02;

Take a Chance on Me [Hiatus]

 

 

"So that's why Taetae's sad..I don't think I can stand seeing her depressed like that any longer."

"I think we should do something about it."

The two half-Korean and half-American girls sat inside a cozy cafe, facing each other with only a small table seperating them from each other. Jessica took a sip of her cappuccino as she glanced blankly outside the window. After what they've discovered about their precious Taeyeon the day before, Tiffany and Jessica decided to meet up and discuss what they could do for the depressed shortie.

"What do you mean?" Tiffany asked as she placed her latte on top of the table. 

"We're her friends. We should think of some way to help her." Jessica explains as she lets out a soft sigh.

Tiffany frowned, her dark brown eyes gazing through the glass window. It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining ever so brightly up in the blue sky. 

"You're right. My heart aches everytime I see her looking tired and exhausted." Tiffany says, making the older girl her eyebrow towards her way. "Tiff, can I ask you a question?" Jessica asks suddenly, earning a enthusiastic nod from the other. 

"Of course Jessi. You can ask me anything." 

"Do you like Taeyeon?" Tiffany almost spilled out the coffee from . She wiped her lips with a tissue before throwing a surprised look towards the girl sitting in front of her. "W-Why'd you ask such a thing?" Tiffany laughed nervously, not liking the way the ice princess' eyes would narrow at her in doubt. 

Although Tiffany has admired and developed this romantic feelings towards Taeyeon, she never told anyone else about it. She only kept it to herself because she was too shy to admit it, even to herself.

"Oh come on. It's quite obvious you know." Jessica exclaimed, twirling a strand of her curly blonde tips around her index finger. "You know, the way you hold hands with her, the way you call her name so sweetly, and with the way you look at her so desperately as if you want to make love with her right there and then."

"I-I..W-Well I.." Tiffany stuttered as she was out of words to say. What Jessica said were all true and Tiffany couldn't find any excuse that would prove the blonde's observations wrong. But before she could give in and openly confess about her true feelings, it was her turn to shoot Jessica a warning look. "Well how about you Jessi? You share a lot of skinship with her too and I've once saw your cellphone filled with thousands of Taeyeon's selcas!"

"That is SO NOT TRUE!" Jessica bellowed, her cheeks flaring up. "Skinship is common between good friends and besides, I didn't have thousands of her pictures, I only have hundreds of them!" 

Tiffany scowled as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Well at least you admitted you keep some of her photos in your phone! I'm pretty sure you stare at each one every night while drooling endlessly with your brain piercing with 'fantastic' imaginations."

Jessica let out a gasp after hearing her comment. "How dare you! I bet you cut off all of your totoro dolls' heads and replaced them all with Taeyeon's faces!"

"That IS IT!" Tiffany got up from her chair and slammed both of her hands against the table, earning numerous stares coming from the other customers around them. "I won't let ANYBODY say those kind of horrid stuffs about my baby totoros!" Her eyes fumed with anger.

Jessica got up as well with the same intensity in her eyes. "Just admit that YOU LIKE TAEYEON."

"WELL GET YOUR SORRY- OUTTA HERE CAUSE I WON'T ADMIT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU DO." Tiffany fired back.

"YOU LITTLE ."

"YOU ."

"YOU 'TOTORO-TERRORIST-PINK ADDICT-LAME-HEADED' LOSER!!" 

"YOU '-FACED-LAZY-ASSED-GOOD-FOR-NOTHING' CUCUMBER-HATER!!"

After receiving such offending words from each other, the two furious girls decided to charge at each  other and shamelessly wrestle each other in front of a lot of people until it came to the point that the coffee shop's manager arrived and stopped them from their on-going catfight.

"Enough! I've had enough of you two!" He grabbed both of their ears and started dragging the two girls out of the shop. He kicked them out the door saying, " OUT! I WON'T LET YOU SCARE MY CUSTOMERS AWAY!!"

The both of them landed against the cemented pavement, pained whimpers and groans escaping from their lips. 

Tiffany was the first to recover as she quickly lifted herself off the ground and dusted herself off. She looked at Jessica was was struggling a little to get up, so Tiffany offered her a hand. Jessica stood by herself, ignoring the younger girl's offer of help. Once she got up, they glared at each other.

