Hidden Truths

Love Addiction [ s e m i - h ]

 

            3 best friends of high school, Jongin, Baekhyun and Bomi were out on a typical Saturday together. Partially why they wanted to go out was to ease Baekhyun’s mind. Jongin and Bomi wished there was a way to stop Baekhyun from thinking too much, because sometimes that’s all they need to do just so that Baekhyun can go back to the way he was.

            “Guys, I’m fine,” he hissed when Jongin and Bomi were giving him too much attention and effort in making him distracted. “Really, I am.”

            With that, the two best friends sighed and continued walking silently. Baekhyun really did appreciate the efforts that the other two were putting in just to make him feel better. However sometimes, he just wished that people would stop trying. He honestly thinks that sometimes it really just ruins things further.

            Ever since the wedding, Baekhyun  has been spending the rest of his days at home, at Bomi's or even at Jongin's – in other words, never has he been meeting Naeun. In fact, he has been trying to put Naeun aside from his mind. However, he was indeed doing it in the wrong method -- avoiding her. Every time Naeun tries to find Baekhyun, he always makes up excuses that he couldn't make it. And that pretty much continued for days – or weeks.

            Although Bomi knows that Baekhyun didn’t want to feel the heartache anymore, she still tried to get him to meet Naeun. Baekhyun and Naeun had the ideal friendship. Before, in school, they would never fail to meet up for lunch and such. After classes, they would always meet up and study together. Not only did they interact during school, but on most weekends, Naeun would go over to Baekhyun's house and spend their time there. To Bomi -- and Jongin -- it’d be a total waste if they were to let that go.

            “Aish,” Bomi sighed as soon as Baekhyun left the table to order food at the counter. “We need to get him to meet Naeun, Jongin.”

            Jongin sighed, and nodded. He knew this was true. “But he’s stubborn.” Jongin’s reminder only made Bomi fall silent.

            They all know this was true. It was hard to break the Baekhyun's stubbornness. If he has set his mind to something, he would never back out. Both Jongin and Bomi has already seen this, and they knew it was quite unbreakable.

            “We could always try again, maybe he would want to meet Naeun this time? It’s been quite a while you know. I bet he would want to meet her again,” Bomi brightened slightly, hoping for a positive reply from him.

            Jongin raised his eyebrows and adjusts himself in his seat. “Yah, Bomi. Why are you doing this?”

            “Huh?” she looked at Jongin confusingly, feeling slightly nervous all of a sudden. “What are you talking about?”

            “You love him don’t you?” he sighed, sitting up straight. “You don’t have to hide it, Bomi. I’ve known you for the longest time.”

            Silence.

            Looking down and playing with her fingers, Bomi mumbled in defeat;

            “I do,” Bomi mumbled in defeat while looking down and playing with her fingers. I always have.

 

 


author's note:

how do you like the ending of this chapter? /bricked.
what do you think will happen next? and..
i need you guys opinion on something:
hope you cooperate and answer o/
it's just for an opinion. nothing's confirmed yet. (: