Garlic, Cross and Silver Bullet

SpartAce Oneshots Collection

Warning: Contains major swearing. If you're below 13 years old or has a phobia of blood, or dislike anything that got to do with vampire, I suggest you skip this oneshot.


 

" G a r l i c ,  C r o s s  a n d  S i l v e r  B u l l e t "

 

The night sky was void of the usual glowing pale moon and twinkling stars when Jongkook woke up from his restless slumber in alert. It had been ages since he was able to have a proper sleep, and probably would never get to even in the future. He stretched his arms, wincing in pain when he overdid it, almost accidentally reopening his recent wound on his back.

A cold gush of wind suddenly blew into the semi-warm room. He turned his head, eyes narrowing upon the opened window. It was strange. He was very certain that he didn't leave it open in the first place. Therefore it could only meant one thing.

Someone opened the window and broke into his room. However the fact that he didn't detect it until now was something that bothered him. If the person wanted to kill him, he would have been long dead by now.

"You could have at least close the window," he grouse nonetheless, scuffing his messy brown hair in slight annoyance. He swore he heard a muffled 'sorry' as a hooded figure emerged from a dark corner of the room, closing the window shut.

Jongkook held his gaze on the figure. Judging by the slender figure and the way the hooded figure moved with such grace, it had to be a woman. One who was too obedient for her own good. Who in their right mind would close the window just because they were asked to by some stranger whose room they broke into? It didn't really make sense at all.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He remarked bluntly, and was rather nonchalant about the whole circumstances of someone breaking into his house.

Unbearable silence engulfed them until a choking "yes" echoed throughout the room. Jongkook was left speechless as he contemplated on what to do next. He really didn't expect an answer, and a soundingly yes too. The ridge between his eyebrows furrowed together as he took an array of things from under the bed.

The hooded figure scrutinised him from where she stood by the window in silence. Jongkook held up a string of garlics and looked at her. There was no response, so he held the cross out next. He swished the cross around in the air as if playing with it. Again, silence. However this time before he could do anything else, she finally spoke.

"Don't ing play with me. You're a vampire hunter, you jolly well know what kills a vampire," she hissed in irritation.

The next thing she knew, he was behind her in a flash, gun pointing directly at her temple. "Do you seriously want a silver bullet through your head?" She flinched, not because of the gun but at the feeling of his warm breath right beside her ear.

"Just pull the darn trigger."

"Give me a good reason to."

"It's not my choice to be a vampire, so just ing pull the trigger you bastard!" She yelled and subsequently collapsed onto the floor in a heap. There was a seemingly choking noise from her. One that sounded suspiciously like crying of sort.

Jongkook kept his gun and knelt beside her. His expression indescribable.

"Why...why did you run away from us in the first place?"

The hooded figure looked up at him with wide eyes. "Y-you knew it was me? Even with the mask on?"

"How long have we been working together, Jihyo-yah? Even if you turn to ashes I'd still recognise you. Your scent gave you away this time though."

"My scent?" She pulled the collar of her shirt up and sniffed. It smelled alright to her.

"Don't worry, it's not odour I'm talking about," Jongkook chuckled at her reaction despite the situation.

"How could you still joke around like that!" Jihyo grumbled, wiping the streaks of tears on her face with the back of her hand. The expression on Jongkook's face suddenly turned grave.

"Jihyo, look up at me."

She kept quiet and refused to look at him; head bowing low and staring at the floor instead.

"Jihyo, look at me please," Jongkook pleaded, but she just refused to no matter what. Left with no other choice, he pulled down the hood and removed her mask off as gently as possible, in fear of scaring her away. He cupped her chin with his thumb and index finger, slowly forcing her to meet his eyes. Surprisingly, Jihyo didn't protest. There was a pang of pain surging through him when he saw her pale face and swollen eyes. He wiped the remains of her tears away before embracing her in a tight hug.

Jihyo returned the embrace, finally breaking down after enduring for so long. She buried her head into his wide chest and sobbed even harder. Jongkook her hair and let her be. The sound of her cries hurt him more than anything else, and Jongkook swore he would never forgive the one who turned and made her miserable. He would hunt to the end of the world for that son of a regardless of anything.

They stayed in that position for some time until her sobbing gradually died down and Jihyo released her hold on Jongkook. "Oppa, sorry, your shirt is all ruined because of me," she sniffed.

"It's just a shirt, Jihyo-yah, I can always buy a new one," he didn't care even if she ruined all his shirts. As long as she was okay, he was even willing to sacrifice his own life.

