Hugs and Kisses

SpartAce Oneshots Collection

A/N: This chapter isn't exactly an oneshot since it has no storyline, more like a compilation of drabbles. 


 

" H u g s  a n d  K i s s e s "

 

“See? I won again!” Jihyo bobbed her head with a smirk on her face. “You’re never going to beat me in car racing, Jongkook oppa. Give up on it while you can.”

 

Jongkook frowned and refused to admit defeat to her. The competitive trait in him flaring up. “How are you so good at it? Let’s play again.”

 

“Why are you so persistent on winning?” Jihyo sighed as the screen out and the game restarted. They raced each other once more, but this time Jongkook finally won over her and he shouted in victory, fist pumping the air uncharacteristically.

 

“I told you I’m going to win,” he grinned at her, and Jihyo burst out laughing at seeing how childish her boyfriend was behaving.

 

“Ne, of course, you’re the best.” Jihyo relented and kissed his cheek.

 

Men and their so called pride. He really didn’t need to know that she lost to him on purpose.

 

***

 

Jongkook sulked to himself, silently brooding over the fact that he couldn’t get Jihyo’s attention despite his not so subtle attempts at it. Jihyo was too engrossed in watching her drama—more like obsessing over the lead actor—and had not once given a look his way.

 

What’s worse, was that this was her nth time watching that drama. What was so interesting about the story or the actor anyway, he never understood, because apparently they held her utmost attention than he could.

 

Sighing inwardly, he flickered his gaze back on the television screen to see the lead male confessing his love to the lead female. He raised his eyebrow and looked back at Jihyo’s face, only to see her going gaga over it.

 

He was still not getting her obsession over it. Tilting backwards so that his head rested over the edge of the couch, he stared up at the ceiling and wondered what he should do while being ignored by Jihyo. He was, however, genuinely surprised when a few seconds later he felt something warm pressed against his lips.

 

He blinked, and looked at Jihyo who was now hovering above him. “

 

You’re pouting, oppa, and it’s distracting me from my show.” She snickered and gave him another peck on his lips.

 

Obviously Jongkook wasn’t satisfied with that after having been ignored for so long, and pulled her down for a more passionate kiss this time.

 

The show was long forgotten after that.

 

***

 

Staring into the full length mirror, Jihyo frowned as she saw her own reflection, feeling rather insecure about her own body.

 

“You’re fine the way you are, jagiya.” She could hear Jongkook’s voice from outside the fitting room.

 

“How would you know what I’m thinking? You can’t read mind, oppa.” Jihyo retorted back, but there was a surge of happiness bubbling from beneath upon hearing his words.

 

“There can only be one reason when a woman stands in front of a mirror for so long whilst trying out clothes.” After a short pause, he spoke again. “Can I come in?”

 

She hesitated but nodded her head, before realizing he couldn’t see from outside.

 

“You can come in, oppa.” She could see a look of astonishment on his face from the mirror as he opened the curtain slightly to come in. She pouted at her boyfriend as he encircled his arms around her waist from behind.

 

“You’re gorgeous, Jihyo-yah.” He whispered into her ear and tightened his hold on her. A flush slowly crept over her face at his compliment. “See that girl in the mirror? She’s perfect and I’m going to marry her one day.”

 

Jihyo said nothing, and instead turned around to kiss him in the mouth.

 

***

 

“It’s so sad,” Jihyo sobbed as she blew her nose, adding another one to the huge pile of used tissue scattered around the table and the floor.

 

“Would you cry if I died?” She turned to face Jongkook—who was sitting silently beside her on the couch— after having just finished watching a tragedy romance drama and directing the question to him purely out of impulse.

 

“No.” The answer was surprisingly painful for her to hear.

 

“Oh,” she nodded her head and looked back at the television screen, trying to mask the disappointment and hurt she was feeling at the moment. A fresh wave of tears almost on its way, but strong arms made their way around her waist and suddenly she was on his lap, looking into his eyes.

 

“I said no, because I won’t be able to cry at all. I don’t think I’d have the courage to carry on, for life without you is meaningless.” His thumb brushed the remnant of her tears off from her face gently. “Therefore you’re not allowed to die before I do. I won’t permit it.”

 

Her face broke into a smile and she hit his chest playfully. “You’re so selfish.”

 

“Too late to realize that because you’ll never shake me off.”

