The Ghost of Masquerade

The Ghost of Masquerade

Annyeong haseyo readers...I'm so...so sorry for the late update. I'm really busy with my minithesis so it's really hard for me to continue this story. I hope you'll understand it... :'( And I hope you'll like this chapter too...I'll try to update as possible as I can^^

__________________________________________________________________________________________

“So, tell me what do you know about Uncle Heechul’s cousins,” Ye Ri started.

Henry shook his head,

“Ah, so we really will do this? Ah, arasso... “ he sighed and continued,

“They all died in 1983, 30 years ago. Leeteuk, Yesung, Siwon, Sungmin, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kyuhyun, and Ryeowook. They died after they drink tequila,”

“The tequilas...were poisoned?” said Ye Ri quickly and Henry nodded,

“Yes, by cyanide,”

Aigoo...” Zhoumi shook his head. Ye Ri gulped.

“That was a really big tragedy. Really big tragedy. Every newspaper wrote about it. Radio and TV broke the news too,” Henry continued.

“Then, uncle Heechul’s uncle? How about him?” Ye Ri asked.

Henry shook his head,

“I don’t know. Guys, this is really a big and sad tragedy. Everyone don’t wanna talk about it. So, how do we get the information about what happened 30 years ago?” Henry looked pessimist.

Ye Ri patted her forehead,

Omo, I’m forget about it! Um...the library? Omo, yes! We can search about the news from the library! And the internet too!”  

She looked at them and said once again,

“Guys, let’s solve this mystery,”

Henry and Zhoumi looked at each other. Henry shook his head while Zhoumi sighed.

***

Henry looked at his notebook,

“Every sites wrote the same thing and same fact.  There’s no difference,” he said.

Zhoumi nodded,

“I already checked the library too. But...there’s no newspaper I could find,”

Ye Ri sighed. Suddenly Mrs. Hong, one of the waitress appeared while brought a tray. She smiled,

“Snack time,”

Ye Ri, Henry and Zhoumi smiled too,

Gamsahamnida, Mrs. Hong,”

Mrs. Hong nodded and ready to go when Ye Ri said,

“Um, do you know...something about...the tragedy 30 years ago?”

Mrs. Hong stopped quickly. Her face turned pale suddenly.

“W..what? What tragedy? There’s no tragedy here 30 years ago, Miss...”

Ye Ri shook her head,

“No, Mrs. Hong. There’s a tragedy. When Uncle heechul’s cousin dead,”

Mrs. Hong’s face turned more pale than before. She shooked her head many times,

“No...No, Miss...there’s no tragedy like that,”

Henry opened his mouth, wanna ask something but before he did that, Mrs. Hong quickly left the room.

Zhoumi sighed,

“We just mentioned word “tragedy” and Mrs. Hong’s face turned pale immediately,”

Ye Ri looked at Henry,

“Henry, why that tragedy makes everyone...scare?”

Henry shook his head slowly,

“I guess that...perhaps because of that was a really big tragedy, with so many death. Or...”

“Or that’s because they felt the same things too? They experienced..scary events like us?” Zhoumi said quickly and Henry nodded,

“I guess so,”

Ye Ri touched her forehead,

“This is makes me dizzy. We don’t have any information again,” she said. Zhoumi looked at her,

“Can we ask Aunt Yoon Mi again? You said that she also investigate the tragedy too?” he asked and Ye Ri nodded. She already told them that aunt Yoon Mi investigated the tragedy.

“Then let’s ask Aunt Yoon Mi. If we can solve this mystery together, I think everything here will be normal again,” Henry said.

Ye Ri and Zhoumi nodded.

***

Aunt Yoon Mi was in the kitchen when Ye Ri, Henry and Zhoumi looked for her. She smiled,

“I made chocolate cake for your uncle, Henry,”

Henry looked at her,

“Uncle Shindong?” he asked. Aunt Yoon Mi laughed,

“Of course! Today is his birthday!”

Henry patted his forehead,

Aigoo, I forget about that, Auntie!”

