The Ghost of Masquerade

The Ghost of Masquerade

Ye Ri felt someone touched her body and she turned her body quickly.

“Aunt Yoon Mi!” she shouted. Aunt Yoon Mi put her finger on her lips.

“Psst! You saw him, right?” she said slowly and Ye Ri nodded, still felt scare. Aunt Yoon Mi nodded too and said,

“I thought that it was only me who can hear him and saw him. Or perhaps the other pretend not to hear it,”

She grabbed Ye Ri’s arms.

“Come on, come with me. I’ll tell something to you,”

Didn’t have any choice, Ye Ri followed her.

***

Aunt Yoon Mi brought her to her room.

“Why don’t you sleep with Uncle Shindong?” Ye Ri asked, felt confused. Aunt Yoon Mi smiled. It’s the first time Ye Ri saw her smile.

“Just when we come here, I never sleep with him. I always feel that he’s scare with me when we’re here,”

“Henry said that you have...paranoia,” Ye Ri said that before she could restrain. Aunt Yoon Mi smiled again.

“Everyone said so. No, Ye Ri. I feel that there’s something strange in this house. Ji Eun saw Leeteuk before she died, and I saw Ryeowook when I came here for the first time. I know that something creepy ever happened here,” she explained.

“Uncle Heechul’s cousin died 30 years ago,” Ye Ri said slowly. Aunt Yoon Mi nodded,

“Yes. All of them. Leeteuk, Yesung, Siwon, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun,”

“But why?” Ye Ri confused. Aunt Yoon Mi shook her head,

“No one knows. Everyone here shut their mouth. Even Mr. Yoon,” she said.

Ye Ri looked at Aunt Yoon Mi,

“And the man in the music piano...”

“Ryeowook,” Aunt Yoon Mi nodded.

“There’s something here, Ye Ri. Something creepy. I tried to solve the mystery but it seemed...so difficult,” she added.

And she’s right. Ye Ri would realize that the next that happening was real.

***

Zhoumi felt bored that night, the same night when Ye Ri walked to the music room. So he decided to watch TV. Henry fell asleep immediately when his head touched then pillow so Zhoumi didn’t have a choice than watched the TV alone.

“That kid...really fast to sleep. Huft...” Zhoumi sighed when he changed the channel. He took soda from the refrigerator and took out the snacks that Henry brought.

“He’s right,” Zhoumi smiled widely while opened the snacks. “This is useful,” he added and ate the snack happily while watched the TV.

When he’s enjoy the program, suddenly he felt goosebumps. He didn’t know why but he felt...strange. He felt...he’s not alone...

“Ah, come on. It’s just a feeling,” and he continued watch TV and laughed while watch.

That feeling came again and Zhoumi felt suddenly frightened. He’s unsure but he felt he saw something...someone was watch him...

Zhoumi started to sweat out. The he heard a sound and screamed.

“Uwaaa...uwaaa!” he shouted while hid his face with he sofa pillow.

“Zhoumi, Zhoumi!” A sound made him finally put off the pillow,

“Ye Ri! You made me scare!” Zhoumi took a breath.

Ye Ri, who’s confused, looked at him,

“Me? Made you scare? Omo, don’t talk something like that! I just came from aunt Yoon Mi’s room when I heard your scream!” she said.

Zhoumi looked at her,

Omo, I’m sorry... I just feel that...” but he didn’t continued his words, he felt that he’s just imagine what he felt.

“Feel that what?” Ye Ri asked and Zhoumi shook his head, then tried to smile.

“Nothing. Um, let’s watch TV together,” he said. Ye Ri looked at him once again before nodded,

“You’re a little bit strange. But OK.”

***

 

 Aunt Ri In was on the garden when Ye Ri walked to her,

“Let me help you, Aunt Ri In,” she offered. Aunt Ri In smiled,

“Ah, gomaweoyo...”

While they busy, Aunt Ri In told a story,

“Didn’t Heechul say that this is his wife’s garden?”

Ye Ri nodded,

“Yes,”

Aunt Ri In smiled,

“Ji Eun and I was really close. She liked gardening, just like me. So she said that if she died, I must take care of this garden,”

Ye Ri nodded once again,

“Ah, I see,”

“Look, that is her favourite flowers, red rose,” Aunt Ri In pointed at one side of the garden, fulled of red rose. Ye Ri amazed,

“Wow, there’s so many flowers!”

