[2]My Tutor, My Lover

BeautifulButterfly[One-Shots Requests]

Title:My tutor, my lover

Requester: Jung Kyo Rin

Characters: Jung Kyo Rin(Requester), Kim Key(SHINee)

Written By: Hayoung @ beautiful-bbutterfly.co.nr

-

-

-

-

[Narrator’s POV]

 

 Kyo Rin slowly walked from her open window to her desk. She sighed dramatically as she sat down and started getting ready to do her homework when she heard a noise from outside. Kyo Rin took a peek outside but didn't see anything. Disappointed, Kyo Rin prepared to close the window but heard someone clearing their throat.

 

"Hello?"

 

An extremely good-looking guy stepped out from behind a well-groomed bush leading a magnificent white horse.

 

Kyo Rin gasped.

 

"Taylor Lautner???"

[End of the Dream]

 

"Kyo Rin. Kyo Rin... JUNG KYO RIN!!!" The teacher called for her attention.

 

Kyo Rin snapped her head up from her desk where it had been resting seconds before.

 

"Pay attention! This is going to be on the test next week!" Tiffany hissed.

 

"Right, thanks..." Kyo Rin mumbled. She had fallen asleep again in class. This was the second time in two weeks, thanks to a certain person named Kim Key. Kyo Rin had been staying up late the last few days thinking of ways to bring Key and the other Kingkas of the school, also called SHINee, down. It wasn't an easy task since some of them were a lot smarter than they looked.

 

Out of the corner of her eye, Kyo Rin saw Jonghyun and Key snickering to each other while pointing to her and laughing.

 

"How on earth is a person like that number one in the entire school?"

 

Kyo Rin ignored the offensive comment and focused on what the teacher was saying. She thought to herself,

 

'Key, I'm going to get you someday. Your annoying friends too. Just wait...'

 

"As you all know, you will be writing a test next week. Study all your formulas and everything we learned last week. Class dismissed." the teacher announced before sitting down at her desk.

 

Finally, lunch! As Kyo Rin started gathering her stuff Nicole tapped her on the shoulder.

 

"We should totally go eat at that cafe down the street today. I heard they have the hottest waiters. Tiffany already said she was going." Nicole gushed.

 

Kyo Rin grinned at her friend's enthusiasm and was about to answer yes when the teacher called her up to her desk.

 

"Yes, Mrs. Kim?"

 

"Kyo Rin, you signed up for being a student tutor last month, right?"

 

Kyo Rin had forgotten all about that. She didn't want to do it anymore but a commitment is a commitment...

 

"Yes, I did..."

 

"Well, I have a student for you to teach.”

 

"You do??"

 

"Yes. He is quite difficult but I'm sure with your leadership he will be able to improve."

 

Difficult? Kyo Rin already had enough difficult things to deal with.

 

"About that Mrs. Kim, you see, I'm actually not that good of a tutor and I'm also not very good at dealing with difficult people, so I'm not really the right person for the-"

 

"Jung Kyo Rin."

 

"Yes?"

 

"You were sleeping in class today, weren't you?"

 

Kyo Rin cursed under her breath. You couldn't hide anything from Mrs.Kim.

 

"And if I'm not mistaken, that's the second time in two weeks."

 

Kyo Rin was silent. She turned her head and mouthed to Tiffany and Nicole that they should go ahead without her.

 

"Kyo Rin, tutoring is one of the best ways to study and focus. I think you need that right now."

 

"Yes, ma'am." Kyo Rin said through gritted teeth.

 

"Alright then, so would you like to know who you are tutoring?"

 

"Yes." Oh please, not some dork or geek that picks his nose or-

 

"His name is Kim Key. Tutoring starts tomorrow after school in the library."

 

"WHAT? KIM KEY? WHY HIM???"

 

"Calm down, Kyo Rin. I know you two have had your differences but..."

 

"DIFFERENCES??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

 

"Miss Jung! Why are you raising your voice? And to a teacher, no less?"

 

"You don't understand. I hate Key. He hates me. We're never going to get along. I just can't tutor him!"

 

"I'm sorry, but Key's parents requested specifically to have the most intelligent student in the school tutor Key."

 

"Mrs.Kim!"

 

"Go eat your lunch, Kyo Rin, we'll talk more about this later."

 

Kyo Rin had no choice but to walk out of the classroom. As soon as the door was closed behind her she stomped her feet and surpressed a scream.

 

"So the Queenka finally shows her true colours." Key smirked.

 

"What. The hell. Are you. Doing. Here."

 

"Whoa, calm down. I'm just here because Mrs.Kim called me down."

 

Kyo Rin shot Key a look and stomped past him.

 

Key's POV:

Wow. She's really pissed off. Maybe she's on her PMS?

 

Narrator's POV:

Key slung the classroom door open and walked inside.

 

"What up Mrs.K? Why'd you call me down?"

