Chapter 7

Bloodline

 

Shin glares at the clock in the classroom. Su has not returned and she had those strange, but handsome, men stuck in her head. However, one of them stood out the most. His eyes are beautiful, in her opinion. 
 
 
 
"Shin, what are you thinking about?" A quiet voice whispers in her ear. The young college student nearly jumps out of her seat as she looks to her side and sees D.O, otherwise known as Kyungsoo.  A soft sigh escapes Shin's lips as he looks at the man beside her.
 
 
 
"It's Su, she has not come here for almost a week. It worries me because she is putting her future on a thin thread that may not fixed once it's broken." A frustrated sigh is all that is heard from her as she hides her face in her hands. Her teacher is almost done with his lecture, so it wouldn't matter if she did not pay attention for the last few minutes. 
 
 
 
"Sometimes, there are different paths one will take. Sometimes those paths are chosen for them before they even leave their mother's womb. Su is one of those people. Her destiny was sadly chosen after her existence was known." Kyungsoo knows Shin would never understand unless Kai told Su what was in store. He is right, Shin looks at him and chuckles. 
 
 
 
"If anything stands in her way that can limit her, then she will definitely get rid of it in order to live her life as she wants. In some way it scares me, but it reassures me that she will never change." All that the vampire can do is smile ruefully at his friend. If only he could change both their destinies. However he must abide to all the rules the EXO-K coven demands. 
 
 
 
"Well, we should go. The lecture just finished. Just make copies of your notes so Su can study from them." Both friends stand up and head over to the main hall of the university. 
 
 
 
"I don't want to go home. I know Su is not there to bug me, but somehow I still want someone to be there." A small pout forms on Shin's lips.
 
 
 
"Why not go over to a small cafe to get something to eat and maybe just do some homework there. Most college students do that so it wouldn't be bad, right?" Shin thinks about it over carefully and smiles. 
 
 
 
"I guess I will. You're coming with me!" Shin grabs Kyungsoo's arm and begins to drag the older away with her with a smile. The vampire chuckles as he moves his legs faster in order to keep up with the boisterous girl before him. 
 
 
 
The streets are filled with people, making it hard to find a nice cafe to do homework and simply relax. Even so, Shin manages to get through. Coffee is the one thing that keeps her awake when she goes for many hours without sleep. However Kyungsoo never has to suffer about sleep deprivation. Once inside the cafe, Kyungsoo walks over to a table and takes Shin's belongings to set them down next to the table.
 
 
 
"Aigoo, oppa. I swear, you'd be the ideal type for girl out there." Kyungsoo can only merely laugh at the very statement. Yes, he had heard that from many of the girls he had met throughout his immortal life. Well, except Su. Many people were surprised about Su being in Kai's life, but soon everyone accepted the human girl, and they too had grown attached to her, as well as Shin. The very thought of them being in danger because of the EXO-K clan made him lament on things they have done. 
 
 
 
"Anyways, go order and I will pay for you." Shin is about to argue, but the wide-eyed male gives her a stern look. A pout slithers across her lips and crosses her arms in defeat. An exasperated sigh also leaves her lips. 
 
 
 
"Fine, but only this one time." Both head over to the cashier and look up at the menu. Kyungsoo orders coffee and a small pastry to go along the caffeinated drink. He waits for Shin to order her Red Bean milk tea along with a pastry and he pays. They both head back to the table with their order and sit.
 
 
 
"It's been a long day. How long do you think Su will be gone?" This is what he always asks, mainly because Su herself asked him to do so. He never understood as to why, but he did anyways. 
 
 
 
"I think she will be back in three days, like always. She always leaves me alone at the random est of times! I don't know why she doesn't go to school as much as before anymore! It truly frustrates me, but I am unable to do anything about it." Yes, it's true. Su has been taking more missions lately, and not even Kai knew why. He knows what will happen to her, especially since they both Su and Kai are so close.
 
 
 
"Yes, hopefully she will come back unharmed and well like always. That will better than her being hurt." That is all he can do for the worrisome friend that he feels like protecting. Shin and Su are like his sisters. Young and fragile, the world against them. He however, will be the wall that will be willing to stand to protect them from any harms way.
 
 
 
"So, what should we study?" Study, and wait. That is all everyone is able to do.
 

 

How's it going bros?~ I am finally updating XD *throws confetti for all you impatient souls* Anyways. This is a chapter introducing Kyungsoo as a character. I will be doing the same with the rest of the guys and the story line will continue on smoothly with drama, plot twists, and much more vampire fun. Til next time~