I Don't Need a Man (Miss A)

Dream. Sing. Inspire. (A Oneshot Collection)

Featuring: CL (2NE1)
Genre: happy/fluff
Title: Black Walls and Pastel Dreams

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

“Chaerin, you know you need me. I’m practically your life! This is the most ridiculous decision you could possibly make.”

Chaerin raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend and crossed her arms. “You obviously think too highly of yourself, Shin Yuhan. I’m not a baby that you need to take care of, and I certainly don’t need a big-headed, heartless jerk to live my life for me. So go and get your own life!”

As she slammed the door of her apartment at his face, Chaerin was determined to change how the world saw her. If they saw me as a weak girl dependent on her boyfriend once, well, they should watch out; because Lee Chaerin is about to show the world what she’s made of.

 

A week later, a tough party girl became the talk of the town in the Gangnam district. Some said she had hooked up with numerous guys who all fell for her charming looks, only to have their hearts trampled on the day after. Others claimed that she could drink five bottles of soju and still be able to dance like a pro. Still others say that she is a secret member of a gangster group living underground. No one can be sure of these rumors; they are, however, sure of this one thing: this girl had a name, and she called herself CL.

 

CL was lounging in her apartment, half-filled wine glass in her hand. She thought back on her last few victims for the past week. Three guys in a row; don’t they ever learn?

The apartment had changed as well, to suit its mistress’ new taste. The peach-and-white wallpaper had been torn down to make way for chrome-black paint. The plush furniture had been tossed out and replaced by leather couches. The light-hearted paintings have been removed; everything that reminded Chaerin of her old life was gone. Even Chaerin had been replaced by this mysterious seductress—dressed in a micro-mini black dress and kitten heels—that has come to call her CL.

Just then, a knock interrupted the peaceful silence. CL rolled her eyes and put down her wine glass. She went to the door and opened it with a scowl on her face.

“Oh, it’s you.”

“Yes, it’s me. May I come in?”

It was Chaerin’s high school buddy, Yoon Yeojoon. She stepped aside and let him in the house. He surveyed the renovations she had done as she poured him some juice. She still remembered that Yeojoon doesn’t drink alcohol.

“This place sure has changed a lot since I last visited,” he commented.

CL handed him the glass and toasted with him. “Yes, well, it has to adapt to my, er, new lifestyle.”

Yeojoon sized her up and sighed. Then he chuckled. “It seems like I don’t know you anymore, my friend.”

CL narrowed her eyes at him. “Maybe you never did.”

Yeojoon sat himself on the leather couch. “I’ll be blunt. This is not you anymore, Chaerin. Where is that sweet girl I used to know?”

CL’s gaze became hard and steely. “Lee Chaerin is no more. Only the strong can survive. That’s why I created CL, and I’ve never been happier.”

Yeojoon shook his head. “I know you better than that.” He put down his glass and motioned for CL/Chaerin to sit down beside him. Thankfully, she did. Yeojoon put his hands on her shoulders and stared into her dark brown eyes. They remained in that position for a minute until Yeojoon sighed.

“You know I know you better than even your own parents did, Chae. So much that I can see through you. And what I see inside is a sad individual using a strong façade to hide how hurt she is. You say you don’t need anyone, but even if your words and physique fool others, it can never fool me. You are unraveling inside, Chaerin. You need someone to be there for you.”

Chaerin stared back into his warm honey eyes. Only he could have perceived how she was really feeling inside. She had been up to her new disguise for a quite a while, long enough to fool even herself. And when he told her the truth of what she was really feeling, two forces fought inside of her: CL and Chaerin. And Chaerin was winning.

The girl in front of Yeojoon gulped and looked down. A second later he noticed water dripping down on her hands. Her body shook, and for the first time after a long while, Yeojoon saw his Chaerin again.

“I-I don’t… I never… I…” She couldn’t string together a coherent sentence due to her emotional breakdown. Yeojoon pulled her into his chest and hugged her tightly, and wordlessly. Her muffled sobs filled the silent space.

After a minute or two, she pulled away and wiped her eyes. Her dark eyeliner had run down her cheeks, and truthfully, she looked like a complete mess. She managed a dry chuckle as she turned away in an attempt to fix herself.

“Don’t look at me; I look terrible,” she mumbled as she hurriedly tried to fix her face up.

Yeojoon smiled gently. “Don’t worry. I fell for you, not for your looks, but your heart.”

Chaerin stopped and froze. Yeojoon took her hands away from her face and gazed lovingly into her eyes.

“Of course, your looks completed the package.”

Chaerin still couldn’t speak. opened and closed like a fish. Yeojoon laughed heartily, and to save her from any further need to speak, he gently placed his lips on hers.

When they parted, Yeojoon saw the color flood back into Chaerin’s cheeks and the sparkle returned in her eyes.

“I know I said and convinced myself that I didn’t need a man. But maybe I was wrong. So let me rephrase: I don’t need the man that Yuhan had been. I need someone else… Someone like…”

She paused and blushed. Yeojoon smiled bigger.

“Someone like me, I hope?”

“Yeah, I guess.” A smile crawled onto Chaerin’s face and brightened it up.

“Then I’m all yours, sweetheart,” said Yeojoon and captured her lips again.

I’ve loved since I first saw you, Lee Chaerin. I’m sorry it took me so long. But from this moment on, I’d be that one man you’ll ever need.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

A/N: Hi. So this is another attempt of mine in the fluff/happy genre. I find it really difficult, though. I hope you guys continue giving me feedback. It heps a lot. :))