Aunt Ri In smiled widely,

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” and Ye Ri nodded,

“Yes, really beautiful,”

Then he looked at Aunt Ri In,

“Um...Aunt Ri In? Can I ask you something?” he said. Aunt Ri In looket at him back, still smiled,

“Ask what?” she answered.

Ye Ri thought for a second before she said,

“Um...about Aunt Ji Eun. I heard that she...she shouted Leeteuk’s name before she died...”

Aunt Ri In’s smiled dissapeared quickly and her face turned pale,

“Ye Ri...Don’t mention...don’t mention that name, please...” she said slowly.

Ye Ri looked confused after looked her expression,

“Why? I just feel that it’s weird, Auntie...”

Aunt Ri In shook her head,

“No matter what, don’t mention his name, Ye Ri. Or Ryeowook name, please,”

“But...why?” Ye Ri still confused but Aunt Ri In shook her head once again, looked scare.

“Promise me you wouldn’t mention their names anymore,” she said.

Ye Ri didn’t have a choice, so she nodded.

***

Henry walked to his room. Zhoumi said that he will played billiard with Uncle Heechul. Henry didn’t interest at that, so he didn’t participate.

It’s been five days and he want to check his email. So he his notebook and quickly busy.

When he still busy, he suddenly felt something weird. He had a feeling that someone watched him. He quickly looked around, but no one there. He laughed a little,

“Ah, my imagination goes too far,” he said and continued activity, but then he suddenly smelt something,

“Is this perfume? It’s not like my perfume or Zhoumi’s perfume,” he said, confused.

That perfume really smelt clearly. It smelt from inside the room...That smell was near...

Henry shiver. He turnef off his notebook then left his room quickly.

***

Henry, Zhoumi and Ye Ri gathered in music room. Zhoumi suddenly said,

“Guys, I have something to say,”

“What?” Henry replied while took the violin.

“I think...I mean I felt...um, I felt something strange here. Last night when I watched TV, I felt that I am not alone...” Zhoumi said.

Ye Ri looked at him,

“So, that’s the reason why you shouted?” she asked and Zhoumi’s face turned red.

“Ah...y...yes,” he finally answered.

Ye Ri nodded,

“I also feel the same. Last night, I saw someone played piano. Remember when I said that I heard someone played lullaby? I saw who played it last night. He...he wore a mask. And...And Auntie Yoon Mi said it’s Ryeowook,” she told them.

Zhoumi gulped. Henry looked at him and laughed,

Omo, please don’t be scare. It’s just your feelings,”

Ye Ri looked at him, felt annoyed,

“Don’t you experience something like that too?”

And Henry’s laughed quickly stopped. He gulped and Zhoumi laughed,

“Aha! From your expression I know that you feel something too. Palli, tell us,” he said.

Henry’s face turned sullen,

“I said it might be your feelings, nothing more. OK, I smelt something from our room when I busy with my notebook. It’s like perfume, but it’s not from yours or mine,” he finally said.

“Perfume? Like what? I mean, the smell,” Ye Ri asked.

Henry thought for a second,

“Fresh, smell of woods and...coriander,” he answered.

When he finished say that, Ye Ri looked at Zhoumi,

“I think...something strange happened here. When I talked with Auntie Yoon Mi, she told me that perhaps, something creepy ever happened here. She told me that she saw Ryeowook too, just like me,” she said and Zhoumi nodded,

“Yes. I felt something strange too about this house, Henry,” he added.

Henry looked at them,

Omo, come on, guys” he said and smiled. But both of Ye Ri and Zhoumi didn’t answer, so he stop smiled and said,

“So, what will gonna do? We will investigate this?”

Ye Ri smiled and Zhoumi quickly nodded,

“That’s a good idea!” he looked enthusiastic.

“Let’s do that!” Ye Ri nodded too.

Henry laughed once again,

“Omo guys, I just say...” but he didn’t continue his words when he saw Ye Ri had a discussion with Zhoumi. Then he sighed,

“Ah, jeongmal...”

***