"Fine. Let's just admit to each other and to ourselves that we like her." Jessica stated.

Tiffany shook her head. "Oh I don't just like Taeyeon, I love her." She stated with much confidence.

Jessica scowled. "I don't give a damn." She turned around and was about to walk away, only to come into a halt when Tiffany's words triggered her. 

"I'll make you see Jessi. Soon enough I'm going to make Taeyeon mine, and we're gonna end up as a happy couple." Tiffany's words were filled with determination. "I'm gonna make sure that I'll be the one to make her happy."

Jessica looked over her shoulder and flashed a mischievous smirk towards Tiffany. "I'm glad to hear that. Don't worry cause the only obstacle that will be in your way is me." Her smirk faded as her expression suddenly went serious. "I love Taeyeon too. And there is no way I'm going to lose her over you."

"Fine."

"Fine."

The two girls turned away from each other and went on in their own seperate ways.

---

Taeyeon had just finished breakfast and was already getting herself prepared to leave for school. She was dressed up in a fine short-sleeved checkered blouse and a pair of denim pants that hugged her perfectly. 

"Omma! I'll be on my way!" Taeyeon yelled loud enough for her mom to hear. After hearing a faint response from the kitchen, she went on her way and rushed out of the house.

Taeyeon stopped by the bus stop. It was the place where she'd usually meet up with her two bestfriends, but she was surprised that she saw neither of the two once she got there. Almost everyday it was either Tiffany or Jessica that would already be standing here waiting for her.

That's strange..Where the heck are those two?

Taeyeon thought that maybe the girls were already at school so she just went on her way alone. Just as she was walking on the side of the street, Taeyeon didn't notice a bike coming towards her way.

"E-Excuse me! Make way!" A voice squeaked behind her.

Taeyeon turned around and was quick enough to jump over the side in order to avoid the bicycle that almost hit her. As for the bicycle itself, it accidentally hit against a post which caused its driver to fall down towards the ground.

"Miss! Are you okay?" Taeyeon rushed over to the rider's side. Once she caught a glimpse of the girl's familiar features, Taeyeon's face relaxes with relief. "Tiffany."

"Hi Taetae." The black haired girl greeted in a not so cheerful kind of way. She winced a little as she touched her foot. 

Taeyeon looked at her worriedly. "Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you want me to take you to the hospital or something?!" 

Tiffany only smiled at her as she slowly got up to her feet. "How can you still be worried about me after I almost hit you with my bike?" She looked guiltily down her feet. Taeyeon placed a hand over the younger girl's shoulder. "Yah, don't say things like that. You're my bestfriend, of course I'd worry about you." The older girl stated.

"I'm fine." Tiffany said. "Mianhe, are you hurt?"

"Gwenchanha." Taeyeon responds with a smile. "How about you? You don't look okay." she referred to the way Tiffany would slightly limp. 

Tiffany frowned and bit her lower lip. "Taetae~ My right foot hurts. I think I injured my ankle a little bit. Would you help me get to school?"

"YOU'RE HURT? No. I am going to take you home." 

"A-ANIYO!" Tiffany quickly refused. "I'm fine, it doesn't hurt that bad. I can still manage to go to school." 

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon asks one more time. Once receiving a nod from the younger girl, Taeyeon broke into a small smile of relief. She then eyes the bicycle that was lying on the ground beside them. "Alright then, I'll just give you a bike ride to school." 

"Really?" Tiffany beams a happy smile before giving Taeyeon one tight embrace. "Oh thank you thank you thank you Taetae! I wouldn't know what to do without you!" Taeyeon could only smile in return.

---

The two arrived at Kirin University. Taeyeon had Tiffany's arm wrapped around her shoulder, while her own arm was wrapped around Tiffany's waist to support the younger girl as she walked. But before they could even make it to the campus entrance, Tiffany paused in their tracks.

"Taetae, I can't go on like this." She complained, pointing towards her 'injured' foot. "I'm having a hard time walking." She added with a small pout of her lips.

"Alright then." With one swift move, Taeyeon managed to grab Tiffany's body and held it in her arms as if she had no weight. Tiffany was surprised but she quickly reacted by wrapping her own arms around Taeyeon's neck. 

People started staring once Taeyeon entered the campus with Tiffany lying in her arms. Taeyeon completely ignored the stares, just continuing to walk quietly whilst Tiffany stared adoringly towards the older girl. Tiffany felt her heart racing just by experiencing the way Taeyeon was treating her at that very moment.

"Taetae~ Am I heavy?" Tiffany asked, worrying that the shorter girl might be having a difficult time carrying her.

The dork only shot her a breath-taking smile as she said, "You're as light as a feather. Don't worry, your Taetae is a hundred times stronger than superman." She played along, not knowing how much her actions were only making the younger girl attracted to her even more.

Tiffany and Taeyeon almost made it to the classroom. But just then, a figure appeared behind them.

"Taengoo?" 

Taeyeon froze at the familiar voice. She turned around and saw a certain blonde standing a few feet away from them. Jessica started making her way towards them, her face starting to have a sour expression once she noticed who was lying on Taeyeon's arms.

"Sica-yah." The dork greeted with a smile. "I didn't see you at the bus stop today."

"Mianhe Taengoo, I had to come here earlier than before." Jessica responded with a bright smile. But once her eyes landed on Tiffany, her smile instantly dissappeared. "What's up with her?"

Jessica saw how worried Taeyeon looked like once she laid her eyes on the girl she was carrying in her arms. "She had a bike accident this morning. Her ankle seems to be injured which is why I had to carry her all the way here."

"Seems to be," Jessica repeated, as if she already knew what Tiffany was planning in her mind. The two American girls exchanged unfriendly looks before Taeyeon noticed the awkward atmosphere and suddenly cleared . "Uh girls, what's going on?" She asked.

Jessica looked away from Tiffany to flash another smile at the oblivious shortie. "Nothing's wrong Taengoo. I'll see you later at lunch." She then stood beside Taeyeon and leaned over to the older girl's ear. "Meet me later at the rooftop. I've got something to show you." she then planted a soft kiss at Taeyeon's cheek.

"Yah!" Tiffany unconsciously yelled with pure jealousy, only to get ignored by the other two.

"See you later, Taengoo." Jessica winked playfully before walking away, leaving the other two alone.

Taeyeon had one eyebrow raised, her rosy cheeks reddening more after what just happened. She was quite puzzled as to why Jessica had randomly kissed her, but nevertheless, she seemed to like it.

"Yah Kim Taeyeon!" Tiffany snarled once she noticed the older girl spacing out. "If you're going to space out for the next few hours, then just let me go! You don't have to carry me! I can walk alone from here!"

Tiffany's voice snapped Taeyeon out from her thoughts. "W-What?" 

Tiffany's face reddened with anger. She freed herself from Taeyeon's arms and started walking towards the classroom, and she walked so fast as if she had no injury at all. Taeyeon watched with confusion as the angered mushroom left without her. 

Wait a second...I thought her ankle's hurting?

"Fany-ah! Wait!" Taeyeon ran after her secretly jealous bestfriend.

Meanwhile, Jessica was just standing at the end of the hallway, hiding her petite self from behind the wall. She was watching Tiffany and Taeyeon secretly from afar.

Once Taeyeon and Tiffany was out of sight, Jessica leaned her back against the cold wall and sighed. But then, a smirk played across her face as she thought of a plan in her head.

Starting to play dirty, eh Tiffany? We'll see about that. It's going to be my turn next.

---

A/N: Hello! Second chappie updated! Just to remind you guys, the battle is just beginning. >:) And also I want you to know that neither Jessica nor Tiffany is a bad guy here. The both of them are just fighting their way towards our kid leader's heart. <3 Aww.

anyways, THANKS SO MUCH to all those who subscribed to this story. JEONGMAL KANSAHANMIDA. Readers are one of my inspirations in writing this fic. ^^

Oh well, ENJOY~ 

BTW, why do you think I marked this as Rated M? (other than the fic having bad words of course) Should I put in in the future? LOL