Daddy Hurts

Daddy! Daddy! Request Closed

"Mommy hurts! Hurts!" Little Hyunjoon was crying in his mom's arms. Hyunjoon was sick having a high fever and a sore throat. He didn't like the sore and scratchy feeling he had in his throat and cried more.

"It's ok baby! Appa went to get medicine for you to feel better. You're fine." Kira rubbed his back trying her best to comfort her son. She held him tighter and gave him a kiss on his forehead. It was the first time that Hyunjoon got sick and it scared her a lot.

"Mommy I want it to go away! Hurts Mommy hurts!" Hyunjoon continued to cry wailing louder and louder.

"I know Joonie I know. It's going to be ok. Drink some water. If you cry more, the more it will hurt." Kira grabbed Hyunjoon's sippy cup and gave it to him. Hyunjoon drank the water and soon got tried of crying and now just sniffling. He rested his heavy head on his on Kira's shoulder. As he was dozing off, Woobin came through the door.

"Babe I got Joonie's medicine!" Woobin walked to his wife and checked up on his son. He moved Hyunjoon's bangs and wiped his tears as Hyunjoon was in his mother's arms.

"Daddy hurts! Hurts bad!" Hyunjoon started to tear up again.

"It's ok Hyunjoon. Mommy and Daddy will make you feel better." Woobin said comfortly trying to soothe his son.

"Take Hyunjoon. I'll go get his medicine ready." Kira handed Woobin Hyunjoon and went into the kitchen. Woobin then took his son and sat on the couch. He rocked Hyunjoon back and forth making him as comfortable as he can. Woonin felt bad as Hyunjoon caught the strep from him. He wish that he could make Hyunjoon feel better as soon as possible, but Woobin knew it would take a couple of days. Then Kira came with Hyunjoon's medicine.

"Joonie come here. Time to take your medicine." Hyunjoon squirmed in Woobin's arms. He didn't want to take the icky tastying medicine even though it was make him feel better.

"No! Mommy no! Gross! Joonie don't like!" Hyunjoon started crying again. He was cranky from the soreness of his throat and head. Hyunjoon tried to get out of Woobin's arms, but didn't escape from his dad's strong arms.

"Joonie it's ok! Daddy promise. The medicine will make you feel better." Woobin tried to calm him down wiping his tears away. He never liked it when his son was sick or in pain. It hurt him when Hyunjoon was crying and couldn't take away the pain.

"If you take the medicine, your throat won't hurt anymore. Appa will let you eat some candy if you take the medicine." Hyunjoon stopped crying and thought about it.

"Ok. I'll eat it." Hyunjoon said tiredly. He didn't want his throat to be sore or have a headache anymore. Kira took the medicine and let Hyunjoon drink the syrup. Hyunjoon gave them a sour look from the taste of the medicine making them laugh.

"Good Boy!" Woobin gave him a kiss and a piece of candy. "Honey! Can you watch Joonie while I make some lunch?"

Woobin nodded and replied,"Yeah. I will!" Kira smiled and went to the kitchen to make lunch. Woobin cradled Hyunjoon seeing that he was sleepy. He carefully laid down trying not to wake him up. Woobin patted his back and started humming a song to lull Hyunjoon to sleep. Seeing that Hyunjoon's eyes were closing, Woobin too decided to take a nap too.

Kira though it was odd that her usually two loud boys were quiet. She went to go see what happened and went to the living room. There she found them sleeping on the couch. Kira smiled at the cute site. With Hyunjoon asleep on Woobin's chest, Kira gently kissed both of them and pulling a blanket to cover them.