Lethal Attraction

SpartAce Oneshots Collection

A/N: Office AU. Slightly rated. 


 

" L e t h a l  A t t r a c t i o n "

 

For all that it mattered, what on earth was she doing?

That was a question she didn’t know anymore, and all that remained was just an odd, bitter taste in . She could try to convince herself that it didn’t matter, because nothing really did, but then she would be lying to herself.

She couldn’t remember much even when she thought hard about it. Just countless of sleepless nights and tired mornings.

But one thing for sure, it all started when he first appeared in her life two years ago.

At that time, she was just a miserable lowly office worker who had to work her arse off for every single assignments she was given. Standing by the reception counter, she was waiting for the receptionist to return with the stacks of information she needed, when the elevator to the thirty-fifth floor of RM headquarters sprung opened.

Her head instinctively shot up and she could almost swore it was love at first sight, but she was too stubborn to believe in that kind of sappy romance stuff.

He stepped out of the elevator like some model walking down the runway and oozing with confidence–the neatly knotted tie, black blazer, fitting white collar shirt, black slacks, one hand in pocket the other holding onto a briefcase, brown hair that was messily styled and coupled with his smiling eyes. She had never, ever seen anyone looking so hot and attractive in an otherwise ordinary black-and-white business suit.

It was really unfair.

Suddenly she felt like she was wearing too many layers of clothing in regards to how hot the room had become. Good thing he hadn’t noticed her staring intently at him like he was a piece of meat to be devoured.

At least she hoped not.

She quickly turned her head to stare at the reception desk before he could notice, and the next thing she knew, he had walked up to her with an incredibly charming smile on his face. If she didn’t think he could be any more hotter, she was so wrong when she heard him speak in his velvety voice.

“Excuse me, I’m looking for the director’s office?”

And then she replied him, all impassive and straight to the point, perhaps even a little annoyed, “If you open your eyes and look, there’s a map right beside the elevator that would direct you to the office you want.”

He stared at her, perhaps not expecting her response to be so curt. His expression was mixed somewhere between surprised and miffed, the corner of his lips twitching as if he couldn’t decide whether to frown or to smirk.

Eventually he went with the latter, and she couldn’t believe how he could still look so dashing even with such an irritable smirk on.

“I saw that, but figured it’d be faster to ask someone instead. Thanks for your non-existent help, heartless woman.”

Arsehole.

In that less than a minute interaction, he was officially dubbed as one in her dictionary. Granted, she might have been sassing off again, but he had called her heartless just because she wasn’t in the ‘oh-I’d-love-to-help-you’ mood. Nowhere was he entitled to get her help if she didn’t want to.

“You’re so welcome, all high and mighty guy” She hissed and gave him a look that could jolly well kill someone before storming back to her office, ignoring the confused receptionist who had just came back with the stack of paper that she wanted.

The very next day, he officially joined them and was introduced at the conference by their department director, Yoo Jaesuk. That was how it all started, and how he ended up one cubicle down hers with the intent to make her life as miserable as possible.

And that was two years ago.

Now she stood round the corner of the familiar corridor, her clipboard and the stack of paper held closely to her chest as she stared at the white wall lost in thoughts.

She could hear them clearly; hear the way that woman laughed elegantly at something he just said. They seemed friendly, and were getting a bit too friendly for her liking these few days. She knew that that woman had liked him, ever since he first stepped into the conference room two years ago and flashed them his signature killer smile.

She was no match for her.

She wasn’t your ‘I-need-to-be-prettier-than-you’ woman, she did not purposely walk graceful like a cat nor would she laugh daintily like a shy little girl just to attract the attention of the men.

She was just Song Jihyo, the bossy, stern, department manager who barked at those who made mistakes and caused them to feel like they were a worthless piece of crap.

She had her reputation to maintain.

It didn’t matter that that cynical arsehole Kim Jongkook got along with her, Song Jihyo, the best, because she’s the cold icy queen and that was why she got promoted to a manager a year ago.

Along with that jerk, she might add. It took her a month to suppress the urge to stab him in the chest with some pointed weapon when he rubbed the fact in her face that even though he came to the company later than she did, they got promoted at the same time.

