chapter 6

My first love.

 

Min Hwan went to Hyun Cheol’s house in Busan. “Knock knocks!” He knocked the door.

A girl opened the door. Min Hwan saw a guy standing behind her, whom he happened to believe that guy, was Hyun Cheol.

“Who are you?” Hyun Cheol began to ask.

“Annyeonghaseyo, by any chance, are you Park Hyun Cheol?”

“Ne~ I am. And this is my wife, Hye Jin.”

Min Hwan was shocked after knowing that he is already married, and he introduced himself, “My name is Choi Min Hwan. I’m from Seoul. I need to talk to you personally.”

Hye Jin stood near the door and was looking at her husband talking to Min Hwan but she could not hear their conversation as they were standing far apart from the house.

“I am Jang Mi’s fiancé. I’m sure you know her.”

Hyun Cheol eyes opened wider as he heard Min Hwan.

“D-d-d-d-o you mean, Lee Jang Mi?”

“Ne~”He answered with a serious voice.

“I came here just to tell you, Jang Mi’s now being treated in the hospital.”

Before Hyun Cheol talked, Min Hwan added again, “She suffers a brain cancer since 3 years ago. She loves you. I have a prove.”He then took out the diary from his car and handed the book to Hyun Cheol.

He took the diary and went to the first page. He read it thoroughly.

After reading it, Hyun Cheol stayed silent. He never thought that Jang Mi had hidden her feelings for several years.

“So if you could, please come to Seoul to visit her. Maybe with your presence she will get conscious from her coma.”

Min Hwan made his way back to Seoul. His heart was hurt enough he could not bear it.

Hyun Cheol asked his wife, if he could stay in Seoul for a few days. He told her everything about Jang Mi.

With a broken heart, Hye Jin agreed to let her husband go for several days.

Hye Jin ran to the living room and burst into tears as she could not stand the pain anymore.

Hyun Cheol then packed his clothes and stuff, and drove to Seoul on that evening, leaving his wife alone in the house.