Chapter 2: Welcome to JYP Academy!

JYP Academy

Hello again fellow readers~!! And yes, this is the second chapter of  "JYP Academy"~ And this time, it's our Chanana's POV! That's all I have to say right now and enjoy~~
 


I yawned a little as we drove out of our hometown and out of the city. Damn, I shouldn't have woken up so early but then, it was so worth it. I thought Nuneo would get up earlier than me, knowing that we're gonna leave for JYP Academy. But then, it's the other way round today. Yeaaah, I rock.

Right, so we're on a one hour trip to JYP Academy, the music boarding school Mrs. Lee, Nuneo's mom, registered us to. We had to take an exam to go in though, and since Nuneo and I passed, we definitely got in. I know, we totally rock.

I glanced at my watch. 7:45 a.m. Oh well, another 15 minutes till we reach the academy.

I glanced at Nuneo and our new friend, Wooyoung. Nuneo was listening to his MP3 while Wooyoung was staring into space at the window. I sighed as I took out my walkman and listened to my favourite singer, Rain's songs. As far as I knew, Rain graduated from JYP Academy and started his own academy, J. Tunes Academy. I've also heard that he's the principle of that academy as well.

As I was enjoying the music, Nuneo jerked up from his seat when he looked out the window.

"Chanana, Wooyoungie! Look!" he said in excitement, jumping up and down his seat. I swear, Nuneo can be a kid sometimes.

"What is it?" I asked, looking out the window as well. Woah. From what I saw through the window, we've reached the outskirts of my hometown, Seoul. From what I know, Nuneo's place, Ilsan, to Seoul is actually a 41 minute ride on bus. But since t needs to pick up other kids, yup, one hour. Wait, how do I even know all this? Oh yeah, Mrs. Lee made me and Nuneo memorize the bus timetable.

Another thing I just realized, the kids we saw at the bus stop were mostly our old elementary school mates. That reminds me, we've never seen Wooyoung before and we only met him today. I decided to pop the question to him.

"Wooyoung-ah, we've never seen you around in Ilsan before. Where are you from?"

Wooyoung turned to me, smiling innocently. "My hometown's in Busan. I went to Ilsan to live with my grandmother because the bus wouldn't be going to Busan. Besides, Grandma needs my company." 

Nuneo and I smiled. "What a good grandson you are, Wooyoung-ah~" we said in unison. Wooyoung just blushed a bit as he smiled.

"Alright~ We've reached our destination, JYP Academy~!" 

The voice belonged to the noona driving the bus. When she said that, everyone grabbed their luggage and rushed down. I got up from my seat after putting my walkman away. Oww... bus lag! How the hell did everyone managed to get up without feeling the cramp on the legs?! Anyway, I grabbed my stuff and followed Nuneo and Wooyoung down the bus. Of course, we didn't forget to thank the noona for the ride.

As we stepped down, I think my eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets. The school was a huge building! Not just huge, undeniably god damned huge! Great, I think Nuneo had rubbed off on me because once we entered the gates with JYP Academy's badge on top, I was running here and there like a little kid. Like I said, the school was huge, just like a castle. The building was white in colour and the roofs were blue. As I walked down the wide pathway with Nuneo and Wooyoung, there were cherry trees planted here and there on the greens of each side. Besides that, there were statues of what seemed to be the teachers of this school lined up on the sides of the pathway. The statue that stood on what seemed to be a roundabout looked important. Must be the headmaster. I shrugged and moved on. 

As I breathed in the scent of spring, the three of us made our way to the hall, where we're supposed to have the entrance ceremony. Holy . The hall was huge! It actually had a hood to act as a roof if it rains. Now it's just open. As for the stage, yeah, huge too. No offense but this school is full of surprises. 

After leaving our luggage with a hyung, I took a seat between Nuneo and Wooyoung, anticipating the ceremony. After some time, an MC noona came out with a neon green and white cool-looking loudspeaker.

"Yo yo yo JYP Natiooooon! Do ya hear me??" she shouted through the loudspeaker. At once, everyone shouted back "YEAH!!!", including me.

"Mornin' guys and girls! This is DJ Park Ji Yoon and welcome to JYP Academy~! Now, let's give a big hand to JYP Academy's headmasteeeeer~!! PARK! JIN! YOUNG~!!"

Whoosh!

All of us looked above us and woah. Just freaking woah. A man in a brown suit and red necktie with white polka-dots suddenly came flying down from goodness-knows-where and landed on stage. Seriuosly. First, castle-like school. Second, school DJs and now flying headmasters?! Really?!

Nuneo, of course, was very impressed, just because it reminded him of Harry Potter. Now that I think about it, Junho Potter suits him very well. Junho Potter, flying on a magic broom, screaming "Avracadabra!". Now that's funny. Haha~

As the headmaster, Park Jin Young, landed on stage. Music was played and he started dancing. I must admit, he's pretty good. After a few minutes, he grabbed a mic stand with a wireless mic attached to it and finally began speaking.

"Annyeong to the new generation of JYP Nation! I'm Park Jin Young, the headmaster of the one and only JYP Academy! Call me Headmaster Park." he said, with a smile, showing his shiny white teeth. Everyone cheered madly and he continued his speech.

"It's a great pleasure to see all of you youngsters today, looking keen and dedicated. I see that all of you are ready to work to the road of stardom. The path you choose won't be as easy as you think. You must be passionate! Hardworking! And most importantly, never give up on your dreams! Take this as a mission you need to complete! Keep this in mind: There is no shortcut to perfection. That's all I've got to say. Congratulations on your acceptance here and may the Goddess of Music smile upon you! Thank you very much!"

And with that, with the help of unnoticeable hooks and strings, he flew above us again, walking in mid-air as we cheered and clapped. Wow, that's one awesome headmaster, unlike the headmasters and headmistresses in normal schools.

After a short while, we left to attend the first class. Well, I don't think I'll be able to sleep on this one because I'm actually believing that something about this school is gonna change my entire life forever.

 


There! So what do ya think of this? If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them. Right, I know the "headmaster speech" isn't so "headmasterly" but this is a music school and I'm trying to make things fun here. NEXT UP~~ Woobaby~