Victims

Gossip Generation.

 

The next day, Yuri met with her father to have breakfast. Like always, she tried to have a calm talk with him about subjects that interested him. Like his company.

“You look very happy today” suddenly said Mr.Kwon “Did you have fun with Tiffany last night?”

Yuri made an expression and she decided to be honest.

“Actually, we had a big fight…”

“Do you want my advice?” Her father interrupted “Say you are sorry, even if is not your fault. Buy her some flowers or a jewel if she is really angry, it works with your mother.”

“I don’t know” Yuri looked away “Maybe this is just for the better”

The man stopped eating immediately when he heard what his daughter said. He looked like he couldn’t believe it.

“Wait a minute, did you two break up?”

“Yes” Yuri sighed “I guess we did”

“Tiffany is a great girl” He told her like trying to make her remember that.

“I know” She affirmed “It’s just that I’m not sure if she is the one for me..”

“But you two have been dating for years and you love her, right?”

“Yes, of course I do” Yuri replied has an impulse, she felt attacked. The disappointment on his father’s face makes her angry.

“I think it would be good if we take a break, okay?” She tried to explain it but he didn’t change that strong stare.

“Maybe is not good right now, Yuri”

Yuri raised an eyebrow, asking him to continue with what he was saying.

“Cecily Hwang is going to sell shares of her company and I have been persuading her for months to let me be in charge of that”

“You are the right one, she is going to choose you” Yuri said.

“I know I’m going to get it” He said with ambition, like every time they talked about business “But if you just could help me a little…”

Yuri refused.

“What?” He said “What’s the problem? You love her, she loves you, you two are just going through a bad moment, that’s all”

Dad, you don’t understand” Yuri thought.

“You shouldn’t give up just because things are hard” Now he was scolding her “No when it comes to business… or when your family depend of it”

Do you mean that Tiffany is a business?

 

“So, tell me” said the hotel receptionist in challenging tone “How  do you know that this cellphone belongs to Miss Jessica if you said that you didn’t read the information in it? And if you are not a guest in this hotel, what were you doing here then?

“What?” Sooyoung asked confused “Look, when the prince found Cinderella’s shoe no one said that he stole it..”

“Oh and you are a prince?”

“I didn’t mean that..”

“Ah, there is Miss Jung” said the man trying to call her.

“No,no!” she begged but he didn’t listen to her.

“Miss Jessica!” He called her and the blonde looked at him.

“What are you doing?!” Sooyoung complained while wishing she could just escape.

“Excuse me, do you know this young lady?” the man asked Jessica and ignoring the taller girl.

“She doesn’t know me” Sooyoung assured her with a soft voice “No one knows me, do you understand? But that’s fine, I like it that way” Jessica finally came closer to the reception and looked at Sooyoung.

“You are the girl from last night” she smiled friendly “I’m sorry for what happened..”

“Do you remember me?” the taller girl said surprised, and looked at the receptionist “Wow, she actually remembers me”

“Well, anyway. Miss Jessica, this girl assured that she found your cellphone last night” the man said giving Jessica the phone.

The blonde smiled.

“You found it” Jessica said to Sooyoung.

Suddenly she saw her mother entering the hotel with shopping bags.

“Hi mom” she greeted her and the older woman walked towards her.

“Guess what I bought” the woman said happily “A dress for Tiffany’s party. I saw your invitation in your room”

Jessica knew that if she attended to Tiffany’s party, she could be upset because she already said in front of everyone that she couldn’t attend. Or worse, she would get Yoona in trouble and she didn’t want that.

“I’m not going..” Jessica said.

“What do you mean? It’s the party of your best friend”

“Yeah, well, the problem is that.. When I got my invitation, i.. already had plans”

It was hard for Jessica to create that excuse, but her mother wanted more answers.

“Plans with who?”

She was nervous and tried to improvise, so Jessica just pointed at the girl next to her.

“With my friend”

Sooyoung, who was yawning, suddenly reacted. Jessica nodded and smiled nervously. Then she looked at her mother.

“Eh, yeah.. hi” Sooyoung said clumsily. “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Jung, my name is Choi Sooyoung”

“And what are you and Choi Sooyoung going to do?” she asked to her daughter.

Sooyoung thought that the woman’s attitude was rude, because she didn’t say greeted her back and the woman didn’t even look happy for about Jessica was saying.

“We..” The blonde looked at Sooyoung’s eyes trying to get an idea.

