Pork Or Chicken?

SpartAce Oneshots Collection

A/N: In which Jongkook and Jihyo are High School teachers, and the rest of the RM cast are students. Crackfic; inspired by a fic on fanfiction.net.


 

" P o r k  O r  C h i c k e n ? "

 

It was like any ordinary day at Running Man high school, as the corridor burst alive with all the kids running and yelling about the moment the bell rung. Two particular teachers was observing the actions of their students from their desks through the windows at the faculty office.

One of them, a woman in her early thirties, sighed adorably when she saw a pair of students interacting with each other.

“They look so cute together, don’t you think so?” She gushed, but when there was no response from the other party, she turned to face him, and in a sharper tone repeated her question. “Don’t you think so, Jongkook-ssi? It’s rude not to answer someone’s question.”

The other teacher spared a quick glance at her and was almost tempted to roll his eyes. “You do the weirdest things, Jihyo. I don’t get your purpose nor fascination for doing this.”

His reply earned him a death glare from the woman.

“It’s called shipping, and there is nothing weird about it.” Jihyo crossed her arms before continuing, “Of course you don’t get it, since you’re such an ahjusshi.”

“Like you’re any younger yourself,” Jongkook retorted, ignoring how Jihyo’s eyes narrowed at him in annoyance. “Beside, was it really worth it to spend your whole lunch break watching them? You’re like some stalker... or a sasaeng fan.”

Jihyo glared back with more ferocity than ever. “I’m not! You don’t have to be here if it bothers you so much.”

Jongkook sighed, knowing Jihyo was reaching her limit and he should stop teasing her. “You’re so immature sometimes, no wonder the students all love you.”

The female teacher’s glare turned into a smile at his words, choosing to ignore the part about her being immature. “Of course, I’m young at heart! Unlike you who is an old man, and acts like a century-old man.”

-

“Psss, do you guys think our seonsaeng-nims are dating?” A short chubby guy asked the rest of the gang as they all huddled around the window, not so subtly watching the two teachers’ interaction.

“What are you talking about, Haha? Of course they are! I bet you a month’s worth of lunch money that they’re dating each other.”

“Kwangsoo-ya, why do you seem so confident that they are? Do you know something that we don’t know?”

“W-what? Eyy, Jaesuk hyung, I just think they are. Have you seen how they behave around each other? It’s obvious they’re together.”

“I agree with Kwangsoo, they look too intimate with each other to be just purely colleagues.”

“Not you too, Sukjin hyung.”

“You don’t look too happy about it, Gary hyung.”

“He has a crush on Jihyo seonsaeng-nim, of course he’s not happy about it.”

“Yah, Haha! You promised not to tell anyone about that!”

“Oops, my bad...I’ll treat you to ice cream later to make it up.”

“But they aren’t dating, are they?”

“Whether they are or not, you don’t stand a chance, Gary-ya. Life’s unfair, learn to deal with it.”

-

Tapping her heels on the floor, Jihyo momently stopped watching the horde of students through the window and pushed away from the desk; her chair rolling backwards and a serious look on her as she called out, “Jongkook oppa?”

“Yes?” The male teacher replied, even though his eyes were trained on the stack of test papers he was currently grading. Jihyo turned and wheeled her chair around to get a better look at her companion.

“What do you want for dinner?”

Jongkook paused in his task, before decisively answering her, “Chicken.”

Her brows furrowed slightly at that, and she asked again, “How about pork?”

“Chicken.”

“Why not pork?”

“Chicken.”

“Pork?”

The older male sighed, knowing he was never going to get what he wanted, only because she knew he would ultimately give in to her at the end. He always do. “Yes, Jihyo, I’d like to have pork for dinner.”

There was a huge smile on Jihyo’s face as she nodded, clearly satisfied with his answer. “Good, because I’ve just learned a new way to cook pork. I hope I won’t burn it too terribly this time.”

After that, a comfortable silence soon lapsed in between them, with the scratching of pens on papers and occasional rolling of wheels. It wasn’t long before Jihyo spoke again.

“Oppa,”

“What is it, Jihyo?” This time round he stopped entirely in his task and turned his chair, giving his full attention to her.

A grin lingered near her lips as she drummed her fingers on the desk. “How long do you think it’ll take for the students to realize we’re married?”

“Jihyo?” Jongkook asked solemnly.

“Yeah?” She arched her eyebrows at the seriousness of his tone.

“Stop talking.”

A mischievous smile spread across Jihyo’s face as she leaned in teasingly. “Make me.”

-

“God! They’re KISSING!”

“A-ha! I told you so, now everyone give me your lunch money.” Everyone grumbled as they handed Kwangsoo the money, except for Haha who bet the same with Kwangsoo, and Sukjin who refused to bet on anything.

“Seriously Kwangsoo, you already knew they were dating, don’t you?” Jaesuk looked at the tall lanky guy questioningly.

“Well... “ Kwangsoo hesitated, wondering if he should spill the beans as he kept all the money he won securely in his pocket. “They aren’t dating–”

“I told you so–”

“–they’re married. I live next to their apartment and see them everyday.”

“Yah Kwangsoo, you cheater!!!”

-

//end. 

-