I had to move on with my life, you know that.” tears started to form in Ji Hoon's eyes.

Move on with your life? “ Ji Hyo scoffed. “I wasn't a part of your life? Is that it? I was just someone you used for companionship but tossed aside so easily?” At that point, Ji Hyo started to tear too. “What's wrong with me? Why am i crying? You're not even worth one or two tears. You know what? What i was to you, you are to me. So there's no need to explain. Get on with your life, Ji Hoon.” She remarked sarcastically.

Noona!” Ji Hoon exclaimed “How could you say something like that? For me..you were someone I loved. Someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. But I had to go. That's why i'm back now.”

Ji Hyo shook her head desperately.

It's too late. You left knowing that I really needed you. You said you loved me. Do you know what you put me through? Do you know how much I suffered because of you? What's so important that you had to leave someone you love behind and hurt them? Tell me! Unless it's a lie!”

I can't!” Ji Hoon cried. “I want to, but I can't, okay? You just have to trust me.” Ji Hoon suddenly took out a necklace from his chest pocket. “Here, I kept this. I have always kept this as close to my heart as possible. I loved you. I love you! Please!”

Ji Hyo's brows started to relax as she witness his love proclamation. She believed him. She didn't want to but she believed in him.


 


 

Young Jee ah! Meet Ji Hoon.” Ji Hyo introduced him as she held his hand. Although she believed him, she was still cautious. She held his hand extra tightly just to assure herself that he is here, and he won't be leaving.

OOOOOOH! Yah, Seong Im! You went out so late at night to meet this boy? Who is he? Your boyfriend?” Young Jee said teasingly.

Ji Hyo and Ji Hoon looked at each other.

Yes, he is my boyfriend.” She beamed. “He just came back, after 8 years.”