“We are going to a concert” Was the only thing that Sooyoung could get because her father would have a concert with his band that night “The name of the band is Ark”

“Really?” Jessica’s mother looked upset and then she closed her eyes.

“Yes, they are in the top 10 of the best forgotten bands of the 90s” said the tall girl wanting to convince her.

“Yay!” Jessica said faking excitement. “I’m a big fan”

“Well, it’s a pity” The older woman finally said a little more calm “This party was the perfect chance for you to announce your return. But I guess that I will have to keep this dress”

She smiled with that last idea and then she left without saying goodbye.

“Thank you” Jessica said when her mother disappeared from her sight.

“Yeah, no problem” Sooyoung said moving her hands “It’s okay”

Sooyoung decided to left too, she turned around and started to walk to the streets of Ttara.

“So we are going to meet at 8:00pm? Jessica suddenly asked, making Sooyoung look at her. She looked confused.

“Do you really want to hang out with a girl that you don’t even know?”

“Well, you can’t be worse that the girls that I actually know” the blonde said lifting her shoulders.

She looked at Sooyoung and then she left. The taller girl smiled happily “I can’t believe I did it!”

 

Tiffany was in a sushi restaurant and was trying to focus on her food. She didn’t want to see the person that was in front of her.

“Thank you for accepting my invitation” Yuri said breaking the silence, even if she felt uncomfortable talking to the shorter girl because it was obvious that she really hurt her.

Tiffany looked at her for a moment and kept looking at her food.

“Listen Tiffany, I know that I did hurt you…” said the tall girl, and Tiffany looked at her “I know, and I want to fix it”

“Really?” the shorter girl asked upset “And how are you going to do that?”

“I’m going to leave everything in the past” Yuri assured her “I’m not going to see or talk to Jessica, it will be like if she doesn’t exist”

Suddenly Tiffany looked a little more attent to her girlfriend’s words. She just needed to look at Yuri’s eyes to discover that she really was trying to do anything to fix it. And when she remembered that Jessica would be the one who is going to be harm, she smiled.

“I think is a good idea, let’s not mention it again” Tiffany said happily “Are you going to eat that?”

Yuri looked at how Tiffany took some of her food while she thinks ‘this can’t be her reaction’

“That’s all?” Yuri asked like if she was criticizing her “Because you were really angry last night. Shouldn’t we talk about it?” Tiffany just smiled in silence before she replied.

“There is nothing to talk. I exaggerated, if you said that is in the past, then it is.”

Yuri wasn’t convinced.

“I’m sure that you feel nothing for her” Tiffany added sounding like ‘you better don’t’ in that phrase.

Yuri didn’t say anything, she was really confused.

“I just feel bad for Jessica, she is really going to miss you” the shorter girl said wanting to see what would be Yuri’s reaction.

And Yuri knew it, that’s why she just looked at Tiffany while feeling regret. Suddenly she felt like if their relationship was some game for Tiffany. A game where her goal was to win against Jessica.

“When is the limo going to arrive?” Tiffany asked before she drank water, leaving behind the delicate subject they were talking about.

“Eight o’clock..”

“Perfect”

Yuri was still upset, and she kept silence.

 

“So are you going to go out with Jessica?” Yoona said while she looked her reflection at the mirrr “Well, I’m going to go to Tiffany’s party. Who said that we are not cool?”

“Yeah” Sooyoung smiled feeling satisfied with her look; a simple brown dress and natural make-up “I don’t want to be late. So be careful, okay?”

She Yoona’s hair and walked to the door.

“I say the same for you” said the younger girl. Her smile disappeared when Sooyoung left; she really wanted Jessica to attend to Tiffany’s party.

“Oh god” suddenly said her father “My daughter is already a woman”

“Dad, you just have to say that I look nice and don’t make this a talk about growing up, please”

“You look like.. your mother” he said really surprised

She took Jessica’s advice and wore a black dress, it looked good on her. She was ready to go to the important party.

“Thank you” she said to her father happily.

 

On their way to the party, Tiffany, Yuri and Taeyeon were in the same limo with two other boys and a girl, one of Tiffany’s minions. They were drinking champagne and the music was really loud. The three emblematic friends could get this kind of luxury. While Taeyeon was having fun flirting with one of the boys, Tiffany was talking happily with the other boy and the girl. In that moment Yuri looked out of the window. Feeling that even if there was a lot of people who would kill just to be her, she would be happy if for a moment she was allowed to be in where she wanted and with who she wanted. She had something in mind.

