Chapter 4

Can We Pretend You're Still Mine?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After Kris' little confession, my heart wouldn't let him go. Not after the kind and heart wrenching words he said to me, no way. I sobbed and ran over to him. I hugged him and told him to stay with me.

Now here we were in bed, all tangled up in eachother's arms. I loved this feeling, having him next to me, with his arms wrapped around me safely. I felt like I could conquer the world with this feeling. But I knew in the back of my mind, all of this was wrong. But my heart told me to enjoy this feeling while it lasts.

 

"I love you." he whispered and kissed my forehead. I snuggled into Kris more,"I love you too." he smiled and leaned down to give me a peck on the lips,"I meant it when things would get better." he rubbed his nose against mine,"I promise, I promise, I promise." I nodded lazily and gripped onto his shirt. We stayed just like that, in eachother's arms in silence. It was comfortable but at the same time I couldn't fight the horrible stirring at the bottom of my stomach. I hated feeling like this. So bipolar. What do I really want? Do I want to do the right thing? Or be selfish and keep what was mine from the very start?

Before I knew it I started to hear Kris' light snores. I looked at him and smiled at him sadly. I remember the day we met like it was just yesterday. We were sophmores in high school. I was the new kid at school, Kris was the popular kid of course. We were locker buddies. He claimed it was love a first sight and wouldn't leave me alone. He would always follow me around and talk to me any chance he got. No matter how many times I yelled at him to back off and leave me alone he would only always smile at me and tell me how cute I was when I got mad.

Since I could never get him to leave me the hell alone, we actually got to know eachother and he eventually asked me out. We've been dating ever since. High school sweethearts we were. Despite all the hate and critisism that was thrown at us, we managed to stay strong.

I didn't want to give him up. I didn't want to give us up. But I knew sooner or later I would have to. Kris always told me that he would divorce Yumi but we both knew he couldn't do that. His parents would disown him and their company would burn to the ground. Yumi's parents and Kris' parents wedded them in order to keep one another's company alive. If one was to divorce, both companies would perish.

Kris couldn't do that to his parents, no matter how much he despised them. He was going to take over the company someday after all.

He only told me he'd get a divorce in order to make me feel better. But it never did.

 

 

 

"Alright guys! That's a rap!" I hollered and everyone clapped. The staff and managers began high fiving one another and popping bottles. I smiled to myself and shook my head. After 5 hours of non-stop taking photos we were all beat. I walked over to my laptop and started to look through the pictures we took today.

"Hey Jinhee-ah." a voice called behind me.

"Yeah Kim?" I replied without turning around and kept searching through the photos.

Kim put a hand on my shoulder,"You got a visitor." she said.

I pursed my lips and looked up at her,"Who is it?" Kim took her hand off my shoulder and shrugged,"Said her name was Yumi or something. She said she wanted to talk to you right now."

My eyes widened,"Yumi?" I asked in shock. Kim nodded at me,"Want me to tell her you're busy?" I shook my head and stood up in a slight daze. What the hell was Yumi doing here?

"I'll go see her right now." I cleared my throat and bowed slightly at Kim and walked out to the front. I bit my lower lip as I opened the door and saw Yumi standing by her car. I felt my stomach do flips. Looking at her made me suddenly feel queasy.

When she rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter