Time Check

Love Addiction [ s e m i - h ]

“You’ll be there for me, right?”

 Her voice rang in his head. Running his hands through his hair, he wondered why was he letting his emotions take over him. It was just her wedding. And he was nothing more than her best friend.

His phone rang. Kim Jongin. He answered the call hesitatingly, and not saying a word. “Yah Baekhyun, where are you? The ceremony’s starting soon,” Jongin shouted against all the noises in his background. “Hurry! You have 10 minutes or so.”

Silence.

“Byun Baekhyun, can you hear me?” Jongin raised his voice louder thinking Baekhyun couldn’t hear.

“I’m.. I’m on the way. Don’t wait for me,” Baekhyun whispered.

“What? I can’t hear you! Just be here in 10. See you!”

Beep. Jongin hung up.

“Yah, we’re best friends forever! I’m so grateful to have a friend like you.”

Another call.

 “Baekhyun..” a familiar voice whispered, with a background slightly quieter. When his phone rang again, he realized that he hadn’t picked up the call. He gasped, turning around, seeing a familiar figure before him. “Baekhyun..” the voice repeated.

His vision was blurred by the tears welling up in his eyes. He opened his mouth to speak but no words escaped. The next thing he knew, he was hugged, which caused him to feel weaker.

“Shh.. It’s fine,” she whispered behind me, rubbing my back. “Bomi’s here, it’s fine. You don’t have to go there if you cant. I’ll stay here with you.”

Pulling away, Bomi pulled Baekhyun to sit on a bench with her arms around him for comfort.

“Sometimes you make me happier than he ever does.”

Baekhyun sat still, staring at the ground as memories continue to flood by. Son Naeun. She never loved Baekhyun, but he did, with all his heart. He knew it would be hard if he can’t love her anymore.

 Maybe things were meant to happen this way, but Baekhyun never gave up. All he ever was was a guy who had been living in the dark. A guy who has lived under tons and tons of blames and wrongdoings. And all he ever wanted to be, was someone who could be there for her.

“I’m sorry I can’t love you the way you love me.”

 


 

a/n:
so hey. hope the beginning wasn't too crappy.
although i know it myself it is. OTL.
so yeah, comments appreciated. subscribe too c;