Trēs

Marry You

 One thing was shopping. Yes, Roo detested the mere idea of shopping. That's why she would normally stick to online shopping. She didn't have to look at a stupid prepubescent teenagers eyeing her down for buying a couple of shoes or be stuck in an inmense line just to buy a blouse. Besides, malls around Seoul were huge and she absolutely despised walking! 

So, yes, one thing was shopping. But another thing was pointless walking around in circles for hours!

Roo was about 100% sure she already knew her way through the stinking mall while being blindfolded. She squeezed Yesung's hand tightly, digging her nails inside while looking at him furiously. Yesung, who was looking at all the stores by the side, winced as he turned his attention to her irritated girlfriend.

"What was that for?" he hissed

"We've been walking for hours" she whined softly. "When do we stop?"

"We stop.." Yesung laughed softly under his breathe, making a stop around a fountain. "right around.. here" he said, sitting her down in the fountain.

Everything seemed normal. Everyone kept carelessly walking, miding their own business. Mothers carried their babies in their strolls, teenagers laughed together in small groups, children ran around, screaming and chasing each other. So, why was this spot so special?, thought Roo, and why couldn't they just go home?

Suddenly some music started playing. A short guy who Roo recognized as Sungmin, one of Yesung's friends, was holding up a boombox that made everyone stop walking and stare at the event that was about to happen. Roo looked at him in confusion. She turned to her left but saw that Yesung was gone. 

Suddenly, as if out of nowhere, two girls ran in front of Roo and started dancing. Roo recognized them as her two good friends, Amy and Violet. She furrowed her eyes at them. "What are you..?" she managed to let out.

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby I think I wanna marry you

The two girls started dancing together. Roo could only stare at both of them with utter confusion. Her friends had wide smiles on their faces as they continued to dance, Amy even stopping to wink at her for a second. 

Is it the look in your eye or is it this dancing juice.. Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry you~

The two girls danced in perfect synch to the song, moving their heads to the beat. Yesung was still nowhere to be seen.

Well I noticed a little chapel on the boulevard we can go, whoah oh oh. No one will known oh oh oh. Oh come on girl

Leeteuk and Donghae, two of Yesung's friends, ran up and positioned themselves behind the girls. The four began dancing. 

Who cares if we're trashed, got a pocket full of cash, we can go oh oh oh oh. Shots of patron. And it's on girl ~

Don't say no, no, no, no. Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. And we'll go, go, go, go, go. If you're ready, like I'm ready.

She really didn't need this right now. She needed a warm bath and maybe a foot massage. Damn, her feet were really killing her. She looked around, noticing a crowd gathering around. Oh, God. More people, no! She groaned inwardly and continued looking around for Yesung.

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby I think I wanna marry you.. Is it the look in your eye or is it this dancing juice

Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry you~

Heechul and Siwon, more of Yesung's friends, joined in the choreography.
 
Honestly, how long had they been planning this? And what was the point of this? Was someone getting married? She had noticed Amy and Heechul getting pretty serious and Leeteuk and Violet wouldn't stop giving each other loving glances but it wasn't something to get this worked up about!
 
I'll go get a ring let the choir bell sing like oooh~ 
So what you wanna doooo?~
Let's just run girl
If we wake up and you wanna break up, that's cool. No I won't blame you. It was fun, girl.
 
The group of seven ran out and five more boys, all Yesung's friends, ran in. They started doing some sort of mix between hip hop and contemporary. It wasn't going so well for them and it was a bit funny. She heard the crowd laugh a bit and Roo couldn't help but join in as well. So maybe this wasn't so bad.
 
Don't say no, no, no, no, no
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
And we'll go, go, go, go, go
If you're ready
Like I'm ready
 
The five boys danced around, pumping up the crowd. They jumped up and down, clapping as they ran along the crowd. Suddenly Yesung ran inside, making Roo frown in confusion. 
 
"What are you doing?" she mouthed at him but he just ignored her.
 
Yesung danced a small choreography with his five friends. The group of Roo's acquaintances, that Roo hadn't noticed forming before, started cheering. Roo gasped, suddenly coming to realization. No. He wouldn't. He didn't. He wasn't..
 
Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. 
 
She felt like a complete idiot for not thinking about it earlier.

Yesung got closer to Roo, messing her hair and singing close to her lips.

Roo whispered softly, "Yesung"

But before she could finish her sentence (or let alone know where she was going with said sentence), he walked back to the four girls.

Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry you.

Amy and Violet took Roo's arms and moved her towards the dancing crowd, where everyone procedeed to dance around her.

Just say I do, tell me right now, tell me right now baby

The crowd of dancers dispersed, leaving only Roo and Yesung in the middle of the crowd of both strangers and friends. Yesung got on one knee and Roo covered . Tears immediately fell down her cheeks.

Yesung had that cheesy smile she loved so much, the one that could reach both ends of his cheeks. He looked up at her nervously, the red box open, showing a beautiful diamond ring. Roo was in the verge of tears as she covered and choked in a scream of delight.

Yesung looked up at Roo and smiled brightly. "Just say I do, Roo"

Roo slowly nodded her head yes and Yesung's smile widened,

Just say I do, tell me right now, tell me right now baby

Yesung quickly inserted the ring in her finger and stood up to hug her tightly. Roo immediately wrapped her arms around him and let her tears fall on his shoulder.

Cause it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. 

Is it the look in your eyes or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby? I think I wanna marry you.

Everyone started gathering around them and clapping. People were cheering and whistling loudly. But for the first time, Roo didn't hold in her tears. She simply continued to sob on Yesung's shoulder, hugging him tighter than she'd ever done before.

This was the happiest day of her life.

 

 

A/N: Jesus ing christ when I looked for the lyrics all I got was "or is this dancing Jews" I just. Wow why? Anyways, there you go~! I cried like a little writing this c': Cause proposals/ weddings make me hella happy. Roo baby ilysm