Ūnus

Marry You
Blessings.
 

"Sir, I want to marry your daughter" The words came out of his lips quicker than he thought they would.

The plan seemed to have gone pretty well. After a few days of convincing Roo's father to meet him a local coffee shop just in the middle of the mall (it had to be in a crowded place, just in case Roo's father would try any dangerous moves on him), things were starting to turn out perfectly. But he didn't know what to do now as Roo's father stared at him with a piercing stare.

"Is that so?" Mr. Baek asked.

"Yes, sir" Yesung said without hesitation adding a small nod to his statement.

"Why, this is... surprising. Have you talked to her mother?" Mr. Baek asked

An image of Roo's mother poking him with a knife while burning him alive popped up in his mind. He shook it off in fear and stared at Roo's father with a bravado look. Roo's mother never really liked him. But he would have to deal with that.. later.

"N-Not yet, sir. I was planning on talking about it with you first" Yesung said firmly.

There was a pause as Mr. Baek looked down to drink his coffee. "Tell me one good reason why I should give you permission to marry my daughter" he said after a while.

"Sir, I love your daughter. I want only what's best for her. Please let me ask for her hand in marriage" Yesung said desperately.

"Well, then.. I approve. Congratulations, son, you can marry my daughter" Mr. Baek said standing up and shaking Yesung's hand tightly. "I'll be waiting for the invitation" he placed some wons on top of the table before walking off with his hands in his jacket. 

Yesung watched him walk away and sighed in relief. "Well, that was easier than expected" he mumbled to himself as he ran his fingers through his hair.


"Do you even have any plans in life you little rascal?" "Is it because you want to get in her pants?!" "Youth these days" "I can't believe you"

Yesung blinked with his jaw nearly reaching the floor in disbelief. He knew Roo's female figures, meaning her grandmother and mother, would not react as peacefully as her father but this was just pushing it.

"M'am, I want to marry your daughter" seemed simple and direct. The woman, however, took it personally. And where had the ahjussi even come from?

"Nag, nag, nag~! All I do is nag" was probably not what Roo's grandmother was saying but that's all he could hear.

"Ahjussi, I don't mean to sound disrespectful in any way but why are you here?" Yesung asked flatly. "I wanted to speak to Mrs. Baek. Alone." 

Roo's grandmother hissed in annoyance before walking out of the room quite dramatically. Mrs. Baek's piercing eyes stayed locked in Yesung. Most days, Yesung would look away but today he had to brave. Very brave.

"Listen, Mrs. Baek. I only want the best for your daughter."

"Likely story" Mrs. Baek interrupted, crossing her arms.

Yesung mentally rolled his eyes but continued, "And I believe I've proven myself worthy of Roo's love. Please let me marry her" 

Yesung and Mrs. Baek stared intensely into each other's eyes, neither one of them blinking or moving whatsoever. This was probably the hardest thing Yesung would ever encounter. 

After what felt like forever, Mrs. Baek spoke up. "Alright, it's that's what you desire" she shrugged

Yesung stood up and hugged her tightly. "Oh kamsamnida Mrs. Baek~! You are the best!" Lies, he thought, but might as well sugar coat things up if she's going to be my mother-in-law from now on.

"Good to know" Mrs. Baek said with a disgusted look. "I'll make reservations in the hotel. Call me when you've proposed so we can plan the wedding together. Now leave before Roo sees you~! Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise, now would we?"

Oh no. This is the last thing he wanted. Mrs. Baek? Planning their wedding. However, he didn't want to object, scared that she would actually take back her blessing. He sighed internally and shook her hand. 

"Neh, kamsa. I'll call you as soon as I do" Yesung nodded and made his way out the door by himself. He closed the door behind him and groaned. He really loved Roo but what exactly had he gotten himself into?