 

***

 

"Appa, can we get a pet, please?" asked little Hyemi as she looked up at her father with big doe-like eyes. She giggled uncontrollable when Jongkook started tickling her on the side before settling her down on his lap.

 

"Did Hyemi behave today?"

 

Hyemi nodded her head vigorously. "Ne, appa. I helped eomma today and she said I'm a good girl."

 

Jongkook smiled at her daughter in approval. "That’s my girl. What does Hyemi want as a pet then?" Hyemi’s face brightened up instantly at her father’s words.

 

"You're spoiling her, yeobo." Jihyo's voice rang from inside the bedroom. Jongkook only chuckled and ruffled her daughter's hair, and Hyemi took it as a sign that it was okay for her to speak.

 

"I want a tiger cub, appa."

 

“A... tiger cub?”

 

“Ne, appa. Baby tigers. I saw it on the tv just now.”

 

“How about a puppy? A puppy is just as cute too.”

 

“I want a tiger cub, appa.”

 

“I told you that’s impossible, Hyemi.” There was a stern look on Jihyo’s face as she came out from the bedroom with a basket full of laundry.

 

“But eomma...”

 

“No buts, Hyemi. Finish your homework and then it’s time to sleep.” Hyemi pouted but obeyed and slid down from her father’s lap. Jongkook gave a kiss on his daughter’s forehead before she ran back to her room.

 

Jongkook couldn’t help but feel bad, seeing how his daughter had been so well behaved and always listening to their words. He made it up to her though, when he bought home a tiger cub stuffed toy the very next day. The tiger cub remained loyally by her side even when Hyemi had grown up from a little girl to a woman.

 

***

 

“Appa, appa! Do push-ups with me on your back!” Hyemi shouted and laughed as she climbed onto her father’s back, grabbing his shirt tightly to prevent herself from falling off. Jongkook chuckled at how eager his daughter was, making sure that she had secured herself on his back before raising his body up and down with his muscular arms.

 

“Appa’s the strongest!” squealed Hyemi cheerily. As soon as Jongkook stopped doing the push-ups, she moved forward and clung around her father’s neck with glee.

 

“I want a piggy-back ride, appa!” Jongkook shook his head but gave his daughter a piggy-back ride nonetheless; pretending to be an airplane and swooshing around the living room. Hyemi giggled uncontrollable as she held onto her father.

 

“Can you throw me into the air, appa?” requested Hyemi as she got down from Jongkook’s back.

 

“But you’re–” Hyemi pouted at her father before he could even finish his sentence. Jongkook gave in immediately, crouching down in front of his daughter to pick her up and throwing her up after he had straightened back up.

 

“Yay! I’m flying in the air!” She was still laughing as Jongkook put her down, though before she could demand from her father again, she heard the clicking sound from the front door’s lock and the two turned to look at the same time. The door swung open and Jihyo appeared from behind. Hyemi’s face brightened up instantly as she sprinted towards her mother.

 

“Eomma, you’re back!” Hyemi squealed and hugged around Jihyo’s leg tightly.

 

“Ne, I’m back, little angel,” Jihyo chuckled and bend down to give a kiss on Hyemi’s forehead.

 

“Hey, Jihyo...” There was an awkward silence accompanied by a lackluster wave from Jongkook. Jihyo gave him a dirty look before walking past him and blatantly ignored his greeting; a dejected expression appearing on him. There was a little frown on Hyemi’s face as she ran over to her father and grabbed his hand.

 

“Appa, let’s play one more!”

 

“Maybe tomorrow, Hyemi, appa’s tired now.”

 

“Just one more, appa. Please?”

 

“Just one more?”

 

“Ne, appa!”

 

“Fine, what is it?”

 

“Go kiss eomma.” Jongkook blinked at his daughter and almost thought he heard wrongly, but Hyemi was grinning up at him with large puppy eyes of hers and realized she wasn’t joking nor did he hear wrongly.

 

“You know your eomma and I are fighting now, Hyemi, it’s impossible to–”

 

“Appa! You agreed to do one more!” exclaimed Hyemi as she pushed her father towards the kitchen with all the strength she could mustered, but Jongkook didn’t even budge at all. “

 

Appaaaaaa, please?” Jongkook sighed at his daughter, but despite that he made his way to the kitchen slowly. Hyemi cheered in her head as she followed behind her father with joy.