They arrived to the party. Everyone was waiting for them, obviously. Tiffany was greeting her guests, acting like she was interested in all of them. Yuri stayed next to her, she felt forced to do it.

“Get me a drink” Taeyeon asked the boy that was with her. He obeyed her.

“I will be right back, beautiful” He said with a wink and then left.

“Finally” the short girl thought, she was sick of him since like ten minutes ago. She started to look at the guests, they are the same people. Sometimes it bothered her that the parties were so exclusive. And then a girl with a pretty face caught her attention.

“Who is the new girl?” She asked to one of her friends.

“Im Yoona” her friend replied not showing interest “She is a newcomer”

“I love newcomers” Taeyeon said softly “They are so..”

“New?”

Taeyeon just smiled.

“Did you read something about her on Gossip Girl?” Taeyeon asked.

“No, not before you finish her, of course”

That reply convinced her and she didn’t hesitated to go closer to Yoona.

“Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon said introducing herself. Yoona looked around before she replied.

“I know” the younger girl said with excitement “I mean, I’m sorry, I am Im Yoona”

“Nice to meet you” Taeyeon said acting like a good girl.

“I could say the same” you could notice the excitement in Yoona’s voice.

Taeyeon took her hand and started to caress it while she looked at her eyes. Yoona felt like she was on the clouds.

 

[It seems that our little Yoona would end up having a new friend and with a ticket to the exclusive circle of Ttara.. ¿Or Taeyeon is going to end up with a new victim? I told you that I love parties…]

 

“This is too much, right?” Jessica said talking about her own attire. She was walking with Sooyoung for the street of Ttara.

The blonde was wearing a beautiful golden dress; you could notice that she wasn’t an ordinary girl.

“Honestly, I don’t have a problem with your clothes” Sooyoung said.

Jessica smiled satisfied with that answer.

 

“Let’s go to a quiet place” Taeyeon told to Yoona and took her hand, the younger girl looked around.

“Okay..”

Before they went upstairs to go to the roof of the building, Taeyeon took two cups and a bottle of champagne.

“Well, here is definitely quieter” Yoona said when they arrived. “But do you know where are we going or-“

“Here is fine” the short girl said making Yoona come closer to her because the girl didn’t stop walking around the place. When she was closer she tried to kiss her but Yoona pushed her.

“You said you wanted to talk” Yoona said softly and laughed nervously “What do you want to talk about?”

“About how much I like you..”

Taeyeon caressed the girl’s cheek and kissed that place softly. That make Yoona to trust her a little more, and the next kiss was on the lips. A soft one.

However, the younger girl was so tense that Taeyeon choose to move aside.

“Oh, I’m sorry” The older girl said “If you don’t want to do anything.. it’s okay”

Yoona nodded, but she wasn’t relaxed. It was her first kiss and the thought that  Taeyeon was too fast.

“Let’s start again” Taeyeon said.

“Yes.. do you want to go back to the party?”

The younger girl was about to go downstairs but she was stopped.

“Drink some champagne, please”

Yoona kept silence, she was thinking about it, or she looked like that.

“Hmm, just one” she finally said.

Taeyeon didn’t notice that when she was serving her a drink, the younger girl took her phone and started to write a text.

 

Sooyoung and Jessica decided to kill some time going to a café to buy something hot to drink, it was a cold night. They left the place with a coffee in their hands.

Sooyoung started to see Jessica, she was speechless because of her beauty.

“What?” Jessica thought it was funny.

“Nothing, I’m sorry” The taller girl came back to reality “It’s just that.. Yoona was right, you are nice”

“Aww so that’s what Yoona thinks about me” the blonde thought.

“Wait” Jessica said finding funny what she just heard “You invited me to go out with you and you didn’t even know if I was nice?”

“Ehm, exactly” the taller girl joked “I just cared about your looks. And basically, you were the one who invited me to go out with you”

“I see now, so this girl with a sensitive soul is also really superficial”

“Just a little” Sooyoung said laughing.

Then Sooyoung’s phone started to ring.

‘Help, emergency, I need you’  it what was written in the text sent by Yoona.

Then she got another one ‘Please, I’m serious, do you know Kim Taeyeon?’

“What’s going on? You look worried” Jessica said.

“Don’t worry. It’s just my sister. You know, he is in Tiffany’s party and she is having a problem with… a girl named Taeyeon”

Jessica felt impatient when she heard that name.

“I’m sorry, I have to go” Sooyoung apologized.