 

"I found you a tutor."

 

"Really?" Key leaned on and whispered, "Is she cute?"

 

Irritated, Mrs.Kim replied, "Her name is Jung Kyo Rin. You will be starting your tutoring sessions tomorrow after school in the library."

 

"Ha ha, that's really funny, but seriously, who's my tutor?"

 

"I just told you. Kyo Rin."

 

"Wait a sec, what? Her? My tutor? That's not possible."

 

 Mrs.Kim sighed and started rubbing her temples. Key stood in shock for a minute until he fumed,

"Just wait until my parents find out. I am NOT being tutored by that !"

 

Key stormed out of the classroom.

 

The next day after school.

 

Kyo Rin's POV:

Great! First my teacher forces me to tutor the person I hate the most in the world, then I have to miss out on a shopping trip with my friends.

"Let's get this over with..." I grumbled as I plunked myself down on a chair in the library.

 

Key's POV:

I can't believe it. I can't believe that my parents actually want their one and only son to go to tutoring sessions with a crazy person like Jung Kyo Rin.

She's probably going to stab me within the first couple minutes.

I spotted Kyo Rin sitting down at a table near the entrance of the library.

Here goes nothing...

 

Narrator's POV:

"Speak of the devil." Key murmured as he sat down at the table.

"Whatever, dimwit. I'm not the one that's failing all his classes." Kyo Rin retorted.

Key scowled. He knew he wasn't smart and that it was one of his weak points, but he had a lot of other positive points and he hated it when people rubbed his unintelligence in his face.

 

"."

 

"Excuse me???"

 

"Yeah, that's right. You're nothing but a heartless that has nothing better to do but make people feel bad."

 

Kyo Rin was shocked. Key was actually hurt? Normally when she hurled an insult like that to him he just smirked and walked away.

 

'It must be a weak spot for him.' Kyo Rin thought. She felt horrible.

 

Kyo Rin looked away.

 

After an awkward moment, Key cleared his throat and Kyo Rin took out a notebook. She tried to ask him what he wanted to learn first but Key didn't answer. Finally he said,

 

"What's with you and judging how smart other people are?"

 

"Well what's with you always trying to bother me?"

 

"Didn't you know? My favorite hobby is annoying the hell out of people."

 

"You're disgusting."

 

"You have anger management problems."

 

"Shut up, I do not!"

 

The tutoring session went on and on and by the time it was over, they had done no studying whatsoever. The 'tutoring sessions' went on like that for a month until one day...

 

Key and Kyo Rin are both sitting at their table in the library. Both are not talking to each other because they're so pissed off. Then Key blurts out,

 

"Y'know, we wouldn't be like this if you hadn't insulted me about my intellect and called me a dimwit."

 

Kyo Rin remembers and feels bad all over again.

 

"Y-you're right. It was wrong. I wouldn't want someone to call me a dimwit. I... I'm...sorry."

 

Key was surprised. The Queenka was apologizing? This was definitely a first.

 

"Apology accepted. I-I'm sorry for calling you a and saying you have anger management problems."

 

"I accept your apology as well...Key, can I ask you something?"

 

Key gulped and replied,

 "What is it?"

 

"I want to know, why did you start teasing me so much?"

 

"Well, you see... I don't know. It's just... You're queenka and I really respect you. I wanted to get closer to you, so I started joking around but you took it the wrong way, I guess."

 

"It didn't seem like joking to me."

 

"I'm really sorry."

 

"It's all good."

Kyo Rin held out her hand and Key shook it.

 

"So...would you like to actually try tutoring me?"

 

"Sure! Let's start with..."

 

"I'm warning you, it's not going to be easy."

 

"Don't sweat it!  I'll make you a straight ‘A’ student in no time!"

 

And the two started the tutoring lessons (for real). Since they had wasted a lot of time fighting while they were supposed to be studying, they decided to meet more often. Instead of once a week, it was changed to three times a week. Sure enough, Key's grades improved and one day, Kyo Rin was invited to Key's house.

 

Ding Dong!

 

Kyo Rin nervously waited at the front door of Key's house. She was dressed casually but conservatively in a pretty blouse and jeans with her hair tied back, revealing her naturally bright face.

 

Key opened the door.

 

"Hey, you're right on time!" He commented as he checked Kyo Rin out.

Kyo Rin noticed and blushed slightly.

 

"Stop that." Kyo Rin scolded.

 

Key looked away and called,

"Umma, Appa, Kyo Rin is here!"

 

The evening went extremely well until Key's Appa announced that Key was now passing all his classes and he didn't need to be tutored anymore. Key and Kyo Rin were silent. As they were saying goodbye Key suggested that they have one last tutoring session before going their separate ways. After agreeing on the date, Kyo Rin left for her house.

 

Kyo Rin's POV:

 Why is my heart beating so fast? Why did that feel like I was meeting my boyfriend's parents? I have so many questions...

