Three Words In Three Day - Part 9

I Want Her As My Boyfriend!

Mom: What was that, Sunny? I can’t hear you that well.

Sunny: She got .. bullied, ommo-nim! Today, she got bullied at the canteen. There were two boys, stealing her food maybe, then shove the wrapping at her head. I found her lying on floor, crying...

Mom: Meorageo!? Sunny, you don’t play jokes with me!

Sunny: It’s true! I don’t believe it either at first, cuz she just went straight back to class when I tried to calm her down at the canteen. Then, after school, she looked fine and happy. I thought I saw the wrong person earlier at the canteen, but when you spotted that mustard on her hair... well...

Mom: Sunny, you better tell me who’s responsible for this ..

Sunny: I don’t know either. When I was there... they’re gone.

Mom: (look upstairs) My daughter... why? 

Sunny: Well, actually the students in that school never accept her. I don’t know why. They just seemed .. to hate her. It’s her against the world ... everyday.

Mom: Why she never tell me about this? I could’ve done something!

Sunny: Maybe ... it’s because of me. She don’t want to leave me, I think. Bully cases like this just ended up worse when you tell the teacher or disciplinary committee about it. You might transfer her to another school if you know. Maybe that’s why...

Mom: You have a point there. Oh, Tae~ why are you like this? You looked so happy when you’re home I just couldn’t imagine that you were .. at school..

Krystal: How could she remember? The shock from the incident may have caused her to have amnesia all over again.

Sunny: Again? 

Mom: She has amnesia when she was little. We had a car accident back when these two were little girl. 

Krytsal: That’s when we lost our father. I broke my arm and legs and Taeyeon, she had a concussion at her head.

Mom: The doctor  said that it was just a small concussion and told us to not worry about it. And of course, we thought it was fine too.

Krystal: No long after that. She had this kind of amnesia going on.

Sunny: Kind of?

Krystal: Yeah, sometimes she forgot something that happened to her just 30 minutes ago. At first, we thought that was normal considering everyone forget about something sometimes. And she was a little girl back then, so there’s no suspicion there.

Mom: After awhile, it got worse. The symptom was more distinct and clear. There was a time she forgot where her school is.

Krystal: I’ve once wake Taeyeon up for school and she didn’t remember who I was. She was saying “Where’s my sister?” to me several times when I do that.

Mom: That’s when we decided that we need to take her to the doctor again. Have her all checked up again. What we feared has happened ..she has amnesia.

Krystal: The doctor said there was a blockage at her brain somewhere. Since she was young, all she needs to do was eat the medicine and wait for it to recover. And after awhile, well, it worked like charm. She’s healthy again.

Mom: We’ve decided to kept it a secret and  just move on with our lives. Because Krystal and Taeyeon lost their father at a young age, they seemed to be fine living without him. I was glad, as well...

Sunny: But now, she’s having amnesia all over again. What should we do? Shouldn’t we take her to see a doctor or something? 

Mom: We should. I’ll take care of it.

Sunny: Tell me if there’s something I can help with, okay?

(the next day...)

Sunny: Where’s Taeyeon? Oh, I forgot. She didn’t come to school today. Maybe she went to a hospital today. I should go to her house later on. (sigh) Ah~it’s boring without Taeyeon! 

(after school, Taeyeon’s house)

Sunny: Hello? Is anybody home?

Krystal: I’ll get it! Oh, it’s you, Sunny. Please, come on in.

Sunny: (while going up the stairs with Krystal) Is she okay? What the doctor say about it?

Krystal: (sigh) Yup, just like we predicted. It’s amnesia all over again. This time, it’s because of stress and depression. I have a feeling that the bullying thing has something to do with it.

Sunny: No doubt. She was never accepted by the people there.

Krystal: (suddenly stop walking) Can I ask you something?

Sunny: Yeah? 

Krystal: Has she done something wrong at school?

Sunny: I save the long story and tell you this so you can picture what the hell is going at that school. Taeyeon was a bright student, right?

Krystal: Yes?

Sunny: What do you feel if you see someone who’s far smarter than you?

Krytal: Um... I don’t really know.

Sunny: Jealousy and sometimes grudge or dissatisfaction!

Krystal: That’s just... stupid. Is that the reason why she getting treated like this?

Sunny: Pretty much, yes. But you know how high school is, it’s not very “pleasant” ...

Krystal: Do you think .. she need to change school?

Sunny: That’s for the best. I’ll try to reason with her later.

Krystal: Thanks.

(in Taeyeon’s room)

Sunny: Hi, Tae~ are you okay? Do you feel sick or something? Need me to get you a glass of water?

Taeyeon: (laugh) No need. Its not that serious, really! I just... won’t remember some stuff for the time being. No biggie~

Sunny: Well, its good to see you ... like this.

Taeyeon: So ... I’ve been bullied yesterday, huh?

Sunny: ...

Taeyeon: That’s okay, you can tell me about it.

Sunny: (looked down) Yes..

Taeyeon: Why do you look so depressed? 

Sunny: Maybe you don’t remember, but you yell at me when I tried to help you then.

Taeyeon: Se-seriously!?

Sunny: Hmph, no joke, dude~

Taeyeon: (laugh) That sure is one stupid ‘Taeyeon’!

Sunny: (laugh) Well, don’t be like that from now on, okay?

Taeyeon: (salute) Yes, sir! (smile)

Sunny: Let’s change school.

Taeyeon: (the smile from her face disappear) Wh-what?

Sunny: You heard me. Let’s change school. It’s not a really good environment for you. Especially now that I know you have this...

Taeyeon: Amnesia?

Sunny: Don’t say it like you’re not worried at all! I’m serious!

Taeyeon: Don’t worry. It’s not severe. The doctor told me if I eat the medicine like last time, I’ll be fine again.

Sunny: Do you really have amnesia?

Taeyeon: Actually, my mom exaggerate about that~ it’s not ... amnesia. It’s just ...well, I believe my mom already told you about the accident, right?

Sunny: Yes?

Taeyeon: Due to the concussion, there’s a minor function damage on my brain. Sometimes, somewhere in my brain, there will be a blockage if I get ...

Sunny: Depression is one of them, right?

Taeyeon: In short, I can’t be in any unnecessary stress. Do you understand?

Sunny: Aigoo~ you think you’re all that, aren’t you? I know you’re smart, don’t need to rub it in. I understand science too, you know?

Taeyeon: But, that’s not science...whatever~

Sunny: No, it’s for the best. Sure, I won’t get to see my friends there anymore. But, we have this... cell phone! They don’t invent this just to take selca, you know?

Taeyeon: (laugh) It’s true. But I don’t want to be a burden to you.

Sunny: No, I want to do this. Consider this as my 2nd present for you.

Taeyeon: Ah~so it’s final?

Sunny: Yeah~ we’re friends, right?

Taeyeon: No ..  we’re sisters!! 

Sunny: Oh~ stop it you~ group hug!

Taeyeon: It’s not a group hug if its just two people, Sunny.

Sunny: Don’t spoil the moment, please~

Taeyeon & Sunny: Hahahahahahaha~

(present day..)

Taeyeon: In the end, we still go our separate ways, isn’t that right, Sunny? Even though you got an offer to transfer to another school, I’m still happy because I know you’ve kept your promise and changed school for me, even if it’s only for 2 months. (smirk) This is stupid! I was stupid! I need to fix this!! Sunny, it’s not too late, right? (looking up at the sky)