He infuriated her in a way she never thought it was even possible, and that was when she realized she might be a closet sadist, because she actually liked it.

That one week when he had to fly out of the country on behalf of the company, she missed his presence far greater than she expected. She couldn’t imagine her future without that stupid guy, and that thought alone scared her.

Song Jihyo did not need any man in her life. She was an independent woman.

-

“Did the company hire you to do work or stare into space?”

Her head shot up at the sound of the familiar voice, her expression becoming guarded once again as she shot the person a death glare.

“Mind your own business, Kim arsehole,” she mocked. “I was about to photocopy and send the report over but you were flirting in that room and hindering me from doing my work.”

With a hiss, she waved the stack of paper right in his face before sashaying to the now empty photocopier room.

“Are you jealous?” A smirk appeared on Jongkook’s face as he followed after her into the small room.

Jihyo flashed a disgusted look at him in disbelief.

“Me? Jealous?” She huffed, pulling the tray rather brutally as it screeched under her force. “Did you forget to take your medicine this morning? I suggest that you take double dose of it right now.”

No. Of course not. Of course she wasn’t jealous.

“Tch. Would it kill for you to be nice to me even for just a second?”

“Over my dead body.” She pressed a few buttons as the machine started scanning noisily. She turned around and faced him, leaning her weight against the photocopier.

“Do enlighten me with the reason why you’re still here.”

Jongkook crossed his arms and shuffled forward, shrugging his shoulders at Jihyo.

“No reason.”

“So much for an answer.” She rolled her eyes at him. “What did Eunhye want with you anyway?”

“A date.”

She stiffened, but quickly hid her discomfort with a fake smile. “Really? Congrats for finally getting laid. Or about to get laid.”

“I didn’t agree.” Jongkook stared at her, and Jihyo swore it seemed for a moment that it was as if he could read into her mind. She swallowed and stomped down the nervousness she was suddenly feeling.

“Why not? Unless you are gay?” She asked, the habit to push past his patience level was basically one of her reflex reaction now.

Jongkook frowned, and took a few steps forward after deciding something. It was then Jihyo realized that she might have gone too far with her words when he put his hands on each side of the photocopier– trapping her on the spot and between his arms.

“Really? You truly think I’m a gay? Do you want to try finding out for yourself if I’m really a gay or not?” He edged even closer towards her, and Jihyo could practically feel his warm breath hitting softly on her.

Suddenly there was a shift in the atmosphere, and it felt as if the temperature in the room had gone ten times hotter for both of them.

Jihyo stared at him, refusing to back down. But when she saw how his gaze was darting between her eyes and her lips, her heart started thumping even faster, and there was a certain urge growing in the pit of her stomach.

“I…” He trailed off, as if unsure whether to continue or not.

Something akin to that of a realization flickered over her eyes and she could sense him hesitating, but it was too late to back out now that it had come to this. Her gaze strayed down unconsciously when he his lips and reached up to cup her cheek gently.

“Can I…”

Jihyo’s reply was obvious when she decided to go along with her instinct– closing the short distance between them as she stood on her tiptoes and letting their lips come in contact. Her hands moved as if they had a mind of their own, running up and down his hard chest before being buried in his soft hair.

Pushing her against the photocopier machine, he kissed her as just passionately, gently on her soft, warm lips before tilting his head further for a deeper kiss.

God help him because he had been wanting to know how those pink, alluring lips tasted like ever since the first time he lay his eyes on her. The way her confidence extruded off her even by merely just standing there by the receptionist counter, the way her brows tilted when she frowned, and how her bright eyes narrowed when he came over to speak with her. The way she bit her lips and stomped off when he angered her.

She was the most blunt and infuriating woman he had ever met, but there was just something about her that attracted him like no other. Every little gestures of her stored vividly in his memory, how helpless he was when it came to her and making her angry on purpose just to watch her reactions.

A fuming and provoked Jihyo was at any times better than a stoic and impassive Jihyo.

“Jongkook,” she moaned against his lips and he took the chance to dive his tongue into , fire lighting up inside of him after hearing the breathy way she said his name. Usually she referred to him as ‘arsehole’, or Kim Jongkook-ssi when in a formal setting. He decided that although he didn’t mind the sort of nicknames she gave him, he liked the current way she just said his name– hungry and full of desire.