 

The next day after school, the final tutoring session.

"Hey." Key greeted Kyo Rin.

 

"Hey. Sit down, I want to ask you a few things."

 

"Huh? This isn't like an exam of all the things you've taught me is it?"

 

Kyo Rin laughed and replied, "No. I wanted to ask you about your tutoring experience so the next time I tutor I can do better."

 

"Oh. Well then, go ahead!"

 

The questions went like this:

 

What was your first impression of me?

Ummm, you know that already.

 

Did you find my way of tutoring effective?

Yeah! I went from D's to A's!

 

Did you enjoy your studying with me?

Well, not at the beginning, but later, yeah. Well as much as I can enjoy studying, anyways.

 

(So on, so forth.)

 

"Alright, that was all of my questions. Do you...have anything to say?"

 

"Yeah. I wanted to say that..."

 

Kyo Rin held her breath.

 

"...I'm glad we got over our differences and did something right. I also hope that we can still be good friends after this."

 

Kyo Rin hid her crushed feelings and said, "Me too."

 

Key and Kyo Rin both stood up.

 

"So this is it, huh?" Kyo Rin said with a hint of sadness.

 

"This isn't going to be the last time we see each other or anything." Key laughed.

 

"You know what I mean." Kyo Rin couldn't help but smile.

 

"Yeah, so... I guess I'll see you around."

 

As Key turned and walked out of the library, Kyo Rin felt her heart starting to break.

 

Next week.

 

Key's POV:

I spotted Kyo Rin walk into the classroom. I was surprised because her friend Tiffany told me that Kyo Rin was sick and she wouldn't be back until next month or so. I walked up to her and asked,

"What are you doing here? I thought you were sick. Shouldn't you be at home resting?"

 

Kyo Rin mumbled back,

"I wasn't sick..."

 

 So Tiffany was lying? Kyo Rin passed me and sat in her seat. Mrs.Kim came in and I quickly sat down. I tried talking to Kyo Rin again at break but she ignored me. I was confused. I thought we had agreed to stay friends after the tutoring sessions were over.

 

'I guess she didn't really mean it...' I thought. Then I started to get angry. What did I do wrong? Nothing. So why was she giving me the silent treatment? I decided I would keep bugging her until she told me what was going on. That is, after all, my specialty.

 

Kyo Rin's POV:

When I saw Key again it felt like my broken heart started beating again. I had stayed home the last few weeks because I didn't want to see him but I didn't want my grades to slip so I came today. Nicole read my mind and pulled me into a hug. Tiffany eventually joined in.

'Why do I need him when I have two amazing friends here by my side?' I thought, trying to convince myself to think of things other than Key.

 

Narrator's POV

Kyo Rin kept avoiding Key while Key chased Kyo Rin. This went on until Key finally managed to corner Kyo Rin in the hallway.

 

"Why are you avoiding me?" Key asked.

 

"..."

 

"Say something Kyo Rin."

 

"The reason I've been avoiding you is because...

 I like you a lot, Key. No, I love you. My heart ached when I saw you walked away at the last tutoring class, and I realized that I fell in love with you, I didn't know how to say it before... Will you accept my heart?"

 

Both remained silent.

 

"You...what? Why? When?"

 

"Please answer my question first. Key, do you love me? Do you accept my heart?"

 

Kyo Rin looked Key in the eyes. When he didn't answer Kyo Rin ran off without a word.

 

Kyo Rin started sobbing. She stumbled to the girl's washroom while Key ran all the way to where the school kingkas were hanging out.

 

"What's wrong Key?" Minho asked when he arrived.

 

Key didn't answer. Instead he collapsed on the ground and stayed there until he was convinced that his heart was beating at a normal rate.

 

Next day after school (again.XD).

Key stood next to the library table where he and Kyo Rin had met for tutoring. He pictured them fighting, apologizing, laughing... falling for each other.

 

Key realized the mistake he had made and was going to find Kyo Rin when he saw her enter the library.

 

For a moment, Key couldn't breathe. He hadn't realized how beautiful Kyo Rin really was, inside and out.

 

"Kyo Rin!" Key exclaimed.

 

Kyo Rin stopped in her tracks. She had come to the library to return a book.

 

"Key?" Kyo Rin said in disbelief.

 

Key was in front of Kyo Rin within seconds.

 

"Kyo Rin, I made a mistake. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you this before but... Yes, I love you, and yes, I accept your heart. Do you accept mine?

 

Kyo Rin couldn't believe it. Key had just confessed.

She fake-sniffed and pouted.

 

"Meanie."

 

Key pulled Kyo Rin close and brushed his lips against hers.

 

"Better?"

 

"Maybe one more...."

 

"What do you two kids think you're doing? This is the library!"

 

"Oops." Kyo Rin giggled as Key dragged her outside.

 

THE END

I hope you liked it!