“I’m going to go too” Jessica said decided.

“No, it’s okay, you don’t have to wo-“

“No, listen, if it’s about Taeyeon then it’s not something good”

Sooyoung then became serious. And Jessica made her hurry up to the party.

“I hope you are fine, little girl” the blonde was thinking and felt worry.

 

When they arrived the music invaded them so it was easy for them to listen.

“I’m going to see if she is there” Sooyoung said loudly “You look for her for that place, okay?”

“Yes, okay” Jessica said reading her lips.

It took everyone a second to notice Jessica.

“Oh, that’s Jessica!” “She is really here?” “Everyone said that she wasn’t invited” “I think she is drunk..” “Do you think that Tiffany knows this?” “She is brave” “You already know Jessica, she never misses a party..”

“What is she doing here? She was not invited” Tiffany said when she saw Jessica from afar.

She didn’t hesitated and started to walk towards her. She had a few things to tell her.

“Tiffany, wait. Do you really are going to kick her out?” Yuri stopped her.

“Did you invite her?!” Tiffany asked her with an upset tone.

“What? No! God, I made you a promise” Yuri was upset because of Tiffany’ attitude.

She made an expression and started to go to somewhere else, but she was stopped.

“Don’t talk to her” Tiffany warned her while she took her arm.

“I’m just going to walk around, okay?”

Yuri then walked in a hurry and passed by Jessica, fighting with herself to not look at her, even if she really wanted because the blonde looked beautiful.

Jessica noticed how Yuri completely ignored her and it was weird, she observed how Yuri walked out of the building. Then she decided to look again at the party and she felt uncomfortable when she noticed Tiffany’s killer stare on her.  She didn’t understand that offensive posture.

Something inside of her made her think that maybe Tiffany already know their secret. The blame consumed her. Two seconds later Tiffany stopped looking at her and left.  The fact that she didn’t talk to the blonde confirmed what Jessica was thinking. “If Tiffany knows, then I’m dead..

 

“No, stop!” Yoona screamed trying to push Taeyeon, who was kissing her neck and was caressing her whole body.

The older girl was taking advantage of her.

“Please, Sooyoung, hurry up!”

“There is no one here” Sooyoung say to Jessica when both of them where going to the roof.

“Look” the girl said and pointed to the floor “That’s Taeyeon scarf..”

“What?!”

That’s when Sooyoung started to run to the roof

“Wait for me, Yoona”

When Sooyoung arrived she saw a bad scene.

“Yoona!” she screamed while running to them.

“Taeyeon, let her go!” Jessica demanded with anger. She couldn’t believe what Taeyeon was doing. The girl of the scarf was interrupted when she let Yoona go and she was hugged by Jessica.

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked.

“Yes..” the younger girl replied.

Sooyoung walked directly to Taeyeon.

“How dare you?!” Sooyoung said and pushed her, but Taeyeon pushed her too violently. She was shorter but she knew how to defend herself.

“What’s your problem?” Taeyeon said mocking her. “This is a party, this kind of things happen.. Who are you, anyway?”

“How many times should I tell you?” Sooyoung complained “We are in the same class in school. My name is Choi Sooyoung and her, Yoona, is my sister!”

When she finished saying that she hit Taeyeon really hard with her fist, and she fell on the floor. When she tried to get up it was Jessica’s turn.

“Don’t even think of touching her!” the blonde screamed and pushed Taeyeon making her fall again. “Yoona, Sooyoung, let’s go”

“Your life is over, !” Taeyeon yelled at Jessica “Don’t forget that I know everything!”

 

When they went to the party again, Jessica took their hands and walked to the exit. Tiffany didn’t understand what happened, but it wouldn’t take it long to know.

Outside the building there was a taxi waiting for them. Yoona was the first one to get inside.

 

Just a few meters away, there was Yuri who was watching the taxi driving away. She didn’t feel good, she wanted to know who was that tall girl and what was she doing with Jessica. She drank from the glass she was holding with her hand, maybe at the end of the night she would end up forgetting all her problems.

“She better doesn’t show her face here again” Tiffany said to Taeyeon when she noticed that the shorter girl was next to her.

“Actually, I hope she does” Taeyeon said wanting revenge and then she left Tiffany’s side. That’s when Tiffany noticed her bloody nose.

 

[At the end of the night, we caught Jessica leaving Tiffany’s party like a hero. Too bad for her that she must attend to school on Monday. So see you soon, ex queen bee. You know you love me, xoxo Gossip Girl]