Aunt Yoon Mi laughed once again,

“That’s OK. Um, can you help me give me the sugar over there?” she said and Henry quickly gave her the sugar. Ye Ri and Zhoumi offered help too and they immediately busy in the kitchen. Sometimes Henry’s childish behaviour made them laugh.

Omo, don’t eat the batter, Henry!” Aunt Yoon Mi took Henry’s hand.

“But this looks very delicious, Auntie!” Henry then tried to get the batter with the other hand but Aunt Yoon Mi caught it quickly while laughed.

“No,” 

Henry looked really dissapointed while Ye Ri and Zhoumi laughed so hard watched him.

While they waited the cake ready to serve, Ye Ri said,

“Um...Aunt Yoon Mi?”

“Yes?” Aunt Yoon Mi answered while cheched the cake in the oven.

Ye Ri, Henry and Zhoumi looked at each other then Henry said,

“We need an information from you, Auntie...About the incident...30 years ago,”

Aunt Yoon Mi surprised then looked at them,

“Ye Ri, you already told them, don’t you?” she asked Ye Ri and Ye Ri nodded,

“Yes, Auntie...”

Aunt Yoon Mi sighed and she checked the cake again. Then she saw Mr. Yoon and told him to looked after the cake.

“Alright. I’ll tell you. But we can’t talk here. Let’s go to the library,” she said.

When they gathered at the library, Aunt Yoon Mi said,

“Now, what do you want to know, kids?”

Henry, Ye Ri, and Zhoumi looked at each other then Zhoumi answered,

“Everything that you know, Auntie...”

Aunt Yoon Mi nodded and said,

“They all died, because of poison in their tequilas. There’s no other reason why all of them suddenly dead together like that. They all dead while the party had just started,”

“The party?” Henry asked and Aunt Yoon Mi nodded.

“Yes. Masquerade Party which held by Kwon Yoon Jae, Heechul’s uncle,”

“Why there’s a poison in the tequila? How can it happened?” Henry asked and Aunt Yoon Mi sighed before said,

“Murder. Someone put the poison in the tequilas,”

“But why? And who did that?” Ye Ri looked confused. Aunt Yoon Mi looked at her,

“Unfortunately, no one knew about that. Perhaps Kwon Yoon Jae’s enemy, or something like that. The investigation finally faced dead end. There’s no clue, even just once,”

Aigoo...” Henry looked shocked.

“There’s no more information we could find, Auntie. In the newspaper of websites,” Ye Ri said and Aunt Yoon Mi nodded,

“That’s way I can’t reveal this mystery,”

Zhoumi suddenly remembered something,

“You said that you saw Ryeowook, Auntie? And Aunt Ji Eun saw Leeteuk?” 

Aunt Yoon Mi nodded,

“Yes. In the music room, I saw Ryeowook. And Ji Eun, after she fell from the stairs, she pointed at the stairs and shouted Leeteuk’s name,”

“I feel something strange when I watched TV, like someone watched me,” Zhoumi continued.

Aunt Yoon Mi frown,

“Really? TV room? That’s Donghae’s favourite room,” she said and Zhoumi gulped.

Henry suddenly said,

“And I smelt strange perfume from my room, Auntie. That’s not my perfume or Zhoumi’s perfume,”

Aunt Yoon Mi looked at him,

“If I’m not wrong, your room, Henry, was Kyuhyun’s room before,” she said and Henry gulped too.

Ye Ri suddenly took a paper and drew something.

“This is the sketch of this house, Auntie. So this is where we saw Ryeowook,” she made a circle at the paper.

“And this is where Aunt Ji Eun saw Leeteuk,” she made a circle once again.

“Henry and Zhoumi’s room was Kyuhyun’s room and TV room was Donghae’s favourite room,” Ye Ri continued.

Aunt Yoon Mi looked at the picture.

“That’s right. Give me the paper, I’ll add something,”

And she wrote something,

“This is the hall when the party held. The tragedy happened here, it’s the centre of this mystery,” she said.

Henry looked at the picture,

“Auntie...if we don’t find more information...” he didn’t continue his words.

Aunt Yoon Mi nodded,

“Then we got stuck like 30 years ago,”

***