2 - The Owner

A Cat Story *Short Story*

"K-Kim... Kim... AAAH-hmmphf." Jae's eyes widens she was about to shout but Kimchi suddenly covered

"Pssh... It's morning. Your mom and dad is still asleep might be tired from yesterdays travel to home" Kimchi pouted cutely and grab back his hand.

 

Jae was still unable to speak, terrified her cat talk and more weirdly it became a human.

 

Kimchi stood up and stretch like it was his bedroom... like it was the usual morning for both of them.

"Jae! I'm hungry!! Now... get up and fix yourself. Feed me!!!!!!!"

'I know Kimchi is one of a cute stray cat.. not a handsome guy who suddenly appear and you found him on your own bed.' Jae thought... Speaking of bed...

 

"Get... OUT! OUT! OUT!" Jae finally came back to the world and realized she's wearing a pajamas and there's a guy infront of her... good thing his well dress.

"AH! AH! J-Jae!!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUT!!!!!!" She wasn't satisfied with pushing him out and throw her pillows and some big and small stuff toys on him.

"YAH! This is animal abuse!"

"I don't care! GET OUT NOW!" She manage to shove him out and bang the door loudly.

 

"Does Jae hate me now? I didn't do anything!" Kimchi mumbled by himself.

"Oh? Kimchi? Did Jae woke you up too?" Mrs. Kim said as she rub her eyes seems like she woke up from Jae's noise. "That kid is sometimes weird. Hope you understand and welcome to the family by the way. I'm trusting Jae on you." she pat Kimchi and walk to the kitchen still yawning.

"Jae's a bad owner. Not even thinking to her tired parents." a sudden rumble of his stomach made him curl. "AAAH~ really a bad owner! Making me hungry."

"I HEARD THAT!" Jae shouted.

Kimchi twitch his shoulders. "Fine the.. I'll live on my own ... If only I could speak, I'll call the Animal Welfare and report you!" he mumbled.

Kimchi made his way to he kitchen and got fed my Mrs. Kim.

 

-+-+-

Eottokkhe! Eottokkhe! Is this a punishment by the heavens? I'm just a good Samaritan after the storm. Why? Why is this happening? Am I crazy? Is this because I haven't confess? WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

My train of thoughts stop when someone knock. No please stop it. Bring back Kimchi as a cat. I prefer him as a cat rather than human. JUST MAKE ME DUMB TODAY THAT I THOUGHT KIMCHI WAS A HUMAN!

"Jae?" Dad called after knocking again.

"Y-yessssss?"

"Breakfast ready."

"I'll go down after a sec."

-+-+-

Kimchi was grinning happily while standing at the edge of table behind her dad and mom.

"What's with the fuss this morning?" her dad said as he scan the newspaper.

"Uhm.. the cat.. Kimchi."

"That poor kitty, you didn't even feed him this morning. Good thing I woke up from your noise and found him." mom lean behind and grab Kimchi... sitting on her lap.

HIS TOO BIG TO SAT ON MOMS LAP!!!

oh I forgot he even cling his arms around mom shoulder... that guy.

"Kimchi will be with you if were not around. Please take good care of him." mom said and caress his forehead

"I thought you like Kimchi? Are you now having a second thought, my child? It's already too late your mom likes the cat."

"Cat?! Dad... Kimchi's not a cat." I placed the spoon I'm using to the side to talk better with them.

"Not a cat? Tigers and Lions are their family."

"W-what? you don't understand! His not an animal!"

"Yeobo..." Dad said as he neatly fold the newspaper and look at mom whose busy cuddling Kimchi... That guy he like it.

"You're daughter's fine! She must be floating from yesterday."

"I'm not floating! My mind is functioning fine!"

Just then the door bell rang and someone open the front door. Must be a friend.

 

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Kim!" Taemin greeted. Great! Nice timing! "Good morning Jae... Urr, you got milk on you below you nose."

"Good Morning Taemin, did you eat breakfast?"

"Yes."

"Good Morning Kimchi."

"Taemin!! Don't talk to Kimchi!" I ordered as I finish wiping the remains of the milk I drank.

"She's on 'It's-mine-dont-touch-it' mode today." Mom laughed hard. UGH. I'm not!

"We will be going then... Bye mom.. dad. Let's go."

"Later Mr and Mrs. Kim!" Taemin manage to say before being drag to the door

 

"Aigoo, that kid. When will she tell the thing to Taemin-gun..." Mrs. Kim mumbled.

 

'Thing?' Kimchi thought

-+-+-

 

:)