Give it a try

Please Love Me Again

Mr. Park was not around so we have vacant hours before dismissal time. We’re not allowed to go home yet so some of my classmates just do their own business. The girls chat about their crushes while the guys browse some men’s magazine. And here I am in my seat, stuck with a doodling Jongin.

“What’s that ?” I asked as he was covering whatever he was doing.

“None of your business. Merong !” aww.. Jongin so cute.

“Let me take a look at it.” I asked snatching the paper away from him. He was stronger, but I’m faster than him.

To my surprise, he was drawing my face. Goodness Jongin, I didn’t know you can draw like this.

“You’re so good!” I said not noticing that I was blushing..

“Yah! It’s not done yet. Aish.. you saw it already, you’ll not be impressed anymore.” He said whining like a child.

I laughed at his cuteness and ruffled his hair, “And why would this kid want to impress me huh?” I asked him and regretted for doing so. I can already predict his answer.

“I like you.” that’s all. That’s all to make me shut up.

 



 

The bell rang. Time to go home. But Jongin blocked my way through the door.

 

“Can we go out. Just once. To make things up.” With his serious face again.

I think about it first and decided to come with him. It’s not a date right ? there’s nothing wrong. We’ll just eat together then talk.

“So where would you like to go ?” Jongin asked as we walk around the city.

“I don’t know. You should be the one to decide. You’re the one who asked for this anyway.”

“Woah. Chill Shin. I only want to be with you.”

“Jongin, can you just.. just stop that for now. I thought we’ll make things up.”

By his reaction, I know he was saddened but in the first place, this is what we have to do.

“Yeah right. To resolve things. Come on let’s go to the park!” his frown now replaced with a big grin as he tug me on the way to the nearby park.

Jongin and I just enjoyed the view of the children playing. The aura was so relaxing that I thought we can just stay like that forever until I felt my hair clip being snatched

“Yah! Jongin come back here !” I shouted running after him.

“Have somebody told you you look good with your hair loose ?” He said as he run effortlessly and here I am running like a pig.

“No ! I really don’t care ! give it to me you pabo!” I laugh as I continue to chase him.

 

After minutes of running around, both of us got tired and decided to lie on the grass.

“Shin-ah, I’m going to tell you something but can you just listen to me first. If you have any objection, can you just wait for me to get finished?” Kai asked as he turned his head slightly to look at me. His eyes, full of sincerity never fail to lure me.With my heart beating so fast,  all I was able to do that time was to nod.

“I don’t know why you can’t accept me. Honestly it hurts me, thinking of you everyday. I had never felt so useless and rejected before. I know you’re different from them. You were never attracted to me because of my looks. That is why.. I fell for you. Because you’re different from them. You can see right through me. And you are willing to give up what you want as long as you can make other people happy.”

He pause for a while and put his hand under my head so that he can gently pull me closer. I have never been this close to him. To his body. Its warmth feels so good that is why even though a part of me refuse to give in, the part wanting to stay is dominating.

 

“Shin-ah, if the time comes that you realize you want me too, I ask you to tell me okay? It’s a good thing that you’re a big-hearted person, but please, give yourself something you want too. You deserve to be happy and I’m willing to help you have that happiness. Give me a chance. Let’s.. Let’s give it a try.”

 

                After he said all those things, I didn’t object. I did not say any word to him. We just let ourselves feel each other’s warmth, his head pressed against mine and looking far above the sky.