It's you

Please Love Me Again

Han Ri, my best friend, is also my roommate. It started when I went home and I was surprised seeing her enter the dorm same as mine.  I was even more surprised when she entered my room. I actually thought she was a robber but I was proven wrong when she told me that she’s just moved in on that day. That’s why we are so close even though we met just two months ago.

 

“Shin-ah, can I ask you something?” Han Ri said as we chop some vegetables for our dinner.

“About Jongin?” I asked and knew that I was right when she let out a sigh.

“Yeah.  What ye gonna do if he likes you?”

“That’s funny. I know I’m too pretty that even our best friend couldn’t resist me but I wouldn’t mind so he’s all yours.” I answered joking.

“Okay..” and let out another sigh.

“Fine. Tell me what happened.” I put down my knife and turned my body to face her.

“Well, after class I decided to meet up with him in the roof top. You said that I should tell him right ? I really just don’t know how to start  and I got so nervous so I just blurted it out.”

“What did he do then ?”

“Nothing. He just ruffled my hair and told me that he likes somebody else. Then he left.” Oh, typical.

She sighed for the third time. I swear Han Ri if you’re somebody else I’ll leave you now and your drama.

“Come on Han Ri, cheer up! Don’t worry I’ll talk to him tomorrow. We’ll find out who the unlucky girl is.” I held her hand showing her my determined look.

“You mean to say lucky girl?” she asked probably confused with “unlucky”.

“No. Unlucky. She wouldn’t want to mess up with us.” I said and we both laughed.

 



 

“Hey jerk. Wake up.” I lightly nudged Jongin who was sleeping in the middle of the lesson.

“What?” he asked annoyed.

“Pay attention pabo, I’ll not lend you my notes this time.” I said my eyes still on the professor who was talking about his life again. Gosh, makes me want to sleep too.

“For Pete’s sake Shin, he’s just telling us about his ridiculous fashion sense and how his wife fell for it. Leave me alone.” He said ready to go back to sleep again.

I give up knowing that Jongin was right. This professor will just make some 5 minute introduction about the topic and then consume all the remaining hours blabbering about his life. But being the polite student I am, I still tried to open my eyes until the bell rang.

“Alright. Class dismissed. We’re going to have a quiz tomorrow about the lesson. Good bye.” Mr. Park said to which the class grunted.

I packed my things getting excited to go home only to be pulled by the pabo.

“Hey, I’ll walk you home.” Kai said with his poker face on.

I was about to protest but remembered the talk with Han Ri. “Oh right, I have to tell you something too.”

“What is it?”

“Naah. Treat me first. Bubble tea !” I said with a big grin on my face.

“Always.” He said and linked arms with me as we both head off.



 

“Jongin, do you like someone ?”  I decided to stop the silence since he was not talking at all.

“Why do you ask? Did Han Ri told you?” he said with an uninterested tone.

“So what if she does?” I stopped walking and faced him.

“Nothing. I really don’t care. So you shouldn’t too.”

“Oh shut up. You are both my best friends so I’ll help you with this. Don’t worry I got your back.” I said winking.

“I like someone else.”

“Hah! And who is it then?”

“None of your business.”

“Yah !  Tell me who is it or els-”

“Or else what?” i stepped back when he started to get closer. Like he was threatening me with his moves.i don’t know why I stepped back though.

 “What are you going to do?” He said continuing to get closer and I was aware that I have nowhere to go now since I felt my back bump on the wall. I look into his eyes which was a big mistake, because I got lost with his dark orbs that seemed to have brought me to another dimension.

“O-or else I-I’m going to-”

He put his both hands on the wall on the level of my head to support his body from falling when he leaned closer to me. “It’s you Shin. I like you. I like you from the very start. That’s why I befriended you.”

That’s it.I got speechless for a second. I forced myself to laugh in-case he was joking but minutes passed and we’re still on the same position. He did not say anything more but just looked directly to my eyes.

I realized that we’re still on the street as some students passed-by giggling. I avoided his gaze and he withdraws also. We stood there for like half a minute looking everywhere to avoid each other’s eyes.

“Hey! Where are you going?” I asked when he started leaving.

“Home. See you tomorrow.” He waved goodbye  without looking back.