 

When Jihyo heard the shuffling of feet behind her she turned around, and grimaced when she noticed it was Jongkook. She turned back and ignored him, continuing with the preparation of dinner. Jongkook was upset at the response Jihyo was giving him. It’s been a long time since she had been so angry with him that it lasted for nearly a week.

 

Jongkook started to back out of the kitchen, but Hyemi was having none of it as she pointed her finger to her mother with a sulky pout. “Appa!” She whispered from behind the counter, taking care to hide herself from her mother’s view.

 

Sighing, Jongkook knew Hyemi wouldn’t let it rest and had no choice but to go back into the kitchen again. He stood behind Jihyo who was taking all the ingredient out from the bags. She turned around wanting to take the pan, and ended up staring up at Jongkook who was looking back at her.

 

“Can you move? I have to cook dinner in case you didn’t notice.” She said to him rather impassively, her expression deadpanned. He was prepared to move away, but he caught his daughter gesturing wildly to him from the corner of his eyes. Jongkook sighed inwardly and instead of moving away, he leaned in closer until he was pushing her against the counter, his hands on her either side to prevent her from escaping.

 

Jihyo widened her eyes at him. “What the hell are you–”

 

Before she could finish her sentence Jongkook had already captured with his, effectively cutting off what she wanted to say. He thought she was going to push him away and slap him, and was truly surprised when she kissed him back instead. Seeing that she wasn’t resisting him, he continued on and deepened the kiss, sorely missing the feeling of her soft and warm lips against his.

 

They were both breathless when he finally pulled away from her, Jongkook muttering a “I’m sorry” to her as he looked at her with affection and guilt visible in his eyes. “Took you long enough just for a mere sorry,” she pointed out before pulling him down to kiss him again.

 

Jongkook realized afterwards when they were finally done kissing each other senselessly that Hyemi had long disappeared from view, and didn’t come out of the her room until Jihyo called her out for dinner. His daughter was one smart and sneaky little girl.

 

***

 

“Appa, what are we watching?” Hyemi asked excitedly as she bounced up and down on the couch.

 

“Why don’t Hyemi choose what we watch tonight?” Jongkook smiled at his little girl as he placed a stack of DVDs on the coffee table.

 

“Really? Yay!” Hyemi cheered in joy as she rushed over to her father’s side. However before she could do anything there was a loud piercing scream from the kitchen where Jihyo was cutting fruits for them. Jongkook bolted into the kitchen instantly with Hyemi following after him.

 

“What’s wrong yeobo?”

 

Jihyo’s face was stricken with fear as she pointed her finger at the wall where a huge beetle was resting there. “Get it away, get it away!” She squealed and retreated into safety behind her husband.

 

“It’s okay, eomma. Appa will handle it.” Hyemi was surprisingly calm as she grabbed Jihyo’s hand and smiled up at her mother. Jihyo thought it was a good thing their daughter didn’t inherit her fear of bugs.

 

Without saying much, Jongkook picked up the beetle and threw it out before closing the window shut.

 

“It’s gone now, Jihyo-yah.”

 

Hyemi released her hand from Jihyo’s and skipped back to the living room quietly, a smile on her face as she resumed choosing the movie she wanted to watch. As soon as Jongkook was near enough, Jihyo buried her face into the crook of his neck and clutched the front of his shirt tightly.

 

Jongkook embraced back and her head tenderly. Jihyo was the bravest woman he had ever seen, but when it comes to bugs, she was just terribly scared of them.

 

“We’re going shopping for insect repellent and having spring cleaning tomorrow.” Jihyo mumbled against him.

 

“Whatever you say, yeobo.”

 

***

 

Jihyo was deep in her dreamland, snuggling her head into Jongkook’s broad shoulder when she was suddenly jolted awake by someone shaking her. She detached herself from her husband—who was now stirring awake too—and turned to see her little girl by the bed, eyes b with tears.

 

“What’s wrong, Hyemi?” She sat up on the bed, face full of concern as Jongkook reached over to scoop their daughter into his arms.

 

“I had a nightmare, eomma.” Hyemi sniffed and clung tighter onto her tiger cub stuffed toy. “Appa, eomma, can I sleep here tonight?”

 

“Of course you can, my little princess.” Jongkook brushed away the tears off his daughter’s cheeks.

 

Hyemi finally smiled and immediately squished herself in between her parents.

 

“Goodnight, eomma and appa.”

 

“Ne, goodnight.”

 

“Sleep well, little angel.” 

-

//end

-