 "Are you thirsty?" He inquired, noticing that her eyes were pure black. Even her lips seemed to be completely drained of colour.

Jihyo bit her lips in hesitation before shaking her head. Jongkook frowned. "Have you tried drinking..."

"No." Her reply was firm, but her gaze soon mellowed down as she stared at the floor again. "I... couldn't bear to..."

Jongkook sighed. "Song Jihyo! You're seriously trying to get yourself killed, aren't you?"

"...I'm already dead once."

Jongkook was once again left rather speechless. "What am I ever going to do with you?" He mumbled to himself while tucking Jihyo's loose strands of hair behind her ear. He hesitated at first, but soon scoped her up easily, carrying her bridal style from the floor and onto the bed. Jihyo didn't resist for she was too exhausted to do so and had a blank expression on her face. Jongkook shook his head to himself, moving effortlessly around the room before coming back to her with a cup filled with red liquid in his hand.

Jihyo looked at him with a questioning look when he held the drink to her. She frowned and looked away after Jongkook nodded his head silently, refusing to touch the cup filled with the offending liquid.  

"Please?" He tried to coax but Jihyo remained stubborn.

"Then please forgive me for doing this."

Jihyo only managed to widen her eyes at the sight of Jongkook drinking a mouthful of the liquid when she suddenly felt a pair of warm lips on hers. She gasped in surprise at how the intimate contact seemed to set her skin on fire, leaving her wanting for more. Jongkook took the chance to delve his tongue in, subsequently transferring the red liquid he was holding in his mouth to her little by little.

She was rather annoyed when she finally realized what Jongkook was doing, and tried to push him away. But all it did was make herself even more flustered when he circled his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She gave up resisting when the effect of the liquid took place, for the room seemed ten times warmer than it was and she could hear both their heavy breathing. All she knew right now was that blood didn't taste as awful as it should be and how this burning feeling intensified whenever his tongue gently brushed against hers. As if having a mind of its own, her hands slowly s their way to the back of Jongkook's neck to steady herself while she began on his wet tongue coated with the red liquid.

Jongkook didn't expect the act of trying to get Jihyo to drink would turn into a makeout session, a deep growl resonating from his throat despite trying his best to hold it in. "Jihyo..." He moaned into , forcing himself to stop even though somewhere deep inside of him desperately wanted to continue exploring that sweet cavern of hers since goodness how long. She wasn't ready yet. And perhaps, she never will. But one thing was for sure.

He loved her.

Not as a brother, a friend or even as work partner. But as her other half who will spend the rest of their life together. She was his joy, his life, his everything. Without her, he probably wouldn't even be here at all; the sole reason why he was such a wreck when she disappeared. It took quite a few punches from his mentor to wake him up and get back on track. Now that she's back, he's never leaving his sight off her again.

Jihyo pursed her lips and sulked when the warmth of his lips against hers was gone, only to be replaced by gush of cold night air. Jongkook chuckled at her expression, tucking strands of stray hair behind her ear out of habit. "I don't want you to do something that you might regret later..." he muttered, but Jihyo heard each and every word clearly. She gritted her teeth, grasped her fingers into a fist and hit Jongkook right in the chest. Hard.

"You're such an idiot!" She yelled before launching herself towards him and wrapping him in an embrace.

Jongkook was thoroughly confusedly at her wide display of emotions and could only hug her back while at a total loss on what to do. His chest actually hurt from her strong punch despite her seemingly petite figure.

"Jihyo...?" He called out tentatively when he felt the back of his shirt getting wet.

"You really are an idiot..." She sniffed before releasing her hold on him. "What makes you think I'll regret it?" She placed her hand right over her chest where her heart was. "This heart may now beat a lot slower than a normal human being, but it will be always beating for you."

It took a while for Jongkook to get the meaning behind it but when he eventually did, Jihyo swore that's one of the widest smile she had ever seen on his face.

"Jihyo, I..."

"-love you. I know." Jihyo smiled, reaching her hand to his face, fingers lightly cupping his cheek. Jongkook leaned into her hand in contentment, closing his eyes for a brief moment.

"But still, Jihyo-yah, finish drinking that cup of blood will you?"

Jihyo pouted. "Do I really have to? You already fed me some earlier on."

"Should I continue feeding you then?" Jongkook asked suggestively, pulling Jihyo towards himself so that she now sat on his lap instead. Jihyo's face instantly turned hot and bothered. "Not that I mind..." She whispered against his mouth, more than happy to have the warmth from his lips back on hers.

-

//end.

-