Prologue

Rooftop Love

 

 

Chapter 1


 

"Juliette! Juliette!" my mom calls from the living room.

I groaned as a reply.

"Julie! Come down at this very moment, dear!" She yells again.

Despite of my laziness, I urge myself to get up from my bed and get my downstairs before my mom calls me again. 

Half asleep, I asked

"What is it mom?"

"Julie! Dear, it's a letter from Seoul Arts Korea." My mom says in excitement.

I rubbed my eyes and snapped it open. "What? What does it say?!" 

"They're offering you a scholarship! They saw you perform in the Romeo and Juliette play and they loved it."

Scholarship....in Seoul Art Korea...This must be a dream...I blinked several times.

"It says here that they would love to train you as a professional singer!" my mom continued.

A big smile on my face. "This is what I always dreamed of......to debut" I thought.

"I'm so happy for you Julie." She says as I take the letter and read it myself.

"Waeyo?" says my little brother Yoojie as he rubs his eyes.

My mom grabbed the phone and said "We should call your father! His going to be happy when he hears this."

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He went to the office quite early today."

"Ya! What is it?" Yoojie nags. 


 

And that's how my journey begins....

My name is Julie Park. I'm 18 years old. My 6 year old brother, Yoojie and I grew up here in America. Ever since we left Korea, our mom was the one who teaches us Korean language. I can say that I'm quite fluent though.

You might be wondering why we never came back to Korea. Well it's because of our family company here in America. It's been 9 years since we left. I've always wanted to come back. Everytime I see kpop stars on tv like SNSD, SHINee, 2NE1 and Super Junior, I can't help but to fangirl. I tell myself that someday, I will be just like them. Kpop stars. 

Now Seoul Art Korea is offering me a scholarship. This is my chance....

 

 

3 days passed and everything is ready to go.

I say my goodbyes.

"I already fixed your papers. If you need anything, Mr. Choi will be there to assist you. You can also stay in our mansion during your free time, okay?" says my dad.

Yup, you heard him right. Mansion. Why do we have a mansion? Well it's because my dad is known as the richest Korean in America. *sighs* Hard to be his daughter if you ask me. Ugh, bodyguards everywhere.

"Yes father." I reply and hug him.

"Take care of yourself." He reminds.

I turn to my mom who is crying with Yoojie.

"Ya, mom..." I say.

"Oh Julie, I'm just so proud of you" she says and burries her head in my shoulders. "Take care okay. I love you"

I nod and kissed her "I will, I love you too mom."

I turned to my brother who's been crying nonstop. "Goodbye" he says between sobs.

"Don't forget to buy me presents for my birthday, arraseo?"

I laughed and squeezed his cheeks "Neh, I will miss you so much Yoo-yoo"

I climbed into the plane with my bodyguard and waved goodbye.

"Sarang hamnida umma and appa!" 

 

 

END OF CHAPTER 1


 

 

Hey Readers! Please comment and tell me if you like it or not :)

I will try to update as soon as I can! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!

Saranghae ~ xx

                                                                                                              - Silvermoonx