Tonight (FM Static)

Dream. Sing. Inspire. (A Oneshot Collection)

Featuring: Suho (EXO K)
Genre: slight angst
Title: Saving Grace

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I send my condolences, Joonmyeon. It must be hard.

We’re here for you, bro. Come over whenever you feel like it.

Fighting, Joonmyeon hyung! You can do it!

Everything’s going to be fine. I’m sorry I couldn’t come over and give you a real hug.

 

Joonmyeon sat back on his computer chair, his head throbbing form the glare of his screen and flow of messages on his wall. He massages his temples and closed his eyes for a minute before typing out his reply to all of the pity-messages he got.

I’m alright, guys. Don’t worry about me. :)

After that he shut his computer and fell on his bed, mentally exhausted. It’s been a week, and he could personally say he was managing well. His breathing was oddly fast, as if he’s been holding it for a long time. He looked up and saw outside his window. The moon was full and the stars were in complete attendance in the high heavens. Feeling a bit trapped in his apartment, Joonmyeon took a sweater and went out to the rooftop.

 

The chilly night breeze blew against the back of Joonmyeon’s head as he sat on the ledge and stared at the glittering night sky. It was beautiful, and he remembered how she loved dragging him up to the rooftop of her own place to stare at the stars. She would point out every constellation there was, and she would tell him entrancing stories about the moon.

Joonmyeon lay flat on his back with his head on his arm, letting the flow of memories he had stopped to just flash in front of him.

 

There she was, telling him how she would love to travel around the world and see the world through another’s eyes.

 

There she was, lying down beside him and whispering silent words he never understood then, not until she told him a few days before she left.

 

There she was, crumpled against his chest and telling him in between sobs the story about her parents’ divorce and the difficulty of being fought over. He her hair and listened to her silent words that he didn’t understand.

There she was, a few days before leaving, telling him about this guy called Jesus and how He comforted her long after she decided to move out of their place and live alone. He had a dozen questions filled with doubt, but she had answered each one with confidence in her belief.

And after every word she uttered, he believed her a little bit more.

 

There she was, clutching his hands tightly in hers and praying to Jesus to take care of him even when she had gone to be with the Father. And that was the glorious night when Kim Joonmyeon was saved.

 

There she was, frail and weak, but the shine in her eyes told him otherwise. She had told him to never back down, even if the world was against him and what he believed in.

 

There she was, tears flowing, but her lips were turned up in a smile, and her eyes still shining bright, telling him to hold on.

“You’re not alone in this battle, because even with me not beside you, I’ll share your heart with Jesus and we’ll always be with you. Always.”

He had blinked back tears. “If He’s so great, why can’t Jesus save you?”

“He did,” she whispered. “He’s about to take me home, and someday, because you accepted Him in your heart, I’ll meet you in the place Jesus has prepared: in heaven. And we’ll live forever with Him.”

“I love you so much, Nabi.”

“I love you too, Joonmyeon. But Jesus loves you more, and His love endures forever.”

She smiled one last time, her shining eyes closed, and then she breathed her last. She was gone.

She had gone home.

 

Joonmyeon had put his faith in turmoil a few days after her death. He was in silent denial, telling everyone that he was fine, but his mind had become a battleground. He doubted himself, he doubted Jesus, and he doubted everything Nabi told him, until he just shut down.

Until tonight.

As he lay down under the heavens, he could feel a warm presence around him that felt like Nabi. The wind blew softly as if she was whispering to him. He let his eyelids close to listen.

 

I love you Joonmyeon. But Jesus loves you more, and His love endures forever.

 

Tears began falling from his eyes. Joonmyeon sat up, folded his hands, and prayed silently, meaning every word with his whole heart.

I’m sorry for ever doubting you, Jesus. Everything has been so difficult and I’ve forgotten that you were there. Nabi was right, and you were right. Thank you for never giving up on me, just as you had done with Nabi’s life. I saw at once how she’s different, and I’ve always wondered why she was always happy and at peace. Now I know that it’ because of you. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.

 

After his reconciliation, Kim Joonmyeon was a changed man. He told everyone everything Nabi once told him. Many thought he was crazy, but there was a small number that believed him.

This is God’s work in progress.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N: I'm not apologizing for the serious-ness sound of this oneshot. (I'm gonna apologize because it's short. =.=) I'm a born-again Christian and I've always wanted to write something like this, albeit longer. I wanted to share His message, and this is one way I want to do it. If it's a bit uncomfortable for you, I'm sorry.