Maybe Not

Love Addiction [ s e m i - h ]

 

            “Hey, why are you being so silent?” Naeun asked, looking at Baekhyun intently.

            Baekhyun shrugged, and slowly spoke. “I don’t know, for some reason.. I just suddenly miss you.”

            “But you see me every day,” Naeun thought aloud.

            Silence enveloped them and Baekhyun was covered by the sudden urge to hug her. And so he did. Before pulling away, he made sure he explained himself. “I just wanted to. It has been forever since I last hugged you.”

            Naeun nodded, not looking at him in the eye. “I’m sorry, Baekhyun..”

            Of course, Baekhyun has always loved Naeun. He gave everything he had to Naeun up to the point he wondered why was he even wasting his time on someone he can’t have. But he never gave up. He continued fighting for what he thinks is worth.

            He is alone at home, locked up in his room. He looked around his room. In his eyes, the place seemed duller than it used to be. His life was. Naeun used to come over every weekend to spend time watching movies, and acting as idiotic as they can be, together. Now, he doubt he can ever do that anymore. Naeun has someone tied to her – forever. He can’t do anything anymore.

From: Naeunnie:
Yah Baekhyun, want to meet up at the usual café now? I’m kind of free.

            Staring at the message, his tears started falling again. The café – that café. That café was where Baekhyun and Naeun meet up every time there was something up. When he needed her, or when she needed him. But what was it now? She’s happy. She doesn’t need him anymore. Or that was what Baekhyun thought.

            Whenever Naeun needed comfort after having a fight with her friends, she met Baekhyun there. Or whenever she had an argument with her parents. Or even when she couldn’t take it being with Luhan. She met him there. What pains him the most that, there – that café – was where they both shared their first kiss together. That place had left lots of memories for Baekhyun. Memories he never wanted to remember.

            He didn’t know what that kiss had meant to Naeun. He never wanted to know. All he knew was that it had played with Baekhyun’s heart. Whenever he recalled that day, it used to leave a smile on his face – but ever since then, it brought tears to him.

            With his eyes closed, he nodded against his thoughts. And so, he got up and left the house, thinking he should give Naeun a chance. Afterall, the last time they saw each other was a day before the wedding.

            “Umm..” she whispered but Baekhyun kept his eyes on the ground, waiting for her to continue. “Uhh.. Umm..”  With Naeun’s constant stammer, Baekhyun looked up, half glaring at her. “Umm.. The wedding’s Sunday..” she lowered her voice a little, playing with her fingers. Rolling his tongue inside his mouth, Baekhyun kept silent, eyes back on the ground. “I hope you’ll come.”

            Silence.

            “You know, long ago, I imagined you walking me down the aisle toward him. You know.. Because my parents aren’t around, and you’re my best friend,” she smiled at the thought. But the smile soon turned into a frown. “But I’m dreaming too far aren’t I?”

            Baekhyun selfishly only returned her with silence. He wanted her to know that she shouldn’t have ever brought it up.

---

            Despite taking a longer route, he reached the back of the café in less than fifteen minutes. He sighed for the umpteenth time.

            What he didn’t know was that Naeun was there, with Luhan. But the moment he realized this, he instinctively hid behind a pillar. Leaning his head back, he closed his eyes. He couldn’t go out there. Every time he sees Luhan, he feels like punching him, or teach him a lesson of some sort. Sometimes, Baekhyun never understood how Naeun could act as if wanting to commit suicide because of Luhan, but at the same time love him with all her heart – well, apparently.

            Carefully, he slipped away. He didn’t want to start a scene due to his impulsivity. That’s it, he took a last glance at Naeun, and left.

 


 

author's noteu:

i love you all. 
hahah. will update soon.
you may leave a comment about how you think this will turn out though.
or maybe an ending you desire?
continue reading. comments appreciated.
subscribe. *^*