1 - The Cat

A Cat Story *Short Story*

Jae found a cat inside her old cabinet behind her house.

It was meowing loudly that took her notice one fine afternoon while cleaning her lawn after a typhoon. It was a typical cat around the neighborhood. Since it was stray, Jae took care of it. She gave the cat a fish.

Later she heard nothing. It might be sleeping. After cleaning the lawn full of leaves left by the typhoon. Jae went inside and see if the cat is okay. The cat was nowhere to be found!

'Aah! It might be, the cat found a place to hide inside the house. Cats are usually like that.' Jae thought.

 

After preparing a snack. The cat came near her and meowed loudly.

"Are you hungry again? You got a really big stomach little kitty." The cat turned around and walked away.

 

Jae followed the cat. It seems like the cat informed her that the cat did poop.

"Such a good kitty doing your business on the bathroom."

 

-+-

 

"Do you like to have a name little kitty?"

"Meow"

"How about Dew?"

"Meoooow~"

"Are you a girl or a boy? What let me take a look at you." Jae touch the cats belly and felt little bumps... Small as her pimples in the upper chin.

"Your a girl I guess? Though I'm not quite sure with your gender... Can I name you Kimchi?"

"Meow"

"Kimchi" Kimchi walk close to her and rub herself on her.

 

-+-

 

"My relatives won't be home until the typhoon leaves the country... Can you stay with me through the night Kimchi?"

"Meow." Jae took it as a Yes. She craddle Kimchi in her arms on her way to her bedroom.

 

"This is my room." The cat took a good look on her room.

"Meow"

"Yes I know it's kinda small for a human like me. But I like it here... And this is my bed." Jae put Kimchi on her bed and sat comfortable.

"We can sleep together." Kimchi went to the pillow and curled herself comfortably on it.

"Move a little. So that I can rest my head too!" and the two sleep together.

 

The next day Jae's friend Taemin came to visit her.

"Mom, was worried about you when the typhoon passed yesterday." says Taemin while grabbing a bite on the cookie his mon gave to him to give it to Jae.

"I'm fine! I'm old enough but tell your mom thanks for the concern, these cookies are great! Did she baked it?"

"Silly how can she baked? There's no power remember?". The typhoon took a great damage in city's basic needs. The wind was strong that yesterday that they need to cut it off and it seems there was a little problem downtown since the electricity hasn't gone back.

"Oh she bought it... I see."

"Meow"

"What was that?"

"My cat"

"Meow."

"Come here." Jae hold her in her arms and Taemin pet her.

"Oh a domestic cat. Egyptian meu i guess?"

"You heard that? You're an egyptian meu! Kimchi!"

"Kimchi? Weird name Jae, very weird."

"I couldn't think of anything at that moment. It kinda unual kind of name for her. It perferctly fits."

"Her? It's a guy Jae!"

"G-guy?"..

"Kimchi? Youre a guy???"

"Meow~"

"I really thought youre a girl!"

 

The bell by the door rang sign that somebody came in. Taemin and Jae stood up and look.

"Jae? Are you inside? Come down for a sec. Help your mom at the car could you?"

"Dad!?"

 

-+-

 

"Taemin, you should stay for dinner its been awhile since I saw you eating with us." Jae's mom said.

"It's okay Mrs. Kim, I'll come by and take the invitation when mom doesn't feel cooking. She's cooking my favorite tonight. Maybe next time Mrs. Kim. I know your tired too."

"I see. Well then thank you for coming over and be with Jae for a moment."

"I'll be going now. Bye Mr. and Mrs. Kim! Bye Jae"

 

Jae's parents went home early than expected seems like that typhoon was considering it. Mr. and Mrs. Kim were both doing office work. Jae had grown to be with Taemin while the two are in their business trip.

 

"So Jae, about your cat." Her father look at her.

"I found it behind the house!"

"You can keep it."

"T-though its a stray ca- what?"

"I said you can keep the cat but with one condition take a good care with okay? I don't want to smell its poop inside the house. Got that?"

"Thanks Dad!"

"Heard that Kimchi??!"

"Meow"

"Look at you daughter. She look like we just agreed her having a boyfriend." her mom whispered as she was looking to her only daughter laughing and giggling.

"She's still highschool dear. Its more practical to have a cat than staying in guys place."

"Are you referring to Taemin yeobo?"

"N-no!! Yeobo~" Mr. Kim was about to add more when Jae kiss them goodnight.

 

"You'll be sleeping with me right?" Kimchi found his way to her pillow and curled.

 

Jae went first to the bathroom. When she came back Kimchi was not in her pillow anymore. She called for him but no answer. She look around her room and found the window was open.

 

'He could not have runaway didn't he?' Jae thought. That night she sleep late, worrying to Kimchi.

The next morning... It seems like her bed shrink. She seems to be uncomfrtable with it. She rolled a little and rested her hand on Kimchi fur.

 

'He came back.' She hug Kimchi. She caressed his body. She was looking for Kimchi's nose by her touch. When suddenly she couldn't feel his fur. She immediately sat up and found a guy in her bed. Stimutanously, the guy woke up and sat down.

Jae scoot away from him and trap in the corner of her bed and wall.

"Who are you??!!"

"Jae~"

"H-how? Why do you know my name??"

"Jae~" the guy crawled near her.

"Don't come near me!!!! Mom! Dad!!"

"Jae~"

The guy rest himself on her lap and rolled to look at her face. His eyes seems familiar. The hazel like color of his iris. His hair feels like familiar too.

 

"It's me. Your Kimchi. Jae~"

 

-+-

 

How was it? Please Comment I'm curious of what you are thinking x)