Six

Relapse
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The two men were frozen. Minhyuk stared as Kyung, a man he’d once considered a brother, stumbled around in a desperate attempt to get away. Because he had to get away. Minhyuk had seen him talking to Jiho and that was the one of the worst things that could have happened at that party. He stepped forward, uttering a sickly “Move,” but the other man didn’t budge.

“Kyung, are you…?”

“I said move.”

“Kyung-ah, I heard you. You said ‘Jiho.’”

He was going to be sick. “I wanna go.”

“Kyung-ah, Jiho is – ”

“I KNOW THAT!” Yelling wasn’t the best idea, because at that moment Kyung’s stomach lurched violently. He grabbed onto the counter just as a pair of strong hands shoved him towards the toilet. Kyung made it just in time; as soon as he fell over the porcelain toilet, his stomach released its contents.

Behind him, Minhyuk was wrestling with himself. He hadn’t thought this would happen. He’d hoped this wouldn’t happen. The kitchen had just as much soda as it did alcohol; he’d made sure of that just so Kyung wouldn’t be forced to drink. But apparently being around the alcohol was too much of a temptation.

He was stupid to invite him.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all o-”

Minhyuk swallowed a growl as he turned towards the newcomer. Jaehyo stood in the doorway, his eyes first widened with surprise, then narrowed with irritation. “Well, well. Don’t we look cozy.”

“Save it, Jaehyo. You’re not helping.” He was way too preoccupied with Kyung and way too pissed with Jaehyo. He couldn’t deal with them both.

“I told you this would happen though. Why did you even-”

“If you’re just gonna gloat, then leave. Go flirt with my guests some more.”

Silence.

Minhyuk expected Jaehyo to leave and return to the party, but the man didn’t move. ‘Whatever,’ he thought as he turned his attention back to Kyung. He was done throwing up, but he looked as if he was two seconds away from passing out. “If you’re still here,” Minhyuk murmured, “then make yourself useful and tell everyone to go home.”

Jaehyo scoffed. “You’re really gonna let him ruin your party? Are you ing kidding me?”

“You did that already! I'm done with this party! Tell everyone I'm sick or there's an afterparty at a club. I don't ing care! Just tell everyone to leave, okay?!” By that point, Jaehyo knew just how angry the other man was - he rarely ever yelled - and he stalked away, beginning to fume himself. Minhyuk grabbed a roll of paper towels and began to hastily clean Kyung up. With delicate fingers, he pulled his friend’s shirt above his head and tossed it into the sink. He looked at the label, noticing the expensive brand. Shame. The shirt was probably ruined.

Kyung had passed out. He wouldn’t remember most of this in the morning, but there were plenty of people there to remind him. Remind him that he shouldn’t have had any alcohol because it interferes with his medicine. Remind him that everything was going to be all right, even though nothing had been all right in months.

 

 

Minhyuk was greeted by Jaehyo’s angry glare. He returned the expression in earnest, completely pissed off at the other’s behavior. Neither of them spoke as they straightened up the apartment, now completely empty of guests. Except, of course, for Kyung, who was sleeping soundly in Minhyuk's guest room with a garbage can next to the bed, just in case.

Minhyuk's mind was still a little cloudy from the small amount of alcohol he’d had, so he was having a little difficulty finding his phone.

“What are you doing?”

Minhyuk stiffened and tried to ignore the younger man, but he was persistent. He answered him just to shut him up. “Looking for my phone. I should call Saehim and tell her what happened.” He straightened his back and added, “If you’re going to keep saying ‘I told you so,’ then save it. I don’t wanna hear it.”

“But you should have known. We’ve known for ages that he’s crazy. ”

“He is not crazy. He’s sick, okay?” As soon as he said that, he felt guilty. He’d always intended to be there for Kyung, but he hadn’t. He’d abandoned him, and it was all because of the man that stood before him. This man, Ahn Jaehyo.

“Call it what you

Please log in to read the full chapter