His hands roamed down her body, slowly and sensually, before reaching down to her hips. They stayed there, that was until she lifted her leg against him and her black skirt rose dangerously up her thigh. He took the chance to move his hand again, fondling her as she whimpered in their kiss.

Her eyes fluttered, hands reaching inside of his blazer to touch his chest, finding the thin fabric a real hindrance while running up his broad, muscular shoulders. She remembered the times she mocked him for his useless muscles that often cause him discomfort over the tight sleeves area, but right now she was more than contented for them. She’s not going to admit that she had always wondered how his muscles would felt against her touch.

She moved and tried to yank him down so that he would be more level with her, but she felt his mouth leaving hers and trailing down her neck. She stifled the moans in , face flushing at the feeling of his tongue against her neck and down to her collarbone, his fingers un-buttoning her shirt whilst and along the way as though trying to devour her.

She sighed blissfully, weaving her fingers through his soft hair before pulling his face back to hers, savoring the taste of his lips again until she suddenly found herself trapped between him and the photocopier, her thighs clenched tightly around his waist and his hips grinding into hers.

The stack of report she was photocopying.

The photocopier that had stopped printing.

They were in the copy room that was accessible to everyone.


Her eyes immediately sprung opened at those thoughts, chiding herself for being so easily distracted by his kiss and tender touches that she forgot her initial purpose for coming into the copy room.

It was certainly a welcomed distraction for her, but it was at the wrong place and wrong timing.

“W-wait,” she mumbled against his fierce kisses. “Jongkook, the p-photocopier!”

Yet, he didn’t stop, and instead pulled her even closer towards him, causing her to be made well aware of the bulge in his pants. It’s enough to almost make her abandon all thoughts and get it on with him right now and there, but the rational side of her is yelling insanely to stop before one of their co-workers walk in on them any moment.

“W-we have to stop!” She stuttered, staring into his dark eyes that were so full of desire. If they weren’t still in the office and in the copy room no less right now, she would have just flat out give in to him, for she knew her own desire wasn’t any lesser than his.

“You don’t want…?”

God, that look of his made her want to kiss him senselessly again.

“N-no, it’s… we’re in the copy room, Kim Jongkook you arsehole.” She hissed at him. Had he not realise that at all yet?

Jongkook blinked, finally grasping the issue and grinned sheepishly at her. He gave her another quick kiss on the lips, smile reaching up to his eyes as her cheeks turned rosy upon his action.

“I thought you liked being .”

He winced when she grabbed his hair and pulled his head back with a glare.

“See? .”

“Shut up or I’ll kick you where it hurts most.” She threatened, wanting to wipe that smirk off his handsome face. Still as annoying as before. “Go back to your office, there’s still three hours left before knocking off for the day.”

“You’re dismissing me off after making me like this?” He gestured vaguely to the bulge in his pants and Jihyo felt a little bad for that.

“I think you can hold it for another three hours.” She said, albeit rather unsure about it. She bit her lip, and then looked back at him firmly.

“We’ll continue it later,” she promised, and Jongkook swore the bulge in his pants might have gotten even more obvious with the way she looked at him like that, the very same desire mirroring back in both of them.

He sighed, resigning to fate and wrapping his arms around her waist for one last kiss, cherishing the affectionate way she responded back to him, knowing very well it wasn’t just purely a lust-thing they were having.

It’s love and they both clearly knew that.

“I’ll see you later, I have to send the papers to the director's office now.” She murmured, releasing herself from him to fix her un-buttoned shirt and skirt that had ridden up her thighs. Thank god no one had walked in on them all these while.

“From now on you better stay away from your female colleagues, or I’ll let you have a taste of what regret is,” she huffed, sending a rare pouty look at him as she grabbed the stack of papers from the photocopier machine, and left the room without so much of a glance.

Jongkook chuckled to himself as he watched her disappearing back view, taking a longer time to readjust himself and the discomfort in his pants before leaving the copy room as well.

All these time, there’s no one else but her, and only her.

-

//continued next chapter. 

-