End

Red

 

Red.

 

Red is all Yunho sees.

 

It’s everywhere.

 

It’s on the walls.

 

It’s on the floor.

 

It’s on his hands.

 

It’s on the kitchen knife lying beside him.

 

It’s slowly spreading on the once white T-shirt that Jaejoong is wearing.

 

Yunho watches in amazement as the warm, wet liquid takes over the pristine whiteness of the branded shirt that covered his beloved’s torso. He watches as his darling’s large eyes stare back at him, once sparkling but now lifeless.

 

When the shirt is completely red, Yunho feels warmth running down his face and his suspicions are confirmed when a large droplet of salty water lands on the floor in front of him. He wipes the back of his hand across his face, unknowingly smearing the red all over his face.

 

A violent sob breaks free of Yunho’s chest as he continues to stare at the lifeless body in front of him that somehow still radiated an almost ethereal beauty.

 

I’m sorry. I’m so sorry Jaejoongie. I’m sorry for dirtying your body, and your clothes. It was the fastest, most foolproof way. We shouldn’t have to hide, Jaejoongie. I don’t want to hide. I know you don’t either. This is the only way. I’m sorry it’s so messy, I’m sorry I couldn’t think of a cleaner way. Baby, I’m sorry, I really am. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I love you, Jaejoongie, wait for me.

 

Red is all that is left when Yunho picks up the knife once again and plunges it deep into his own chest, sticky redness spreading across his own white shirt.